Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Taear posted:

Are we even talking about Hyrule Warriors here?

On the Grand Travels DLC map, some squares have a flag for Linebeck's Trading Post, and on those you can use the Search option to trade your compass/frog tablets/Golden Train /etc for Delicious-level Fairy Food. Then the flag disappears for a while, and every so often there's a 'sale' and you can get twice as much food from each trade.

And as far as I can tell, each item gets you a specific food in return, so between those and the Song Stones it might be possible to farm high level food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

YggiDee posted:

On the Grand Travels DLC map, some squares have a flag for Linebeck's Trading Post, and on those you can use the Search option to trade your compass/frog tablets/Golden Train /etc for Delicious-level Fairy Food. Then the flag disappears for a while, and every so often there's a 'sale' and you can get twice as much food from each trade.

And as far as I can tell, each item gets you a specific food in return, so between those and the Song Stones it might be possible to farm high level food.

I had no idea that the DS version of the game was so completely different.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Honestly, even just the ability to switch characters during the map makes it a whole new game.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

YggiDee posted:

Has anyone else been paying attention to the Linebeck swap thing? I assumed it was random but now I'm pretty sure each item gives you a specific food back.

Also, is it worth it trying to manage multiple faries, or should I just pick the one with the best clothing options and focus on her?

It's probably worth having at least one fairy of each element, and there's a few useful or at least situational skills that you can't all get on one fairy- wall of water, the keep repair skills, infinite magic/special probably being the standouts.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When a Fairy hits level 99, you can refresh/prestige her and change one of her personality traits. So you can get every skill on a single fairy, you're just going to take a very, very long time. This is why I'm considering consolidating my Fairy. As long as it kills the mooks, I'm not concerned with how much damage she does, and the only element effect I'm particularly interested in is the defense down effect. So for me a Fairy's base element is mostly important in what she can wear. The most recent Streetpass Fairy, Becka, is also available in the Grand Travels map if you lose her, and has unique wings/hair/dialogue. Also she starts with the Max-Special-Attack skill, and has very high base stats for a level 1 Fairy.

...So I guess I'm the person who Cares Too Much About Fairies now.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My fairy has Keep Technician because that is a very useful thing when the Allied Keep is getting hammered while you're halfway across the map and have no magic for Fairy Magic.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Whew, 4 characters in Legends at Lv. 200 now (Ganondorf, Zant, Wizzro, and King Daphnes) and the rest are at Lv. 99 or beyond. Link Between Worlds pack, here I come!

In regards to My Fairy stuff, my main fairy is a Lightning Fairy with Elemental Magician on her. It's actually worked out really well for me since Lightning has an advantage over a fair bit of the more annoying/dangerous regular officers.

Also, in regards to the tier list I'm working on, we've finally gotten to (and are about ready to place) the first Legends DLC character: Medli. She's probably going to land into C (mid) tier.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Has this game gotten magically easier since the last time I played it, maybe?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Has this game gotten magically easier since the last time I played it, maybe?

Maybe it is you who've been getting better at the game?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Folt The Bolt posted:

Maybe it is you who've been getting better at the game?

I stopped playing because it got too hard, and Ihave been thinking of going back to it, but I like my baby easy games, like Super Mario Galaxy.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I stopped playing because it got too hard, and Ihave been thinking of going back to it, but I like my baby easy games, like Super Mario Galaxy.

Hm... Are you playing the Wii U or the 3DS game, and where did you stop?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Folt The Bolt posted:

Hm... Are you playing the Wii U or the 3DS game, and where did you stop?

Wii U. I'd done almost all of the first map and a portion of the bad guy map.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Bicyclops posted:

It feels a bit like you've got more breathing room with the damage on the maps.

Otherwise no, don't bother picking it up again. It's still as stupid and frustrating as it was before.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Folt The Bolt posted:

Whew, 4 characters in Legends at Lv. 200 now (Ganondorf, Zant, Wizzro, and King Daphnes) and the rest are at Lv. 99 or beyond. Link Between Worlds pack, here I come!

In regards to My Fairy stuff, my main fairy is a Lightning Fairy with Elemental Magician on her. It's actually worked out really well for me since Lightning has an advantage over a fair bit of the more annoying/dangerous regular officers.

Also, in regards to the tier list I'm working on, we've finally gotten to (and are about ready to place) the first Legends DLC character: Medli. She's probably going to land into C (mid) tier.

I've only got all my characters up to Lvl. 50. I feel so far behind, only Link for me is up to level like 140.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

WilliamAnderson posted:

I've only got all my characters up to Lvl. 50. I feel so far behind, only Link for me is up to level like 140.

Honestly, it's a good thing that the DLC missions in Legends haven't required a level beyond 90-99 for the hardest missions yet, since that level range feels achievable with every character.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
The final DLC pack has been announced, it should come out next week!

ravio uses a hammer, along with other items from his shop.

Yuga uses a paintbrush and seems to be the lightning element.

quote:

Hyrule Warriors Legends (Ver. 1.6.0)
- level cap raised
- new Medals added
- new Fairies added (My Fairy) (you need to unlock them in the Lorule map in Adventure Mode)
- new Rental Skills added
- new Weapon Skills added (including Skills that do more damage the more remaining hearts you have)
- fixed a glitch that would block progression in the “Great Sea” Adventure map
- fixed various bugs

Hyrule Warriors (1.12.0)
- fixed various bugs

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I haven't even gotten all the weapons for Toon Zelda/Toon Link in the last map yet. I think I'm reaching my limit here.

What if they make a new version of this on the Switch? I don't think I can handle going through another Hyrule Warriors game at this rate, even if they do add Groose.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Magypsy posted:

The final DLC pack has been announced, it should come out next week!

ravio uses a hammer, along with other items from his shop.

Yuga uses a paintbrush and seems to be the lightning element.

Ravio uses bombs, the boomerang, and the ice rod, all weapons that could be associated with certain elements (fire, lightning, water), yet it appears that his main weapon is neither of those.

I think the possibility of using either of the elements I've mentioned has actually decreased.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if Ravio is darkness since Link is mostly Light.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if Ravio is darkness since Link is mostly Light.

It's what some of us are speculating on, because some of his attacks (see screenshots on this site) feature purple (including his hammer and tornado), which tends to be associated with darkness.

(And honestly, Ravio being a dark user would be a perfect consolation price for him not being lightning if that's the case because dark really is the best element in this game.)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Look at that acid trip Midna.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think she's styled after the portal cracks. Also I really hope Ravio has a hood down option.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Stop raising the level cap. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lemon-Lime posted:

Stop raising the level cap. :(

I think they are after this

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Yuga looks really wierd in this artstyle.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
It would be rad if Yuga had a move that turned enemies into paintings. Like, murder 20 dudes and they just clatter to the ground in a giant pile of frames. Also hoping for a silly cutscene where Ganondorf and Yuga high five.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

coffeecup posted:

It would be rad if Yuga had a move that turned enemies into paintings. Like, murder 20 dudes and they just clatter to the ground in a giant pile of frames. Also hoping for a silly cutscene where Ganondorf and Yuga high five.

High five? I think you mean PREDATOR HANDSHAKE

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's the Master Quest adventure map that's done it for me, I just don't feel like going through the same map all over again. There's no trouble just hitting the DLC maps right away, right? because otherwise my interest is gonna flag fast.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's the Master Quest adventure map that's done it for me, I just don't feel like going through the same map all over again. There's no trouble just hitting the DLC maps right away, right? because otherwise my interest is gonna flag fast.

There's no trouble hitting the DLC Maps right away, yes, other than your level and weapons might make some missions on those maps harder than they already are if you don't have a decent level and/or weapon.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Someone from another site just pointed out to me that the strike effects on Ravio's Hammer and Special Attack (tornado) are indubitably of the same color as the strike effects from dark-elemental attacks in this game. Since Ravio's main weapon is the aforementioned Hammer, his main element being the Darkness element is almost certain by now.

This would actually be in Ravio's favor, since Darkness is the best element.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Do I need to do all the DLC stories in Legends to play all the Adventure maps? I already played through the entire base campaign and killed Ganon, but it's saying "You have not met the requirements for this battle" or some poo poo on random squares. What's up with that?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Some sections are locked by your progress in Legends Mode, and individual squares can be locked off if you don't have the required character yet. You're probably best off finishing Legends mode and getting it over with.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Some sections are locked by your progress in Legends Mode, and individual squares can be locked off if you don't have the required character yet. You're probably best off finishing Legends mode and getting it over with.

I finished Legends and unlocked all the red squares. I was wondering if the DLC campaigns (Linkle's/Cia's, I forget if there's others) have anything to do with it. I am missing a character or two still though, so that might have something to do with it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's not really DLC though, like it's part of the base game and everything. DLC just gets you more characters and Adventure Maps. Just go play as Cia.

E: Yeah I just figured out that are on the Wii U, where it actually is DLC. Sorry, I don't know how poo poo works there.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 27, 2016

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

No trailer yet?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

tithin posted:

No trailer yet?

Until this very moment? No. But now? Yes.

Also, for those of you interested in the tier list I've been talking about, I've mostly finished placing everyone and everything but Ravio and Yuga. It's not really finished (there's a couple changes I want to do before officially unveiling it + I wanna get Ravio and Yuga added), but I figured I could show everyone interested in stuff like that (all 0 of you who haven't gotten bored of me bringing it up yet) the list as it is now.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

Until this very moment? No. But now? Yes.

Also, for those of you interested in the tier list I've been talking about, I've mostly finished placing everyone and everything but Ravio and Yuga. It's not really finished (there's a couple changes I want to do before officially unveiling it + I wanna get Ravio and Yuga added), but I figured I could show everyone interested in stuff like that (all 0 of you who haven't gotten bored of me bringing it up yet) the list as it is now.

What was the logic behind your rankings again? I've forgotten.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What was the logic behind your rankings again? I've forgotten.

Characters are tested according to how they perform in five categories (not all equally important) in the hands of someone experienced/skilled with them (aka someone who can do advanced combos, know their dodge cancel frames, can do enemy infinites if possible, basically someone who's trained themselves to master the character/weapon).

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wait so that means you've either mastered every character or assembled a crack team of over 40 players. That's quite an endeavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Wait so that means you've either mastered every character or assembled a crack team of over 40 players. That's quite an endeavor.

There used to be a guy on GameFAQs who played everyone equally and was willing to try to find things with even the worst characters for the sake of getting and posting information about how to get better at them for the benefit of people who wanted to use them, way before I decided to try to make the list. He did a lot of testing on all the characters and was able to find many different things about them that many of us probably wouldn't have thought of. a decent part of the combos I've posted here had been discovered by him. As I knew how invaluable such a guy is for projects like this list, I tried and succeeded in getting him on board.

He's a large part of why I was able to place the majority of the characters (as I was able to replicate many of his combos with many different characters down to the letter), and thanks to getting him on board, I was able to get other people, who knew certain characters better than he did, on board as well. His contribution has been invaluable for establishing this list and for the rules I go by when testing out the different categories.

It's unfortunate that he left GameFAQs (and probably the entirety of the Internet) around the time we were debating Tetra, because people kept insinuating that the information he uncovered was fake and suggesting that I was unfairly favoring his opinions or that I was his sockpuppet, and some were just straight out harassing him even before that. The Hyrule Warriors community really lost a valuable member that day, and I lost one of the people who I've really come to respect. :(

• Locked thread