Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

raspy trashfucker posted:

wat the gently caress is going on in the trailer

A couple of weeks ago, a poster suggested that korra might take up a hermit-like existence in the former Earth Kingdom, then get pulled back into the action by warlords rampaging across the now-balkanized continent.

seems like he ~might've been pretty close to the money but who knows for sure

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

The final insult to this show from Nickelodeon is uploading the trailer in 480p on Youtube.

Have they ever released the musical scores for LoK? The music for the show has been really on point, especially in book 3, and the trailer music is always great too.

the closest we've gotten with books 2 and 3 are the occasional tracks that the composer, Jeremy Zuckerman, uploads to his soundcloud.

all I want is the Zaofu theme :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

zaofu clothes are slimming. I dunno if I am prepared for a fashionable Bolin

Wildeyes posted:

That was my thought too. It would be unconventional to end the series with the main character unattached, and I don't know if they'd introduce someone new for her.

I don't think it is too unrealistic to expect korra to be unhitcched when the series concludes.

Aang's situation was different in that there were pretty hefty narrative reasons to address his romantic future. He needed somebody to have kids with so that they could show airbenders in the future, and they'd constructed his avatar-state rage in such a way that he needed his ~true love~ aroound to snap him out of it. Neither of these things is a consideration with Korra.

Mako's overall role was kinda minimized last season, and the way they summarily ended the ongoing romantic drama offscreen after dedicating so much screentime to it in season 2 always seemed like a "poo poo, guys, maybe we should stop doing this?" move to me.

not gonna happen

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 27, 2014

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I just hope all of the mechs and powered armor don't crowd out too many cool kung-fu magic battles

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Kithkar posted:

I would argue that it's that it doesn't do what nick wants it to, which is sell merch (for some reason).

That being said, it's not like this being the final season hasn't been stated since before book 2 was a thing.

the merch thing baffles me because it never really seemed like they tried to push any merch out of this IP.

where are the action figures? Where is the trading card game? why is there just now a vidyergame? Shoulda been ready to roll all this plastic junk out in 2011, when ratings would naturally be highest.

kids will buy these things if you make and distribute them competently

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 30, 2014

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

episode needed more Korra.

I do think we'll see the Airplane Bandit again. He seemed too badass to be a one-off, and villains in this franchise traditionally have some sort of intimidating right-hand-man.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Rosalind posted:

What are the odds that in the end it's a children's show so villains have to be unsubtle and villainous? This isn't loving Breaking Bad here. This is something my 8 year old cousin watches.

Yeah, I'm confident the reason for the "Villain appears ambiguous, then turns out not to be" pattern is not because the writers literally don't understand how to do ambiguous villains or antivillains, but because it is a kids' show and they don't want to show the heroes beating up good/not-so-bad people.

I suspect some people were spoiled by Zuko's redemptive arc, which is the kind of thing this show just doesn't have time to do, formating-wise.

Now, the equalists were genuinely handled poorly, in that their rank-and-file had real grievances but there was never any attempt to give them a sympathetic voice, but I think the writing team has tightened up since then. We've already got multiple characters in Kuvira's camp who will most likely come out sympathetic.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 3, 2014

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Sato posted:

I wonder why Pabu had to stay behind? He's not exactly hard to transport like Naga.

Pabu was too principled too cross the aisle during family feud. Took up with a third party instead.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Aggressive pricing posted:

That's no excuse, really what it comes down to is the society in AvatarWorld has an insane respect for life, benders are contantly pulling their punches so definitely fatal attacks just sort of bounce off people.

it helps when the people in your society are cartoon characters who can survive huge boulders crashing into their torsos

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 5, 2014

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Rosalind posted:

I wonder if we're going to learn more about how the heck Kuvira got so much power anyway. When we saw her in season 3, she was a security guard and practicing for that dance performance. Why is she the one tasked with reuniting the Earth Kingdom? Why not Suyin?

She wasn't just a guard. She was captain of the guard. Pretty important job, influential position, etc. I would imagine she might've taken some followers with her when she set out from Zaofu. Troops who had served under her and agreed with her plans and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

spirit puppy best puppy

• Locked thread