Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
can u get free 3ds games from it or anything like that. and how often do the rewards change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
The only games you can get from it are virtual console or other cheap ones

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I got a Luigi pin and a Majora's Mask music CD case neither of which were games.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Anime Device posted:

I got a Luigi pin and a Majora's Mask music CD case neither of which were games.

true. is the regular stuff like stuff you cant get anywhere else?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

its free, so yes. the rewards are never very impressive, but its nice to get free things

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you have a system to register you should wait until they run one of their get a free game when you register a system + game deals

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Awesome! posted:

if you have a system to register you should wait until they run one of their get a free game when you register a system + game deals

cool

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I got the Majora's Mask CD last year, and Donkey Kong Country Returns this year. I like Club Nintendo

Soral
May 30, 2009

i registered my wii u and got kirby super star for free. hope this helps.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I got the Majora's Mask CD last year, and Donkey Kong Country Returns this year. I like Club Nintendo

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
ii got the year of luigi psoters cause verything else was sold out and i will neevr use them in my life. you can get some games but its usually really bad things. once in a while theyll have a cool snes game for the wii u but its rare. if you want to get the good physical items good luck because they sell out in 2 seconds

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
If you buy video games and video game consoles belonging to Nintendo and you want free poo poo for doing so, then yes of course it's worth it. Just enter in your codes and save your points until one you want comes up, they offer new batches of vc games every month and pretty good ones, too

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
yeah

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Things I got from Club Nintendo:

-Super Mario 3D Land

-Pokemon Y

-The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

-Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

-Majora's Mask OST

-Super Smash Bros. 3DS demo code (early)

-Pikmin Tote Bag

-Donkey Kong '94

-Kirby Super Star

That seems to be about it. Perhaps I lack a sense of appreciation, but I got little enjoyment out of these things bar Wind Waker HD and Kirby Super Star.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
All of those things loving own, are you kidding me

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Of course it's loving worth it!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Of course it's loving worth it!

Soral
May 30, 2009

Slur posted:

-Super Mario 3D Land

-Pokemon Y

-Majora's Mask OST

-Pikmin Tote Bag

-Donkey Kong '94

-Kirby Super Star

That seems to be about it. Perhaps I lack a sense of appreciation, but I got little enjoyment out of these things bar Wind Waker HD and Kirby Super Star.

what the gently caress, everything you got is awesome, what's wrong with you

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Slur posted:

-Super Mario 3D Land

-Pokemon Y

-Majora's Mask OST

-Pikmin Tote Bag

-Donkey Kong '94

-Kirby Super Star

how did u get pokemon y and 3d land. was it from registering the console

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

I've gotten a Marryo Brothers pouch and a calendar for free, so yeah it's worth it! I think this year I'm finally going to hit platinum!

wasn't this the final year for nintendo club in japan or something? i thought i read something about it in the 3ds thread. Could NA and EU be next?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
why am i not getting points for my eshop purchases...

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Not all games give you club Nintendo fun bucks, usually only first party titles and other exclusives noted on the site

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
yeah but curtain call apparently does and i didnt get anything for it.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Like most reward programs, yes, if you actually bother to do it it's actually worth it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Slur posted:

-Pikmin Tote Bag
i love my pikmin tote bag

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i always wonder who the hell gets those mega limited statues of link or whatever that go for like 250000 points
probably some horrible ebay seller who collects the points vouchers from the games they resell

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

It's worth it if you buy lots of Nintendo games anyway. The most valuable thing I got from it was the $30 if you bought fire emblem and smt 4 promo. The coolest is a deck of transparent Mario cards

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I got the Rosilina Bikini PVC statue.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DrManiac posted:

It's worth it if you buy lots of Nintendo games anyway. The most valuable thing I got from it was the $30 if you bought fire emblem and smt 4 promo. The coolest is a deck of transparent Mario cards

do they do promos like the SMT + fire emblem thing often or was that the only example?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I.N.R.I posted:

do they do promos like the SMT + fire emblem thing often or was that the only example?

The more recent one was Mario kart 8 + Free game. They happen occasionally, but not very often.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

I got the Rosilina Bikini PVC statue.

If this was real I would probably take out a loan just to buy a WiiU and all the games.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

The more recent one was Mario kart 8 + Free game. They happen occasionally, but not very often.

thanx taint reaper

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I dont understand the question. Is it "Worth it"? its free.. codes come with games you buy. Is it worth your time? All you have to do is put in the code and you get points for it. If you dont want the club nintendo codes then give them to me.

(actually for that matter I have a spare Bravely Default club nintendo code that I can't use because I already redeemed bravely default collectors edition. so if you have a club nintendo code lyin around.. Ill trade ya my unused bravely default code for it.)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well, i just wanted to find out what kinds of general things u can get. like, rocks are free since u can just pick them up off the ground, but i dont really want any. anyway, i already know the stuff i wanna know now , so thank u every1.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I for one despise free things. What do I look like, a loving charity case? Get off my back, The Man!!!

Yes it's worth it you goddamn imbecile

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mach2 posted:

I for one despise free things. What do I look like, a loving charity case? Get off my back, The Man!!!

Yes it's worth it you goddamn imbecile

stfu.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

sorry if I hurt your feelings I honestly think you're a really nice guy probably

*impfist*

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Maybe you should ask one of your two dads to teach you how some manners if they're not too busy sucking each others dicks.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

Maybe you should ask one of your two dads to teach you how some manners if they're not too busy sucking each others dicks.

Haha joke's on you, I don't have any dads! Or anyone that loves me, or even tolerates me! Hah! Eat it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

well you could've gotten Smash Brothers codes to sell on eBay for $30 a pop, so that's something.

btw Congrats on your Hurf de Durfament win.

• Locked thread