Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I own a commercial building that has a rather large retaining wall. It's along an alley full of sketchy folks always walking through it. Over time it's built up a bit of tags but nothing interesting. How easy would it be to hire a graffiti artist to put up something awesome? Would I have trouble keeping people from tagging over the top of it? I'm actually located in Wenatchee WA but I figured I'd have to bring someone in from Seattle or thereabouts. :google: isn't helping much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Graffiti "to Graffiti this whole wall legally contact n8r at 555-555-1212" on the wall in a bright visible color.

I'd try asking around in decently-reputable art-related shops in your area, I'd probably start with tattoo shops, maybe continuing with art studios of some sorts. Obviously you shouldn't go asking around in your local Michaels.

You could also try putting up flyers at a local college campus saying to email you pictures of their work or something like that might work too. Of course, there's always craigslist.

Have you checked your local laws to make sure you're allowed to put something like that up? I realize you own the building but sometimes there are regulations to keep the outside of buildings looking a certain way for the sake of atmosphere or other reasons.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Have you tried using a gun? Maybe after the first or second dead graffitier the rest would scurry away.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Bip Roberts posted:

Have you tried using a gun? Maybe after the first or second dead graffitier the rest would scurry away.

That only works in Texas. No other state lets you kill people to protect property

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Brut posted:

Have you checked your local laws to make sure you're allowed to put something like that up? I realize you own the building but sometimes there are regulations to keep the outside of buildings looking a certain way for the sake of atmosphere or other reasons.

It's in an alley not in really any direct view. I'll talk to the city but I'd bet that I can do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Hire that 'Henry' dude that's made murals all over Seattle.

• Locked thread