Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Oh. Season 4 started already. Huh.

Toph :swoon:

Drifter posted:

How is she a villain based on what we've seen?

The look on her face after she recruited those bandits was one of pure unadulterated villainy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Heil Kuvira.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Doesn't really make sense to me that she can see everything through the trees' roots, but not through the, you know, soil.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

GigaPeon posted:

What's a lethal dose of mercury? That was a lot of mercury. She should be a vegetable.

She and every other character has taken a lethal dose of blunt force trauma in approximately every fight in the entire series. Everyone in Avatar should be a vegetable.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Let me just pull a fresh tranquilizer out of my WELL STOCKED SWAMP PANTRY.

It's called brick to head.

Or just waiting until she falls asleep.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

TOPH'S THE BEST :allears:

This series should've just been Legend of Toph.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Hauldren Collider posted:

Does anyone actually like Meelo, Ikki, Jinora, or Kai? Anyone? At least Kai's balls dropped, but his VA is still terrible.

Jinora is pretty cool. Meelo and Ikki are annoying kids, though. Meelo is aggressively unfunny in addition to being annoying.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Why didn't they just metalbend the ring into Mordor?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Darth Kuvira.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Stumpus posted:

Why does the avatar even care about the conquests of man?if anything doesn't her meddling unbalance the world? This is a criticism of all the avatars.

An avatars job is to bring balance between man and spirit. That's what they're qualified to do.

The avatar imposing her strength to see her ideology is carried out is an abuse. The avatars are clearly flawed individuals with their own opinions. They happen to have significant power which allows them to determine what is or is not right.

I guess what I'm saying is why is this current plot something the avatar should involve herself in. The four nations are human constructs unlike the spirit / man divide. Why can't the human world change and deal with it themselves.

I hope this show ends with the foreshadowing that Toph made that the world actually doesn't need an avatar.

I think it's OK for the avatar to fight against Literally Hitler.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Korra is a good show, imo. I look forward to the next episode.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Amon was literally the opposite of Hitler. He was fighting against the Bender Übermensch. He wanted everyone to be equal, so he tried to take away everyone's bending. Didn't Stalin enforce communism by sending all the rich people to the gulags? That's kind of the same thing.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Isn't "10,000" just Chinese slang for "a whole lot"?

Maybe, but it's probably literally 10000 years here.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Season 4 was really good and I hope we see more Avatar at some point in the future. :)

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
lol if you think Bolin was actually crushing on Korra in S1 and didn't just admire her probending.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I still think we should've gotten at least one scene of Korra like this:

You know, just so we could have all our EVA bases covered.

It's not EVA until

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Korra threads on /co/ are hilarious to read right now.

readingatwork posted:

- How the gently caress did (any character really) survive that!?

It's an anime.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Korra threads on /co/ were always hilarious, but I was under the impression most people were either neutral or favorable to it from the threads I've read since it happened.

They are. But there's a handful of people who post very very loudly.

The Sharmat posted:

Pfff, haven't you guys heard of Death of the Author? This announcement means literally nothing. You're going to be hearing people say it's not canon for a long, long time.
Yeah, death of the author is really stupid. It's up to the author to decide what goes on in their stories.
The announcement means quite a bit, actually. I mean, we still have people saying the world is flat even after the announcement that it's round several hundred years ago.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I presume because harvesting spirit vines pissed spirits off a whole loving lot.

I dunno, it pissed off the vines, but if the spirits cared so much, wouldn't they have been happy to fight Kuvira?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Tenzin put his life into airbending, and as a result, he is the best airbender in the world. Hard work clearly does pay off.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I can't wait to read conservative news articles about how nickelodeon wants to corrupt ARE CHILDREN with their gay agenda.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I got so mad at the end of every Hollywood movie ever made when the man and the woman kissed for no reason other than to further the heterosexual agenda.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'll be honest, I thought kataang was way weirder and more unexpected than korrasami. So I guess I've either been tainted by the gay agenda, or I just can't see 14 and 12 year olds falling in tru wuv with each other.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Let go of your hetero tethers
enter the homo
become gay

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Imo, you are not unrealistically slutty if you go from friends to hand holding in six months plus three years.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Sokka was by far the worst thing about ATLA. He and Aang annoyed the hell out of me for most of season 1. Aang at least got better later on, but Sokka only ever got tolerable at best.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
http://www.gospelherald.com/article...ans-respond.htm

Thank you, Gospelherald.com. It took way too long, but it was worth the wait.

quote:

Janet Boynes, former lesbian and founder of Janet Boynes Ministries, warns that the gay community is attempting to indoctrinate young children by "normalizing" homosexual relations via television shows.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Imagine what a massive fuckup Goku would be if the dragon balls didn't exist to fix everything after he let the world get literally destroyed for the umpteenth time.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Aang was up against some random firebender dude.
Korra was up against Literally Satan. And got some ghosts who give bad advice killed.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I bet Kuvira didn't even build autobahn.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Torquemadras posted:

If there's ever another Avatar series, it will most certainly deal with the next generation. There will be magical kungfu. If there ISN'T another Avatar series ever again... there will be another series with magical kungfu. :colbert: That's the hard truth, folks. Ultimately, the main draw for me were always very well done action scenes and the occasional great character, none of which is Avatar-specific. At this point, I'd rather have a completely new universe, one which is aimed at an older audience right from the start. And let's be honest - that's more likely anyway.

Honestly, I'd rather see more avatar than some new thing which has a similarly horrible first season to ATLA and LOK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

They've been doing this for 12 years,they probably want to do something else.

Right, they've even said as much. So give it to some other people.

• Locked thread