Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
I enjoy this game. It's a nice relaxing, fun game to play and the client and payment methods are worlds ahead compared to MTG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
can you buy me some cards and maybe ill play it?

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

can you buy me some cards and maybe ill play it?

no, actually idk if you can give people money or cards in the game but i would appreciate it if anyone bought me some. you dont even need cash item cards to paly arena which is the best mode anyways

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hoodrich posted:

no, actually idk if you can give people money or cards in the game but i would appreciate it if anyone bought me some. you dont even need cash item cards to paly arena which is the best mode anyways

ah cool, ill have to check that out

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If this is fun I'll play.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

ah cool, ill have to check that out

like its not totally free to play, you need ingame currency but if you do your "Quests" (poo poo like winning 2 games as a cetain class or kill 30 minions, which you can easily accomplish in arena) you get gold which you can use to play Arena. if you go over 7 wins regularly you can arena infintely but thats if youre actually good. if you get klike 4 oir 5 wins commonly youll probably be gravy

Widestancer posted:

If this is fun I'll play.

it's fun if you like trading card games like magic. its basically lobotomized magic but still cool in its own way.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I played MTG during Unlimited and Arabian Knights and should probably sell my cards someday and it was fun back then

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

hearthstone is cool if you play casually, i had a lot of fun just playing arena. i tried to make a push in ranked and that wasnt very fun, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did that one dude update his arena tier list for the new cards

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Silver Striker posted:

hearthstone is cool if you play casually, i had a lot of fun just playing arena. i tried to make a push in ranked and that wasnt very fun, though.

constructed is super loving ghey cause you need to have all the retarded legendary cards just to compete and it takes so long to craft them all without spending money and gently caress that limited is more fun anyways

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Endorph posted:

did that one dude update his arena tier list for the new cards

uhh no but most of the naxx cards are pretty easy to understand whats good relative to the vanilla cards. there are naxx tier lsits out there but theyre not by as big of names. i just usually wing it when it comes to naxx cards but most of them are pretty high up in the tier list

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Does it have anything like paupers or commons only

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Hoodrich posted:

constructed is super loving ghey cause you need to have all the retarded legendary cards just to compete and it takes so long to craft them all without spending money and gently caress that limited is more fun anyways

yeah. its really hard to get started now without paying money because as a new player you get owned by not having much experience and not having all the good cards yet. i was able to do decently but it just go so frustrating when i felt like every game i played i was already at a major disadvantage because the other guy had been playing longer and had better cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Widestancer posted:

Does it have anything like paupers or commons only

nah the only modes right now are constructed with every card in the game (but only 2 of each and 1 legendary of each card) and Arena where its kind of like sealed, you pick a class out of 3 then get 3 random cards to choose from all of the same rarity, except you only get to draft 30 cards which is the deck limit, theres no sideboard and you cant jettison a creature if it doesnt fit your curve etc.

• Locked thread