Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This is next week, I'm excited. Hopefully Zhu Li does the thing sooner rather than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I like how the homeless man from season 1 (forget his name) is in the ad for the spirit section of Republic City. Also interested to see how the Airbender kids are going to act now that they're a little older.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

hiddenriverninja posted:

New clip of Kai and Opal Batmanningairbending it up.

http://at.nick.com/1rIgMCS

Those wingsuits are some fine attire. Nice to see Kai not be a shithead as well.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hope tomorrow is a two episode deal, one episode of magic Kung-Fu fun is not enough

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

One aside I really want to see touched upon is if Rohan is a bender or not. Just a little thing I hope get explored. I hope the third episode is the Team Avatar reunion, hopefully things aren't too strange between them.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I thought the kids were the best part about the episode, honestly. They seemed exactly like kids who were going out on their first big trip. I thought Ikki shone through, what with her playing those guards like a fiddle. Reminded of Aang in a way. Maybe I just liked the fun tone as opposed to the serious nature the first three episodes had. Korra finally getting the poison out isn't really cheap, as she had spent six months with Toph. Pretty sure you just don't get over a traumatic experience like the final fight against the Red Lotus right away. I thought it was appropriate she finally let go of her emotional baggage almost four years after the incident. Sometimes those barriers are difficult for people to break through.

tl;dr: The episode was fine, if a bit excessive with some of the Meelo. Action will definitely pick up next week

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think my favorite subplot of the episode was Asami reuniting with Hiroshi. Asami finally got a little bit of spotlight, and that did wonders for her character. The scene of her in the park kind of ate at me, such a good moment. She's found her balance alright :3:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I would kill for an HD remaster of AtLA. I'm in the middle of a series rewatch and a visual update would be great if you ask me. Korra, Season 2 aside, has fantastic animation. Can't wait for Friday, this week by week thing is killing me.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I get the feeling that Kuvira is going to invade the Fire Nation or something as a way to bring the story of both AtLA and Korra to parallel ends. Just a gut feeling now that Kuvira has the entire Earth Kingdom under her rule.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

kefkafloyd posted:

Wow, Bumi's getting in shape. Seems like being an Airbender has given him a new lease on life.

He can finally live up to Dad's standard :unsmith:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I really hope we get to see the modern Fire Nation before the end of this run. Would love to see the staggering contrast from what we saw last time with all the brainwashing kids and Footloose towns

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

VaultAggie posted:

Not to mention she was using Aang's help to beat his own grandchildren. :colbert:

You say that like Aang wouldn't enjoy the opportunity to school his grandkids at his own game. :colbert:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't help but feel that this show would be much better if it had three or four more episodes to play with and develop their ideas.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Toph is definitely going down in a blaze of glory or surviving and returning in the finale. Varrick continues his renaissance to an actual person and keeps being incredible.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

JT Jag posted:

Toph is eventually forced to retreat due to sheer numbers, decides to track down Zuko and Katara and get the gaang back together, go Expendables on this motherfucker

I hope this sequence goes down. When the inevitable deus ex machina that allows Korra to reconnect with her past lives occurs, Aang channels himself through Korra to get the original Gaang out of trouble and then returns to the dead. Would be so dumb but drat it I want to see it happen

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Vaatu and Zaheer on conference call with Amon was amazing and probably the greatest moment ever in both shows

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My top three would probably have to be
1) Villain conference call (really, that was so great. probably wouldn't have gotten that if the episode was fully funded so it's a bright spot in a sad moment)
2) Aang doing the element ball and kicking Ozai's rear end (series long buildup made that fight great to watch, better since Aang never changed his fundamentals to do what needed to get done)
2) Zaheer flying

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering through a poor feed, this is so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

wait, I'm really really sad about this ending. It was really good and all but the show is over now :smith:

• Locked thread