Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've never played a Musou game before, is there a "Hyrule Warriors (Legends) for Idiots" guide out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How do you unlock the "My Fairy" thing, because I found a fairy in the middle of a keep, and made sure not to use it for the rest of the fight, but apparently that's not the right kind of fairy. Or something?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You can get cards by doing the map again, so you can't permanently lock yourself out if anything, but also if you have a map of the original LoZ map it apparently matches pretty closely to where the actual secrets are.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, this is bugging me. Does anyone know where to get monster horns? I want to use Skull Kid and Toon Link but I've no attack badges for either.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Does anyone have some good advice for Agatha or Zant? I'm pretty bad at them and I need to finish an Adventure tile with one or the other if I want to get to Young Link

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is Young Link really fast, or is he just look faster because he's small?
Also fairies completely trash all the rack-up KO's and KO competition levels so far.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I've finally gotten my 45th skulltula, which means I've finally unlocked the Rupee Festival buff. Now I just need a good map to farm rupees on - any suggestions?

Also, aside from the final potion, what buffs unlock at the final Bazaar upgrade? (90 skulltulas, goddamn, I don't know how I'm going to get that far)

I confess I'm not as far as you, but what about one of those 'kill until your time runs out' maps? Like I imagine that killing 3000 anything is probably good for your wallet.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Are there any of those on the first Adventure Map? I've only barely delved into the Great Sea map because I'm still unlocking poo poo in the first one.

There's a bunch in the Great Sea, I don't think there's any in the Adventure Map

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I got an A-rank on damage just fine on both attempts (2500 and 3200). The problem I'm having is speedily killing 1200 units. With what you're saying about the level, I guess my only choice is to either grind EXP or farm more goddamn rupees. What a drag.

That map kicked my rear end until I came back with the level 2 baton.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
What element 'upgrade' your fairy gets depends on what you feed her. I believe mushrooms increase dark attributes, while magic beans boost water.

Also you can change a fairy's personality trait if you level her enough but it takes a long hecking time.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

ZZT the Fifth posted:

What foods are good for raising fire magic?

The 'fire' foods in total are pumpkin soup, stamina fruit, elixir soup, hot spring water, rock sirloin, meat, and ember seeds.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Blaine the Train posted:

So how do you get more foods than just magic beans for the fairies? I think I've seen maybe 2 carrots otherwise and nothing else.

Gold-rank food shows up as treasure on an Adventure map. It'll be in a brown pot somewhere, usually in an enemy keep. Once you've gotten a gold food, regular food of the same type will drop infrequently from enemies.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's cumulative, and kills by fairy bomb don't count.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 6, 2016

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I just checked myself and it turns out I was wrong. Fairy bombs all the way.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's charts here that tell you what element each food has, and the other way to tell is to highlight a food and cycle through your faeries, the one with the 'matching' element should get higher stats from it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

ZZT the Fifth posted:

The Master Sword is a cheap crutch and I haven't been using it for exactly this reason. :colbert: I'm almost done with the Great Sea map and almost all my characters have their level 2 weapons and are at least level 30 because I've been putting in the effort to keep them all trained. Granted, there are a few characters way above that level, but that's bound to happen.

I've was over-relying on the Master Sword and it's sweet, sweet, 300 damage right until I unlocked the gauntlets. The sword is now dead to me.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Her orange bar lets you do an air-dodge thing to continue her air combo? I think?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Marin is now the only character I have a level 3 weapon for.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The big problem with boots Linkle is that there's no way to raise/drop her hood.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I doubt it's Marin, Marin's pretty great.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Folt The Bolt posted:

We have a winner.

How are you sorting all this out, anyway? Like, earlier you mentioned that lightning was a 'better' element than fire but what makes one better than the other? Like are more monsters weak to lightning or does it have a better 'secondary' effect or what?
Are you counting in stuff like how easy or hard it is to use someone? Does the existence of Fairy Magic change anything?

Sorry I just like knowing how all this works.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Holy poo poo the Master Quest map has like eight of the ugh "Guard the Allied Keeps With Your Life" missions. That's probably eight more than I wanted.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Have you managed to get every skill on a single fairy yet? :v:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Has anyone else been paying attention to the Linebeck swap thing? I assumed it was random but now I'm pretty sure each item gives you a specific food back.

Also, is it worth it trying to manage multiple faries, or should I just pick the one with the best clothing options and focus on her?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Taear posted:

Are we even talking about Hyrule Warriors here?

On the Grand Travels DLC map, some squares have a flag for Linebeck's Trading Post, and on those you can use the Search option to trade your compass/frog tablets/Golden Train /etc for Delicious-level Fairy Food. Then the flag disappears for a while, and every so often there's a 'sale' and you can get twice as much food from each trade.

And as far as I can tell, each item gets you a specific food in return, so between those and the Song Stones it might be possible to farm high level food.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When a Fairy hits level 99, you can refresh/prestige her and change one of her personality traits. So you can get every skill on a single fairy, you're just going to take a very, very long time. This is why I'm considering consolidating my Fairy. As long as it kills the mooks, I'm not concerned with how much damage she does, and the only element effect I'm particularly interested in is the defense down effect. So for me a Fairy's base element is mostly important in what she can wear. The most recent Streetpass Fairy, Becka, is also available in the Grand Travels map if you lose her, and has unique wings/hair/dialogue. Also she starts with the Max-Special-Attack skill, and has very high base stats for a level 1 Fairy.

...So I guess I'm the person who Cares Too Much About Fairies now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think she's styled after the portal cracks. Also I really hope Ravio has a hood down option.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Some sections are locked by your progress in Legends Mode, and individual squares can be locked off if you don't have the required character yet. You're probably best off finishing Legends mode and getting it over with.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's not really DLC though, like it's part of the base game and everything. DLC just gets you more characters and Adventure Maps. Just go play as Cia.

E: Yeah I just figured out that are on the Wii U, where it actually is DLC. Sorry, I don't know how poo poo works there.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 27, 2016

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Rand Brittain posted:

It's basically "we stuck a new companion fairy somewhere in this map."

The new companion Fairy is actually added to the original Adventure map instead of the Lorule map. Dark element, and she has a unique hairstyle and wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I suspect the biggest difference between the regular and legends list would be Young Link, it's much harder to keep up his momentum with the lower number of onscreen enemies. Also Legends has more giant bosses and stuff, I think? Is Phantom Ganon in the Wii U game? I find this stuff fascinating.

• Locked thread