Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

quote:

Not just because it is 'realistic' but because the strength of morals is strongest in the face of loss.
But he had lost. He lost his entire race/culture to the same guy who he had ample justification to kill, who everyone was telling him to kill, who he had every right to kill, some would argue (and did both in show and out) had a responsibility to kill. And he didn't. That's the strength of his beliefs right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

quote:

On a semi-related note, I did love the little detail of her effortlessly pulling him up by his wrists after he had so much trouble doing the exact same thing to her when the spirit nuke went off.
He also mentions that she weighs a lot more than she looks like she would and says something like she weighs 2.5 Zhu Li's which is... odd considering if the unit of measurement was named after her it'd be like, her weight.

But either way, muscle weighs more than fat and she looks skinny as hell so Zhu Li is built like a brick shithouse under that business suit.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

There's like a million Li's.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

quote:

Kuruk apparently died pretty young though.
My personal opinion is that Kuruk, after losing his wife, realized what an utter fuckup as an avatar he was and suicided so the power would go to someone who would actually do something useful with it.

Also, does it seem that the previous Avatars appear to the current Avatar as the age they were when they died, or when they were at their most powerful, or what? How do they determine what their appearance is? I mean if Kyoshi lived to be over 200, her manifestation doesn't look a day over like 40.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

computer parts posted:

I mean there are other differences too but there is a specific parallel in Book 1 between Yakone and Aang both trying to pass on their bloodline.
And there's where all the sudden airbenders came from. Aang freaked out when his first kid was a non-bender and his second kid was a water bender and decided to go crazy on all his avatar-inspired world trips while Katara had to stay home with the kids and tried in vain to single-handedly recreate the airbenders the old-fashioned way. When Tenzin finally rolled around he came to his senses and just pinned all his hopes on Tenzin.

That's right, every airbender from season 3 is some descendant of Aang. Even Opal. :colbert:

• Locked thread