Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Category 1: The common Dragon (NOTE: This got bumped up to uncommon during Development.)

Wizards is trolling itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Elyv posted:

but where will they find a planeswalker stupid/crazy enough to follow nicol bolas and release the eldrazi, then?

Hush hush, temporal causality is unaffected outside Tarkir because ??????

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Sidisi owns bones. Straight up beats Siege Rhino and Tasigur in combat. Still costs an un-delveable 5 so if you can't reliably trigger his exploit then he might not see Standard play but if you can he's a sweet control card.

Silumgar looks hilarious in UB control and the mirror is gonna be great fun. "Steal your Ugin." "Steal your Silumgar, sac to legend rule and get my Ugin back."

If you steal an Ugin on less than 6 loyalty, then I feel like the correct play is -X for all his loyalty, because your opponent probably has answers to your Silumgar. He's just so vulnerable to removal that "Steal your Ugin, +2" seems like you're just helping your opponent ult in a U/B control deck. Maybe when you're stealing the Ugin as payoff card from a Green rampy deck.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Angry Grimace posted:

Sidisi. More evil.

Tell me if I'm out of line here but 4/6 Deathtouch w/ optional Diabolic Intent for 5 is a really good card.

So is Silumgar the Eviler Sower of Temptation.

And Rebound is fan-loving-tastic in every way and I'm glad to see it back.

God I love spoiler season. :allears:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I thought WotC said something along the lines of what happens on Tarkir doesn't affect the rest of the Multiverse?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

It's actually pretty straightforward, no one from Tarkir got a spark from Ugin going down until now except for Sarkhan and he's the one who traveled through time so for some reason he hasn't changed.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Tell me if I'm out of line here but 4/6 Deathtouch w/ optional Diabolic Intent for 5 is a really good card.

I think it's really strong in standard.

So is Silumgar the Eviler Sower of Temptation.

Silumgar, the Sower of Eat This Removal Spell and Accomplish Nothing on the Board

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Megamoprh sounds like the laziest mechanic both in name and in play - but I predict it will play fine. Moprh is awesome, megamorph I'm sure will also be great and give you some flexibility between "creature now" and "better creature later". Like almost every mechianic, it's just a re-skinned version of kicker. I predict we'll also see a few megamorphers that grant additional abilities when turned face up (even though morph already does that). It reminds me of unleash, sounds boring on paper but in game it played pretty well.

Rebound is awesome, I don't think they could have picked a better new jeskai mechanic.

Remeber devour? No...well its basically exploit. I hope we get a few exploit creatures with flash.

Bolster is fine, dash is fine. Formidable will be cool to break up some board stalls I bet.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Rinkles posted:

Because I can play Sidisi, Sidisi, Silumgar, and Silumgar in the same deck and have 4 different cards with different effects.

Sidisi has amazing synergy with Sidisi, even. Zombie tokens are worth flinging to Diabolic Intent!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

Refer back to my previous statement of:

I really want to start building up to the U/B control shell and it is exclusively Dragonlord Silumgar's fault, that card is awesome.

New Sidisi owns bones because she's a 4/6 with deathtouch, and a tutor slapped on her, it's great.

I don't think Sidisi is good at all. You're not even up a card and a 5 mana 4/6 is very meh.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The Nastier Nate posted:

Remeber devour? No...well its basically exploit. I hope we get a few exploit creatures with flash.

devour is not exploit because you could devour multiple creatures :goonsay:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
It's spoiler season guys, time to collect your mcmagic quotes.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mcmagic posted:

I don't think Sidisi is good at all. You're not even up a card and a 5 mana 4/6 is very meh.

I think you're underestimating the power of a generic tutor on a creature that wins fights with Siege Rhino and Tasigur.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I thought this too initially, then I remembered it was most likely going to get played with Satyr Wayfinder and OG Sidisi -- both being cards that leave behind a dork you've love to turn into a real card that can be literally anything in your deck.

E: ^ Also that, it's a 4/6 deathtoucher, and that wins combat or trades with nearly everything relevant in this standard ^

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

poo poo, right, I'm going to keep a bank of this stuff.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I want so badly to sac a Sultai Emissary to Zombie Sidisi in limited.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

You can also use zomboSidisi as an over costed Diabolical Tutor, since you can sack it to itself.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheKingofSprings posted:

I thought this too initially, then I remembered it was most likely going to get played with Satyr Wayfinder and OG Sidisi -- both being cards that leave behind a dork you've love to turn into a real card.

E: ^ Also that ^

Liliana Vess is the same thing, you can do it again the next turn and you're not down a creature...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

You can also use zomboSidisi as an over costed Diabolical Tutor, since you can sack it to itself.

Or play it as literal Diabolic Tutor and whip it back from the grave

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zoness posted:

I've already started the folder. Of images and also a .txt file.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

new Sidisi straight up wins combat with nearly every standard staple right now, and still trades if she is bile blighted or stoked.

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

Elyv posted:

By the way, I don't know how many of you read the preview articles, but Gottlieb's had an interesting section:

This more or less confirms at least 26 dragons. For comparison, the set Theros had 20 enchantment creatures. KTK had 45 humans.

That's a lot of dragons.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

TheKingofSprings posted:

Silumgar, the Sower of Eat This Removal Spell and Accomplish Nothing on the Board

I'm not crazy about him, but 1) he's too fat to 1-for-1 burn spell that is getting regularly played, and 2) if they don't have the instant removal untapped that same turn, he can do rude poo poo like eat their planeswalker ult.

Also if you're playing him in a circumstance where you don't care about the cost, i.e. Legacy Reanimator or desperate sideboard tech against Show and Tell, then he seems mainly better than sower.

I like the mechanics for this set, I can imagine insane baller cards for all of them. Looking forward to the rest!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Liliana Vess is the same thing, you can do it again the next turn and you're not down a creature...

You know that's vampiric tutor and not diabolic intent right

And that Sidisi leaves behind a 4/6 body right

And that you can sac your spent dorks that are no longer useful right

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Yeah, it's 3BB for either a 4/6 deathtouch, or a Demonic Tutor, or both if you sac something else. Limited bomb for sure, but we'll have to see if it's constructed worthy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Zoness posted:

Count Bleck posted:

I've already started the folder. Of images and also a .txt file.

No one is ever wrong about newly spoiled cards so lets all be assholes the only person who is ever wrong and never right about anything. Par for the course.

A big flaming stink posted:

new Sidisi straight up wins combat with nearly every standard staple right now, and still trades if she is bile blighted or stoked.

There are other 5 mana cards that win battles with Siege Rhino and Tasigur and see zero play.... That isn't enough to make her good.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Silumgar is cool but the fact that he's completely wiped out by any spot-removal kindof hurts his standard chances. Still probably good as a sideboard against stompy green decks that have large targets and no good way to deal with him.

New Sidisi could fit into Sidisi whip maybe, but it seems a little slow to hardcast and not quite high enough impact to reanimate. 5 mana creatures in standard usually have to be bombs in their own right rather than just enablers, but maybe the stall combined with being able to fetch up combo pieces could make it work.

Rinkles posted:

Doesn't it have to be on the field to be exploiting a creature?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

LordSaturn posted:

I'm not crazy about him, but 1) he's too fat to 1-for-1 burn spell that is getting regularly played, and 2) if they don't have the instant removal untapped that same turn, he can do rude poo poo like eat their planeswalker ult.

Also if you're playing him in a circumstance where you don't care about the cost, i.e. Legacy Reanimator or desperate sideboard tech against Show and Tell, then he seems mainly better than sower.

I like the mechanics for this set, I can imagine insane baller cards for all of them. Looking forward to the rest!

Stealing someone's Emrackles sounds hilarious actually.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think siege rhino is very good it's just a leatherback baloth with trample that casts blood tithe that enters the battlefield.

mcmagic posted:

No one is ever wrong about newly spoiled cards so lets all be assholes the only person who is ever wrong and never right about anything. Par for the course.

There's a difference between LSV being wrong about a card and Medina being wrong about a card, and you're the latter.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Entropic posted:

Yeah, it's 3BB for either a 4/6 deathtouch, or a Demonic Tutor, or both if you sac something else. Limited bomb for sure, but we'll have to see if it's constructed worthy.

Yeah, if only there were any good Token Generators in Standard right now. But there aren't.

A shame, you have to sacrifice creature spells you cast since clearly there are no ways to make tokens.

mcmagic posted:

There are other 5 mana cards that win battles with Siege Rhino and Tasigur and see zero play.... That isn't enough to make her good.

They aren't also diabolic intents on legs.

Cards do more than one thing at a time sometimes. Please be aware of this. You noticed Sidisi is a tutor. You also noticed Sidisi wins those fights. Please put these together next time you post, if your brain can manage to consider more than one factoid at a time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheKingofSprings posted:

I thought this too initially, then I remembered it was most likely going to get played with Satyr Wayfinder and OG Sidisi -- both being cards that leave behind a dork you've love to turn into a real card that can be literally anything in your deck.

E: ^ Also that, it's a 4/6 deathtoucher, and that wins combat or trades with nearly everything relevant in this standard ^

Yea this is my gameplan, she's pretty solid on her own but I'm gonna be using her with poo poo like the wayfinder where it's like 'ok you did your job, now get out of here and get me a real thing I can use'.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

mcmagic posted:

It less that and more that your predictions tend to be wrong on such a precise and accurate level that we can use your comments as a benchmark for predicting the opposite for the approaching standard. You're like a reverse oracle of trickiness or whatever.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Everyone else has been wrong about spoiled cards and I can recite some of my dumbest predictions from memory but you're the guy who argues incoherent nonsense at other people's predictions for page after page. You argued for pages that Sorin was unplayable right before it won a PT.

You don't wanna get dogpiled? Don't spam your opinions like they're fact. State your case and just be done with it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Diabolic Intenting Elspeth tokens seems a bit win more.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

Ok, sultai decks play cards like satyr wayfinder, that you will never mind saccing to this. It is a 4/6 deathtouch creature, so it flat out beats almost all relavent creatures in combat in standard. It also has a tutor stapled to it, and it is a card dying to be slapped into a whip deck, or sultai control. This is standard playable vs. Abzan, Green devotion and RG monsters. Sultai control and the Sultai/Abzan whip decks will love this dude. poo poo UB control might even play it. Not super likely but it could happen.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ramos posted:

It less that and more that your predictions tend to be wrong on such a precise and accurate level that we can use your comments as a benchmark for predicting the opposite for the approaching standard. You're like a reverse oracle of trickiness or whatever.

Yeah, this is utter bullshit. I'm right about some things and I'm wrong about others, just like everyone else in this thread.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

Everyone else has been wrong about spoiled cards and I can recite some of my dumbest predictions from memory but you're the guy who argues incoherent nonsense at other people's predictions for page after page. You argued for pages that Sorin was unplayable right before it won a PT.

You don't wanna get dogpiled? Don't spam your opinions like they're fact. State your case and just be done with it.

Yes this is exactly it, it's not relevant who's right or wrong, but what's important is the thought process behind each evaluation.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rinkles posted:

Diabolic Intenting Elspeth tokens seems a bit win more.

I mean sometimes you get to live the dream, and get nothing but absolute value out of your stuff.

Sometimes, you're just the best.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Yeah, if only there were any good Token Generators in Standard right now. But there aren't.

A shame, you have to sacrifice creature spells you cast since clearly there are no ways to make tokens.

They aren't also diabolic intents on legs.

Cards do more than one thing at a time sometimes. Please be aware of this. You noticed Sidisi is a tutor. You also noticed Sidisi wins those fights. Please put these together next time you post, if your brain can manage to consider more than one factoid at a time.

Yup, it's definitely Spoiler Condescending Dickery Season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, this is utter bullshit. I'm right about some things and I'm wrong about others, just like everyone else in this thread.

After KTK came out you were vehement that Abzan was the worst clan and Sultai was the best....

Maybe you are useful as a south-pointing compass.... or maybe just as a strategic ellipsis reserve....

• Locked thread