Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

icantfindaname posted:

It should also be pointed out that it's not like anime is a wonderland of Cowboy Bebop clones. There are like, 3 good shows total I can think of that fit that description, and maybe another two or three mediocre ones, over the past 25 years or so.

There are good anime outside of reruns on Toonami/Adult Swim. Honestly. It may be difficult to find when wading through all the dime-a-dozen shonen, cheesecake, and slice-of-life moei stuff that gets put out (presumably because that poo poo is somehow popular), but there are more diamonds in the rough than you're aware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Andrew_1985 posted:

All of the music in Korra is just beautiful. Especially the quieter moments. I have no musical expertise, do they use a mandolin quite heavily in the closing credits?

I asked Zuckerman on twitter about this:

I had figured it was some kind of percussion!

E:

TheMaestroso fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 22, 2014

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

thexerox123 posted:

I just started watching it yesterday, watched up to Ep 9, so far. I'm going to have this theme song stuck in my head for awhile, aren't I?

The theme is the only part of the show I have no problems with (other than creating unfulfilled expectations of fun, good-time adventure-y stuff and then giving us...EVA). I had to stop watching a couple episodes after the red-head shows up.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

As far as we know, Kuvira would not have actually attacked the spirits and even her assault on the Spirit Vines was accidental.

What about her harvesting the Na'Vi spirit grove for a vine supply? I know they don't actually show much of that, but it's not exactly a side-effect of her conquests.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Captain Failcon posted:

Honestly I feel as if they were the fake kind of gay. Like the t.A.T.u. of children's cartoons. Playing it up you know? Glad that gay hell claimed two more queer souls for the furnace.

The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Dexo posted:

Someone draw Kuvira as Jetstream Sam.

Seeing Kuvira with a huge poo poo-eating grin would be creepy as hell. I need to see this.

• Locked thread