Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Opened the SCG Stream expecting a full day of mono-red mirror matches, pleasantly surprised to see Sultai Delve vs. Abzan Midrange! I hope this Standard season has some variety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Chorocojo posted:

sex scene between the Cabal Patriarch and Phage

What

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

So hang on to my Russian foil Dig Through Time, or move it ASAP?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I thought Ob Nixilis didn't have his spark anymore and couldn't transform out of his demon form, let alone planeswalk? The Commander one could be an incarnation from the past, much like Teferi (who is still missing and spark-less as far as I know).

All of the planes walkers will be retro as far as the timeline is concerned. I was hoping for Tevesh Szat, but Ob is cool too.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

LordSaturn posted:

I would absolutely love to describe him, to his face, as "a guy that's been drawing lumpy stuff on magic cards longer than anybody." Of course, I actually like the lumps in a lot of cases - they add texture and character to stuff like Urza's Power Plant or Primal Beyond.

I wonder if he knows how to draw Lumpy Space Princess...

That's Mark Tedin, not Poole. Mark Tedin's art owns.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Where are the previews? I'm dying over here.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Jabor posted:

AFAIK Wizards provides two packs per player which must go into the prize pool, but how that prize pool is actually distributed is up to the store. Some stores pay out a very flat prize structure (pack-per-win isn't unusual, and the local store here even runs "casual" flights were you get the same number of "prize" boosters at the end not matter what your record is), while others pay out something a little more top-heavy.

My store (I'm the owner) got 100 prerelease packs allocated but only 5 boxes which ended up being 1.8 per person. Pretty frustrating but I put up a bunch of door prizes and everyone got at least one booster for playing.

But yeah it felt a bit rough giving the 5-0 guy only 4 packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I don't recall seeing mention of this, but foil versions of the Siege cards have this cool holographic watermark that switches between the KTK and DTK set symbol. Pretty rad!

• Locked thread