Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainAmazingPants
Jul 14, 2002

I'm just waiting for someone to respond "WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF FUCKING IDIOT"

Lurchington posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/shotgunlotus/

shotgun lotus VRD draft of champions I'M SO EXCITED

Thanks for posting about this. I was going to get stuff done, and then this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainAmazingPants
Jul 14, 2002

I'm just waiting for someone to respond "WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF FUCKING IDIOT"
Traded in cards for a box of khans today after a so so draft for FNM.

Draft: Went Abzan because thats where I thought the signals were. I opened a Towering Meandershell, a Hardened Scales, and then an Avalanche Tusker. I passed off every rare, even tabling the hardened scales and then taking it after getting passed double feat of resistance and several outlast creatures. Turned out the girl I played in the first round & who was sitting to my right had opened a Siege Rhino, forced Abzan, and then took all the wrong cards. I 2-0'd her with my warrior synergy, +1/+1 counter distribution, and deathtouch 1/1s. Went 2-2 the rest of the night. The guy I was playing in the last round got paired down, we played and I won, then told him to take the win since I was 1-2 at that point and probably out of prizes and we could split whatever he got. He gets two packs. He opens Windswept Heath and celebrates, I open Master of the Pearls.

Box: Get home and open my box, besides the 1 Polluted Delta, I'm fairly confident the most valuable card I got was the Buy a Box promo. Knowing how much value was in the set, the cards I had traded for a box, and what I was opening I ended up feeling pretty sick to my stomach by the end of the box.

Mythics:
Ugin's Nexus x 2
Ashcloud Pheonix
Narset, Enlightened Master
Hooded Hydra
Rares:
Rattleclaw Mystic
Bloodsoaked Champion x 2
Mantis Rider
Savage Knuckleblade x 2
Dig Through Time
Polluted Delta

Checking on card kingdom I could buy the rest of the rares I opened for .50-$1. loving awful night of wizard poker. [/rant]

CaptainAmazingPants
Jul 14, 2002

Jabor posted:

Remember everyone, don't open packs for value.

I know. And I understood it was a gamble going into it. That doesn't mean I can't feel salty about double Ugin's Nexus. Between the pre-releases and the box that gives me 3 Ugin's Nexuses. The only thing I could really do with them is just hold on to them for like 10 years and maybe an artifact stranglehold at mythic rare will be worth $s to the EDH kids.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Found that Zendikar fetches are still pretty valuable. Surprised since I thought the Onslaught of Tarkir ones were just as good in most decks. Maybe time to move them in case of a reprint in Louie?

I traded a Verdant for a couple of the Khans fetchlands at a pre-release and felt pretty ok about it. Polluted delta and flooded strand for my verdant catacombs? seemed ok. Since then the Zendi fetches have been falling fast. Misty is on TCG right now for $35. Seems like the prices are falling fast. If you have a stockpile of them it's either hold on to them to see if they go back up after Khans has been out a while and things stabalize or SELL SELL SELL.

CaptainAmazingPants
Jul 14, 2002

Was looking at the latest spoilers... Am I insane or is Flamewake Phoenix loving awesome?

• Locked thread