Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Euro Truck Simulator has you take on the role as driver and manager of a European truck company. Grow your fleet, and do jobs delivering goods all over central Europe. ETS2 is a very relaxed game with no antagonistic elements, just jobs to do and the hum of the road.

I didn't see any prior LP threads here, so I thought i'd dive in as I like producing easy going vids for 'in the background' viewing/listening.

MODS

I'm using the TSM map which is much bigger than the default map. I am also using realistic trailers, additional ai car models and some cool realistic rain mod. Spot the brands euro goons!

:siren:EPISODES::siren:

The opener! We went longer than expected;the first episode is the length of a feature film. Put it on and see Awful Ltd. our truck company take on the first thee jobs. It goes exactly as expected! Classic FM will mellow you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hEf7BDKLpc

URGENT FAGE YOGHURT DELIVERY, apple arguments, dumb, inane crap.

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Sweet. This is a Good Game. Ya'll should play this game if you want to relax and chill out and have a good time. It was also a good excuse to look up weird-rear end webradio stations I used to listen to like a decade ago, because they all goddamn well still exist, somehow.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Is it my imagination or does the Volvo logo on the steering wheel rotate on its own schedule?

Reaper2122
Nov 28, 2013
A fantastic game when you have nothing to do and want a game that reflects your attitude towards the corporate game market of today. Also who doesn't want to ride a big truck.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Every time you refuse to deliver Peas, I die a bit inside. Deliver the peas, Simo.

I like your co-presenter!

And since this is an EOTV presentation, I feel compelled to make a wrestling crowd sign.

... Because how hay is made into bales is, you come along and cut the grass first, ted it with another machine, let it sit for awhile, then drive along in a baler that vaccums up the hay and rolls it mechanically into the huge round bales you see in the field (or into handy square bales, which usually get picked up quickly after), and spits the bale out the back, all tied up nicely. The spacing is determinate on how much grass and what density of it grew in the area, how dense you've selected to have the bale rolled, and somewhat on how much it was teded. they're left in the field often because it's a darn good place to keep them if you don't have storage back at the barn and don't mind too much about spoilage. Someone comes by with a forked front loader to pick them up when they're needed.

edit:

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 28, 2014

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Thanks for putting that to bed! Totally saving those signs for WR:3D ;)

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

So it's true what they say about the English not knowing anything about the languages or the topography of the continent.

Geneva in South-France? Come on. :geno:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Carbon dioxide posted:

So it's true what they say about the English not knowing anything about the languages or the topography of the continent.

Geneva in South-France? Come on. :geno:

The devs are Czech, for what it's worth.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Simo's also using an unofficial map mod.

This game owns, by the way. :getin: Driving across Europe while listening to the best worst 80s hits on Hot Mix Radio is so much fun, except of course when enemy cars are being assholes.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

OH NO MAN posted:

Simo's also using an unofficial map mod.

This game owns, by the way. :getin: Driving across Europe while listening to the best worst 80s hits on Hot Mix Radio is so much fun, except of course when enemy cars are being assholes.

If this game's radio has taught me anything, it's that English speaking folks have a monopoly on popular music.

"Time to listen to French music as I drive through - this is the same music I listened to in the UK"

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Ahh, just like when I used to drive a truck for a living, listening to a radio station, and then getting home after work, firing up ETS and listening to the same radio station through the in-game player.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

And they know where Geneva is (CH: Switzerland). That was a dig at Simo.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJrKe2g3ZYg

For those who want more ETS2 action.

Am I on the right side of the road?
The best LP.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Hot Mix Radio is the best thing ever. I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Also this is an amazing game to relax to. OatmealRaisin streamed this pretty regularly in the past and oh man :allears: Ranged from super chill to NINE-WHEELING THIS TURN.

Love this idea! Watched about 20m of the video and it flew by magically. Definitely gonna be following along!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My favorite part of this video:

Ms. P: And we're far less angry playing this game than we are on the road in general, in real life.
Simo: Yes--it's nice.

[approximately eight seconds later]

Simo: Right, for gently caress's sake, get out of the loving way.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Tried filming Ep 2 last night but experienced some crashing, I THINK......it was due to Graphics drivers [goddamn AMD!]. I've updated and done a playtesst and all appears fine, so fingers crossed. Which is strange as for 1hr30 we had no crashes.

The good news is we now have 1200 trailers and cargo in the game, so for those brand-spotters keep your eyes peeled!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The game's on sale at Steam for 66% off (US$8.49), through Friday evening PST.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Just finished watching the first mission. That loving supermarket loading dock :psyduck:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Hirayuki posted:

Simo: Right, for gently caress's sake, get out of the loving way.

It also looked exactly like my car, and I was very sad when you hit it. Was it a Mazda or a Hyundai?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Needs a Pinto mod.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Euro Truck Simulatior 2 Pinto Edition

The Enemy Cars strike back.

Edit: also jesus you make parking look so easy

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 3, 2014

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0u901hq8_8

Making our way to Carlisle with a truck full of Car Parts, the cursed hay bales, the enemy cars and tired eyes show no mercy in this enduring journey! Featuring Hot Mix Radio

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 7, 2014

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

So much for that editing and quick saving.

Your poor truck!

Edit: also, it's worth putting high beams on so you can see poo poo at night.
Double Also, you jerk, you bought the truck back with only half a tank! Would it have killed you to fill the tank up?

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Oct 7, 2014

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Awful ltd loves upto their name!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Double post - awful app throwing me network errors. Whoops!

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 7, 2014

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
This is great, thanks.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
No antagonistic elements? How about the dickbag cars who JUST WON'T loving MOVE THROUGH THE EVERFUCKING INTERSECTION CHRIST! :rant:

(Scania supremacy)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Eifert Posting posted:

No antagonistic elements? How about the dickbag cars who JUST WON'T loving MOVE THROUGH THE EVERFUCKING INTERSECTION CHRIST! :rant:

(Scania supremacy)

Or the Kamikaze attack car they had that tried to torpedo them.
If a vehicle stops at all in this, I have long since learnt that means I am free to go.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

When I need to simmer down after work, I like to play this game while drinking some beers. Turns out it's also a Drunk Driving Simulator. Lots of games, I can play competently with a buzz; but I'm a reckless, deadly force on the roads of this game after just a few.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love how quickly you go from reasonable to rear end in a top hat playing this. One minute in you're using signals, merging responsibly and conscientiously using your lights. 4 hours in you're cackling maniacally because you've installed 30 high beams and flashing them directly into the retinas of oncoming traffic with maestro level timing.

I lean on my (8) horn(s) every time I drive through a residential zone. They had it coming as potential car drivers.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Ps how are the radio levels? Someone commented that they have trouble hearing miss p sometimes. I'll crank it down a notch otherwise :)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You need dynamic levels so we can hear you when you talk and the radio when you're quiet. All pro-like.

Get on it, boyo.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
An excellent sitting-with-a-dude-in-the-front-seat-of-his-cab simulator.

What's money even for, if your truck is owned by the company? You can't very well upgrade it, can you?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Glazius posted:

An excellent sitting-with-a-dude-in-the-front-seat-of-his-cab simulator.

What's money even for, if your truck is owned by the company? You can't very well upgrade it, can you?

You buy your own eventually.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:

Eifert Posting posted:

You buy your own eventually.

You can also hire other drivers to work for you and slowly build up a truck empire, then proceed to use all the profits to repair your truck from driving drunk all the time.

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
When I first saw this LP, I was wondering what could possibly be so good about a simulation game in which you are a truck driver. Now that I've watched it, I can definitely see the appeal - there's something oddly compelling about this that I can't put my finger on. I suppose it might be the rather relaxed nature of it (at least when enemy cars aren't out for your virtual blood). :v:

simosimo posted:

Ps how are the radio levels? Someone commented that they have trouble hearing miss p sometimes. I'll crank it down a notch otherwise :)

I might just be deaf, but I'm having trouble hearing both her and the radio - the audio for both seems very quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
Super excited about this LP. I need to get my computer up and running so I can play this game.

• Locked thread