Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Yeah, if only there were any good Token Generators in Standard right now. But there aren't.

A shame, you have to sacrifice creature spells you cast since clearly there are no ways to make tokens.

They aren't also diabolic intents on legs.

Cards do more than one thing at a time sometimes. Please be aware of this. You noticed Sidisi is a tutor. You also noticed Sidisi wins those fights. Please put these together next time you post, if your brain can manage to consider more than one factoid at a time.

I agree that Sidsi tutor will be good. I disagree that it will be good with Elspeth, Brimaz, or Rabblemaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

hmmm

Dragon Tempest with Brood Keeper and hammerhand + dragonmantle + ordeal of purpherous

Seems legit

Edit: or even ephiphany storm

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

After KTK came out you were vehement that Abzan was the worst clan and Sultai was the best....

Maybe you are useful as a south-pointing compass.... or maybe just as a strategic ellipsis reserve....

To be fair Sultai is really really good right now

This might be my value-boner talking though

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

To be fair Sultai is really really good right now

This might be my value-boner talking though

To be fair Silumgar has a value-boner too have you seen that art?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

forbidden lesbian posted:

I agree that Sidsi tutor will be good. I disagree that it will be good with Elspeth, Brimaz, or Rabblemaster.

Finally, an enabler for Chasm Skulker aggro! :haw:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zoness posted:

To be fair Silumgar has a value-boner too have you seen that art?

Silumgar also understands the value of reusing assets. See his stylish Tasinecklace, for example.

He really is a value man.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

After KTK came out you were vehement that Abzan was the worst clan and Sultai was the best....

Maybe you are useful as a south-pointing compass.... or maybe just as a strategic ellipsis reserve....

Of course, take something I said out of context, when talking about JUST the prerelease and the prerelease promos, and use it to say something about standard which has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Typical.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

forbidden lesbian posted:

I'm just pointing out how many standard cards are more than one creature, so it's not necessarily trading a card in play to tutor another one.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, this is utter bullshit. I'm right about some things and I'm wrong about others, just like everyone else in this thread.

The actual problem is that you place intense personal pride in the fidelity of your mtg thread posting, which means that we can't commend you for being right, or that'd be condescension, and when we point out that you're wrong, it's a loving conspiracy out to get you.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Tasigur being Silumgar's necklace is the greatest thing ever and I want to see the art guidelines for that card.

Agreeing with all the Rebound excitement. Such a great mechanic. As long as they don't reprint Distortion Strike for Heroic. Staggershock reprint would be great.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really hope they just print a run of new Rebound cards without reprints since the mechanic was frankly under represented given how sweet it is.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
All the posts piling on mcmagic are way more annoying than anything mcmagic posts.

Can we just talk about our Wizard Poker cards?

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Tasigur being Silumgar's necklace is the greatest thing ever and I want to see the art guidelines for that card.

Agreeing with all the Rebound excitement. Such a great mechanic. As long as they don't reprint Distortion Strike for Heroic. Staggershock reprint would be great.
Oh man I didn't even think about the Heroic deck. If there's any kind of one-mana creature buff with rebound, the Heroic deck is all over that.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'm just pointing out how many standard cards are more than one creature, so it's not necessarily trading a card in play to tutor another one.
Most of those cards aren't likely to be played with new Sidisi though. Token decks are generally aggressive and I don't think they'd appreciate the stalling body or the tutor too much. The main interactions that could be relevant are Wayfinder and old Sidisi (although that seems a bit Christmas-land to me).

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LordSaturn posted:

The actual problem is that you place intense personal pride in the fidelity of your mtg thread posting, which means that we can't commend you for being right, or that'd be condescension, and when we point out that you're wrong, it's a loving conspiracy out to get you.

LOL if that is what you need to tell yourself to justify being an rear end in a top hat than fine.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Ghostfire has to be in this set, right?

Spiderdrake posted:

I really hope they just print a run of new Rebound cards without reprints since the mechanic was frankly under represented given how sweet it is.

That'd be cool too, but I have to figure there will be at least one. Maybe not, though.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Yeah, if only there were any good Token Generators in Standard right now. But there aren't.

A shame, you have to sacrifice creature spells you cast since clearly there are no ways to make tokens.

Yeah the tools are there. That means little when it comes to being actually good, which is always relative to the metagame anyway.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
I think mcmagic makes some good points.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Starving Autist posted:

Yeah the tools are there. That means little when it comes to being actually good, which is always relative to the metagame anyway.

The only one of those that makes sense with the new Sidisi is Pharika and that deck has declined in popularity because Ugin just trumps it.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

mcmagic posted:

LOL if that is what you need to tell yourself to justify being an rear end in a top hat than fine.

You're wrong about New Sidisi being bad. She is, at worst, okay, probably a little better than Vess. How do you choose to respond to me telling you this?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LordSaturn posted:

You're wrong about New Sidisi being bad. She is, at worst, okay, probably a little better than Vess. How do you choose to respond to me telling you this?

We'll see. As of now it's just your opinion vs mine.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Entropic posted:

All the posts piling on mcmagic are way more annoying than anything mcmagic posts.

Plus it's the worst of the worst white noise people doing it.

Excited to see rebound back. Too bad we won't see stagger shock :(.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

Plus it's the worst of the worst white noise people doing it.

Excited to see rebound back. Too bad we won't see stagger shock :(.

Why wouldn't we see Staggershock? It seems perfectly reasonable in a format where it's 4+ toughness butts all the way down

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I look forward to saccing a Satyr Wayfinder to NewSidisi every time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Balon posted:

I look forward to saccing a Satyr Wayfinder to NewSidisi every time.

Magical Christmasland.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why wouldn't we see Staggershock? It seems perfectly reasonable in a format where it's 4+ toughness butts all the way down

Isn't jeskai just Uw now?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Because morphs make it too good for common.. And Staggershock at uncommon or rare isn't fun.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Snacksmaniac posted:

Isn't jeskai just Uw now?

Yeah.

Looking at the old rebound cards almost all the white/blue cards make sense for reprint barring the one that makes kor tokens, mostly because they are pretty generic white/blue mechanics.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 2, 2015

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's the Blue-White clan's mechanic in this set, which means any red Rebound reprints are probably off the table.

Emerge Unscathed or Distortion Strike would both be really good for the Heroic deck.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Magical Christmasland.

Satyr Wayfinder, Sidisi token, mana elf, take your pick

Devor posted:

Because morphs make it too good for common.. And Staggershock at uncommon or rare isn't fun.

Isn't good removal at uncommon or higher more or less the standard they're going with now anyways?

E:

Entropic posted:

It's the Blue-White clan's mechanic in this set, which means any red Rebound reprints are probably off the table.

I did not know this but it certainly kills it, :rip: Staggershock dreams. Maybe they'll print a 5 mana white rebound wrath then

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 2, 2015

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Whipping back a Sidisi and saccing it to itself seems like a cute play

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Has anyone got any good tips for mono-red right now? I was thinking of running the aggro-controlly version with Rabblemasters and insane amounts of burn this week.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The way Exploit is worded is kinda weird to me?

Instead of using "if" they used "when", so It kinda makes me think there will be way to get multiple exploit triggers?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Has anyone got any good tips for mono-red right now? I was thinking of running the aggro-controlly version with Rabblemasters and insane amounts of burn this week.

I'm currently running a mono red aggro and let me tell you, hordeling outburst with a couple of foundry street denizens on board is quite the gently caress you

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Devor posted:

I'll be honest I didn't even like staggershock that much in RoE. Sometimes it could 2-for-1 and it was good in char-to-the-face mode but realistically a lot of things outside a leveler deck didn't die to 2 damage. It was really good against the bad u/x levelers drafters but the good ones knew how to play eel umbra and it often lost the game in that mode. Like, realistically, I was a die-hard grixis drafter in ROEx3 and I would easily take flame slash and heat ray higher.

Maybe it was much better in the R/G lust for wauras deck but even then I think heat ray and flame slash are very hard to skip in favor of staggershock.

In a format with morphs though, you're probably right, it would actually be really strong and be able to prevent more morphs from being played while rebound was up and such.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 2, 2015

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm on Team Sidisi, probably not playing 4 though

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

AceClown posted:

I'm currently running a mono red aggro and let me tell you, hordeling outburst with a couple of foundry street denizens on board is quite the gently caress you

This but mardu ascendancy on board.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mcmagic posted:

Magical Christmasland.

I think this phrase is being reduced to "having two cards at the same time" regardless of what those two cards are. What, is there a pressing need to chump something with wayfinder in 100% of games, or mandated swinging into a blocker, or will opponents burn removal on it? It's a 1/1 that's already produced most of its value by then.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mcmagic posted:

Magical Christmasland.

Yup, in a number of decks early chump blocking to gain 3 life is part of what makes Satyr Wayfinder so valuable.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Zoness posted:

Yeah.

Looking at the old rebound cards almost all the white/blue cards make sense for reprint barring the one that makes kor tokens, mostly because they are pretty generic white/blue mechanics.

I hope Survival Cache comes back because that card is cool. I think it's unlikely, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Gonna laugh if 2 weeks from now, the best dragon is still Stormbreath Dragon

• Locked thread