Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get out of fyad
Mar 27, 2013
Let's cast our votes to decide which member of the 'POS is most likely to commit one of the most embarrassing computer mistakes one can make: forgetting to plug the computer in. In a week I'll tally up the votes, and we'll see if the mods can give the winner a special tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It's... it's you. You.

get out of fyad
Mar 27, 2013
(Yospos on phone with tech support)
Tech support guy: Sir, did you check to make sure that a power cable is securely connected to both the back of the computer and a functioning wall outlet.
Yospos: Listen here you Indian, I'm no computer chump. I have 3 versions of Linux on my computer. I've programmed in every language, even fortran. (*realizes computer isn't plugged in*) Never mind, I fixed the problem on my own. Thanks for wasting my time.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i have my computer plugged into an uninterruptible power supply, op

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

no they will not

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

why is the computer unplugged to begin with?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
rotor

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
he is forgetful you see

get out of fyad
Mar 27, 2013

Sweeper posted:

he is forgetful you see

I'd believe it

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
someone post the friday night gif with the psychadelic bug

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

get out of fyad posted:

Tech support guy: Sir, did you check to make sure that a power cable is securely connected to both the back of the computer and a functioning wall outlet.
Yospos: Listen here you Indian, I'm no computer chump. I have 3 versions of Linux on my computer. I've programmed in every language, even fortran. (*realizes computer isn't plugged in*) Never mind, I fixed the problem on my own. Thanks for wasting my time.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

get out of fyad posted:

oh snap, its doctor fortran

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
here comes, doctor fortran

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
last week I had a friend over and we were watching a movie on my laptop and I forgot to plug it in

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I have done that once, so it is me.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
sometimes i forget my laptop charger but it usually lasts a whole day on a charge and if not literally everyone has apple chargers

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

newreply.php posted:

sometimes i forget my laptop charger but it usually lasts a whole day on a charge and if not literally everyone has apple chargers

nice av

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I've done it too.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Peanut and the Gang posted:

I've done it too.

Have you?

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Yes, I have. And I look a fool whenever it happens.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

im a big loving idiot, op, so probably me?? i dont know because im stupid

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

literally using my poo poo old laptop b/c i left my charger at work

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
i wish the op had forgotten to plug in his computer when he thought up this thread

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

.lnk to the past posted:

i wish the op had forgotten to plug in his computer when he thought up this thread

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
this wouldn't be the yosposters fault, it would be tim cooks fault for making the apple's power jacks really lovely

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I just realized my laptop wasn't plugged in, lol haha. DERP!

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

ty

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

It's v. beautiful and easy to stare at.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It's probably YOSPOS superstar I.N.R.I, OP.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Peanut and the Gang posted:

It's v. beautiful and easy to stare at.

i like to think of it as a hypnotizing robot anus

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

with some creative work you can make it appear the opposite color of "read" posts in amber/green at the cost of looking like poo poo in every other forum, with the stylesheet removed, or when the post is not read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
gonna go with sulk because he is too poor to afford electricity

• Locked thread