Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

It would be actually cool to have gay or bisexual characters, but the sad thing is they weren't either until the very last episode I guess as a way to be remembered or get people talking?

Maybe it was a thank you to the fans since they're leaving Nick and the series behind for good, and there's been nothing but shipping two characters who barely even spoke to each other in the first season since the first episode by said fans.

As a bisexual it would be nice to see depictions of gay or bisexual characters outside of jarring sudden fan-service, but American cartoons still have a long ways to go I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

It just needed at least one episode. Instead of the last 6 minutes of one.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Has there been any instance of "You're not allowed to like korrasami/your opinion doesn't count because you're a straight male and all straight males like girls who like girls"? Because as someone working on an indie game with the intention of having strong female characters I've actually been concerned and worried that there might be a subconscious desire to put in 'strong' female characters not necessarily because of wanting to advance inequality but because on some level as a straight male that's just something I probably find attractive.

Is there discourse on that? Is that a problem in of itself or an acceptable transitional step and that being self reflective on that is probably a good sign?

As long as your characters don't randomly become lesbians right before the credits roll so fans can j/o you'll be fine.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Jimbot posted:

It's best to assume all characters are heterosexual then throw a fit when it turns out they're not instead. It's normal, you see.

The character was heterosexual to the point of an entire season dedicated to a heterosexual love triangle, until literally the last episode of the last season when suddenly she's a lesbian just for fanservice.

Pretty typical of anime shows, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

It's a shame Korra didn't have any good seasons.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Good riddance to this awful show that was never good, and was indeed an anime.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Thank you for posting this anime fanservice art in a thread for serious dicussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

why don't they kiss in this

or push their titties together

• Locked thread