Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
All the lost technological progress in firearms has gone into skydiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

VanSandman posted:

Has anyone tried smacking Korra in the small of the back with a rock?

Toph will prescribe another bout of mercury poisoning to cure Korra.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
Messing up on the Naga sections is pretty hilarious.

One of the costumes is up,up,down,down then x or square. You have to scroll and highlight the costume to enter the code.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

JT Jag posted:

I think my favorite gag of this entire season so far is Meelo's unrealistically realistic sketch of Korra

and people thought meelo drew those stick figures for bolin

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
I liked the episode for real. People are always saying they need to take some time and flesh out the characters and their motivations, and well, aside from Varick's thing which was great in its own right, this was pretty much an episode of that.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

NextTime000 posted:

well I guess Toph did kinda just tell her that a couple episodes ago so :shrug:

yeah and tenzin reiterated it basically word for word at the end of her story too.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
korra will out-debate kuvira into standing down and a more enlightened wu will rule benevolently. heh.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

icantfindaname posted:

You're already watching anime

not enough misogyny

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
Anime is bad because it's created by a culture with a child-like view of the world. Anime's version of serious and adult oriented is brooding, boobs, and blood.

VV A better analogy would be comics, which have a specific culture surrounding them, with a few odd outliers.

Mazreal fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Dec 9, 2014

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

gannyGrabber posted:

I'm pretty sure Kuvira is cray cray.

That doesn't make her inhuman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
The problem with any anime with action in it is that it invariably has the scene where a woman tries to play with the big boys and either gets quietly shoved to the side or blatantly shut down and needs the man to take over. Korra is awesome cause moms and women of all ages can bust out bad rear end martial arts moves as much as anyone.

• Locked thread