Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

romanowski posted:

please explain
The Evangalion rebuild movies have these titles:
Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone
Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance
Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo

They are meant to be thematic and pretentious (because its eva) and the Tenzengalion pun-thing from a few pages before plays off this.

Edit: :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

EatinCake posted:

First episode was pretty solid world building. New baddie's first scene was pretty great- but after the last season's gang of villians I do hope she has some buddies that tag along.
Bolin. :smith:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

GigaPeon posted:

Does that give her +10 Poison Resist? Or maybe she was subconsciously bending the metal away from her nervous system?
The Avatar state making her force out a bit of the poison passively would be a :spergin: logical explanation yeah. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I liked the episode enough but Meelo went from funny, if a bit too forced and annoying at times to grade-A insufferable.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

:2bong: Korra is going to get spirit-lasered and go like, beyond the avatar state. This also restores the past lives :2bong:

Sneak peak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIH9uas-uPk&t=117s

Seriously though, this was a decent episode and while not perfect I liked that Korra at least tried reasoning.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

I think the basic gist of it is just that Jay O doesn't think that the LoK characters are fun, while he did enjoy the ATLA characters. I think that's a reasonable opinion to have.

She, but yeah.
I do kinda gree though. Outside of Tenzin, Korra, Bolin, Lin and maybe Ikki I don't care too much about any of the characters.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

What network is good these days?
Fox News is good to it's shows isn't it, it's just horrible stuff. :shepface:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

If some of you are wondering "Well why didn't they just not make the episode if Nick hosed them?", remember that Nick paid them to make a set amount of episodes that needs to be adhered, they just paid them less for it. I think they did the best they could by just making a blatant clipshow.

The writers do need a bigger team to actually deliver on all their promises and ambitions for this show, and s3 and s4 show the somewhat bigger team helped for that, but this episode itself Nick's fault.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

The ultimate in budget voice work: Steve Blum as every male character, Jennifer Hale as every female character.

So this but with elemental martial arts? I'd watch that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icr2vGP9vQs

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

B:TAS was pretty much excellent and Batman Beyond is a better sequel series than Korra. :colbert:
Batman Beyond had a concept so dumb as a sequel to Batman:TAS it's unreal.
What if the new batman, was like, sorta power armor, but instead of bruce it's this kinda dark and edgy teen in it, and bruce is like old because it's in the future. :350:
The actual show was pretty flawed and got cut short, but it was also really entertaining and fun and well solid/good.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Miss Nomer posted:

Would this have been better?
That's amazing. :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Aces High posted:

What is this referring to?

The end of Evangalion had that happen in it pretty much, Just going to link to the images due to derailing and :nws: reasons:
http://imgur.com/a/GeM6r

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Yup that was pretty drat cool. These last two seasons are only soured by the end of S1 and shaky stuff of S2 but now that it's over I really liked Korra overall. :3:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ETB posted:

To be fair, we got a murder-suicide out of season 1, and a great setup for season 3 and 4 from season 2. :v:
I'm probably one of the few people that puts S2 over S1 actually, I did love the first two episodes of s1 though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Well duh, it got in the way of Zakorra. Or is it Korzheer? :barf:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

dj_clawson posted:

They would occasionally stumble onto something good - like Zuko and Katara, who were both older than Aang at an age when a few years really did matter and had actual chemistry - they couldn't use it because of plot.
I thought all "relations" in TLA where goofy dorky kid ones. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

To be fair that was him being on all the firebender steroids. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Eej posted:

That's Sir Iknik Blackstone Varrick to you. :colbert:

Also the thing I'm going to miss most about Korra is the ending theme and I'm not sure why.

I played some Anno today and Anno 2070's menu theme kinda reminded me of it, so here is that if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDFE9F0F-jQ

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Although trying to connect logic to Magic kung-fu is kinda useless on it's own I think the rules as we know them from TLA/LOK would mean Mako would be able to extract the heat from the lava or maybe even amplify it but he can't do anything to the material itself.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

demota posted:

When Mako was in the spirit vine reactor, I was just really reminded of Iroh talking to Zuko about how lightning bending could be really dangerous. It was nice to see that come back into play.
I really liked that he actually used the TLA forms and motions to summon lightning there.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Okay that was pretty drat brutal. :stare:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I'll play, because this is actually a non-awful use of this thread.

Favorites: Sokka, Zaheer, Lin (s2 excepted), Aang, Suki, Toph, previous lives (as a whole I really liked these)
Oh and this man over here: :black101:

Least favorites:
Amon got ruined for me hard by the end of s1. The reveal of him was okay but how he was handled was just meh, props for the murder-suicide resolution.
Unalaq for obvious reasons, Mai because she always bored me, loving Meelo especially in s4.

Notable things:
I wanted to love Bolin a whole lot more then I do, but they pushed his "humor" too far at times.
While I don't think Mako is a good character altogether after s3 and s4 he is noticeably better and no longer on my worst list.
I kinda want to put Raava and Vatuu on the least list, not because of the idea behind her but they are just not interesting to me. The only interesting thing about Raava is her bond with the avatars.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

I'm not sure which of those is more impressive, a woman knocking up another woman or Sokka knocking up a celestial body.
Sokka, cause he will rock-ya.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

S1 has a dramatic upswing in quality throughout, the first episodes are indeed kinda rough.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I meant the writing and stuff :v:
I once came across fake!HD upscales, they looked decent enough from what I saw of them.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

As an American, I don't really get it. Isn't constitutional monarchy just giving one family a free ride just because?
As a person living in one: We are lucky that we had a decent enough stretch of them, and they do a lot of publicity and poo poo that doesn't take time away from our actual government.
It's still dumb though but they at least take some of the pure window-dressing and diplomatic tasks I guess, shame this gives our horrible gov more time to wreck healthcare and poo poo even more. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

Katara should have taught Korra how to bloodbend. She knew blood benders were a thing and, short of the Avatar state, the only countermeasure for bloodbending is bloodbending.
Korra in her s1 mindset knowing bloodbending would not be a good idea for anybody. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

In the end the show was pretty cool and fun, I won't miss this thread though. Maybe well get that retrospective/legacy thread down the line

Now for some good old pre-season 1 fanart:

• Locked thread