Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also why is everything with the ball and chain brutal? Fighting another character like Lana who's text box is "Let's have a fun sparring match :)" and Link hefts a boulder up and loving smashes it over her head, Zelda is talking about bringing light to Hyrule and nope Link just punches a spiked ball into her head with his fist. I can't stop laughing at how over the top it is.

For them, it IS a sparring match.

You kinda get the tone of the whole piece from the intro. Link causes an energy boom as a cadet, and no one gives a damm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdbGOOn9nsI

Huh. Moveset's here, if you care.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 30, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

chumbler posted:

Cia and both of those costumes look cool, particularly because it gives an option to replace Lana's dumb costume with. And I really want to see how they're going to make the horse work. I mean it's not as weird as the great fairy, but still.

More importantly though, where the hell is the Volga trailer?

Given that all three are coming in the same patch...give it a few days?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

You're getting a side campaign along with the characters. Nice.

(Google translate; I don't know Japanese.)

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvXjxVEunm0

Volga Moveset. Despite his Lu Bu-ness, I see a bit of Zhao Yun as well, and I don't just mean the name of his weapon. Is it just me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxCmwopblTE

Wizro the Poe's moveset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69miqF4TM5A

Epona.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 30, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Dastardly posted:

Several of the costumes seems to be recolors for characters like Ghirahim and Agitha.

...A giant arrow? Why?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Mercury Crusader posted:

A giant 8-bit arrow like the one from classic old school video game The Legend of Zelda for the NES Minecraft

I get the 8-bit; but why an ARROW?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

So Link, Impa, Lana, Zelda can switch up each other's weapons.

Using Great Fairy as under the skin would just have them in a bottle. What would using her weapon as skin do?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Immortality would be a good benefit to the 'eternal bodyguard', though.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

I work so much overtime I'm never going to have time to play all this DLC. :negative:

Just means you can stretch it out longer.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

chumbler posted:

From the creator of the true canonical story of Cia:

Kinda want a green costume unlock for Cia now.

The first is...I'm reminded of the Zhou Tai ending in DW5 where he drinks Sun Quan under the table.

The second is asking for a 5th page where Liu Bei or Guan Yu or even Sun Shang Xiang shows up. "WELCOME TO SHU!"

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

I like that it seems most of the internet considers Cia to be a complete laughingstock of a villain.

She's an effective villain. But it's so damm easy to mock her premise-it's a good and effective knock on the more crazy fan-types. The Internet realises this(I would think), and laughs both with it and at it.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

warriors.jpg right there.

Fixed. It's ALWAYS been ridiculous just how ineffective your allies are. They make you want to rant oh so very much.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

chumbler posted:

Her premise being what it is ends up being kind of endearing, at least for me. Though those comics' interpretation of her and her being the underdog certainly helps.

Probably also helps that her counterpart is boring and dumb. It's probably not much of a stretch to say that people generally like Cia more than Lana.

Lana's probably about as crazy, but it's more muted(Being 'the good half' and all) till you get the Summon Gate and she lets her inner fangirl out. Then again, most of her attacks have her giggling.

But then again, a lot of people act...weird. Ruto worries me, for instance. But then I remeber it's a Warriors game, they're all loving god-kings of pain, so of course they're crazy.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

They may not even have intro cutscenes for those.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Let's consolidate:

Target flashes white.

Lizalfos/Dinofos/Fiery: Bow.
Poes: Bow.
Redead/Gibdo: Bow.
Moblin/Shield: Bombs.
Darknut: Unknown
Goron: Unknown
Hylian: Unknown

On looking at it, there's a lot of bow.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 12, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Hero of War/Master of War. Can't use God, Guan Yu might object.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

If it didn't get fixed, they're likely planning something involving it.

Even if it's something as simple as...imagine an "Attack of the fans" map where everyone fights as one character's movesets.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 16, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Volga's lvl 3 is like 4 spaces away from the start. It's strange.

Much like the '2nd quest' which randomised everything.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

I was kinda hoping for a what-if story where Cia actually wins

Hmm. Remember(Although I might be mis-remembering) that the last bit of DLC we know of after the various game-based packs is some sort of 'Evil Campaign' or something. We MIGHT get our wish.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

This is Omega Force. The company that has made roughly 56+ movesets, all of which SOMEONE likes.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I wonder if/when they'll unlock the Dark skin for everyone?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Self-esteem. She's the 'good' half, remember.

Having seen the play out of that campaign, I'm convinced the Lana of the final stage is a fake. Cia's going crazy, she already can split into clones, 'Lana' shows up at the fairy fountain(Fairies are good at illusions/the area is high-magic), and barely talks(Not even acknowledging KO counts).

It's either amusing or sad. In the main campaign, she seems so cool and confident and strong for the most part. Here she's pretty much played like a fiddle. Wizro's a completely destructive loser with bad advice(Pissing off the Great Fairies is the last thing you should do, not to mention it meant she struck WELL before she was ready). Volga's O.K, but note he loses respect for her thanks to her going crazy.(Though thank god he doesn't actually defect). Allying with Zant and Ghirahim was a bad move. If I was gonna place a conditional or two for a hypothetical route in the future, it would be those recruitment missions.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Cicadas! posted:

I can't decide if Proto-Lana is more or less anime than the one they stuck with. Her color scheme is a bit less garish than what we got, at least.

Proto-Lana IS Bao Sainnaing.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

"You need to unlock the power of Evil's Bane before KOs count towards this" requirement the Master Sword has, doubt it's the same skill as Evil's Bane though.

It is and isn't. Evil's Bane sets the Master Sword to base attack of 500. The skill unlocked via this is called 'Legendary'. It sets a weapon to 300 baseline. Stars on a weapon increase the damage further, so the max a normal weapon can get is something like 450 base. Only a weapon of that quality probably has decent skills too-unlike the Master Sword. Still, also consider how long you've had the Master Sword as the primary beatstick of DOOM.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 21, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'm speaking of hearsay. If I were to guess, I imagine 'Legendary' can only spawn on the higher weapons ANYWAY.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

and a minus when there's a party in the Allied Base where every captain is invited (because her run is at the speed of most characters' walks), but when's THAT ever going to happen in a Warriors game?

The correct answer is 'More often than you'd either expect or like'. With the lack of offence from allies and morale often being against you with no way to adjust, enemy pushes can go quite far and further than you'd like. Where you simply think 'Allied base', I also think of any major push down into ally territory, where you have to act somehow to keep it in check.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 22, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

The Triforce on Zelda's Hilda costume is still right-side up. :argh:

Legend Mode used the upside-down Triforce as an 'unholy' symbol similar to an upside-down cross. They're not going to put it on Zelda/Hilda even if it's proper to do so.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I wonder how possible it is to look under the hood of the game and get damage numbers and how much things are affected by skills and the like? Sometimes I wonder about these things.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I hope the thing which the Amiibos do is basically cheating and making things easier so I can beat the hard tiles with swarms of Sheild Moblins, like my friend Link, who is strong, will show up and help me out when the going gets tough.

I'm reminded of Dynasty Warriors 4, which had a hidden Relationship system. You fight alongside people, you build up hidden points. Like or hate, depending on whether you're their ally or enemy. Build up the enemy, they'd show up as random enemy forces if there was room. Build up the like, and if there was room and you got badly, hurt, they'd show up as a max morale ally, following you about.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

That would probably be the most painful mission to date(if it existed) given the rapid attacks and strength of all types of Cuccos, off and on-screen.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

No one knows-no one's bothered to get the numbers. It's an odd thing: The Warriors games don't get hacked up for data much. Even DW8XLComplete doesn't have proper data, as far as I'm aware, and that's on the PC, so in an easy position to hack up for data.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Yes, that's always been a Warriors mechanic. You want the better stuff to drop? Play harder difficulties.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I dunno why, but I'm reminded that so damm many were all 'Oh, this is easy, this looks easy, where's the challenge?'

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Tengames posted:

Heck, ditch the skull kid and just play as the giant, floating spooky mask.

The bolded is what I'm expecting. Two characters means potentially one villain, one hero. And looking at Majora's full boss fight, Majora has more 'personality' as well as more stuff in general to work with.

Of course, he'd also work well as a Giant Boss. So I'm uncertain.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

mabels big day posted:

yeah im gonna play some game teaching me about chinese history. no thanks, professor.

I can't tell if you're joking. But it's VERY fantastical, lots of crazy, lots of weapon styles, you really would probably enjoy it. Even better(?), 8 Complete is on PC if you so choose.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

...The only way this is gonna work is to try and treat it as though they're the AI-give a 'command'(Take this base, engage target') and let the player go to it.

The game's too fast-paced for individual button presses to work.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Oh, you probably will, given your early start-the next set of DLC is in January.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Well, the current max level cap in Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete is 150, with a new difficulty(Ultimate, the old max used to be Chaos with plain 8) to compensate if you so chose. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go so high and a new difficulty setting added later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

Is that what the A-Rank is called in Japan?

Exactly right.

• Locked thread