Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress the new Tweetbot update. it's too large. it completely obscures the top of the phone's display. pos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
dude

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I mean this, this is what the top of my iPhone 6 screen looks like when using Tweetbot. The top of the client and the status bar is cut off.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'll try that, hermanos. Bless you.

Ok, reduced the size to their suggested font and that fixed the obscuring issue. The app still hides the top status bar though which is quite frankly rude as gently caress.

ICHIBAHN fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 2, 2014

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
still having issues with their default size & the non Helvetia font. piece of poo poo. I'll wait for an update.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is there an IFTT recipe for retweeting a certain account automatically? I want to RT a certain account every time they tweet.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rolo posted:

Is there a Duolingo thread yet? Seems like something goons would be into, but it being educational/language/ios/android/game/software I don't know where to look for discussion.

Duolingo is discussed quite frequently in the Spanish and French threads.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
But neither of them work consistently.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I use Swype constantly, it fucks up at least once a day, on various apps, from messages to maps. I'm also on 8.1.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That's one of the issues I alluded too. Sometimes the keyboard disappears entirely and you have to restart the app. Pretty chill.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Edit: one for the iPhone thread.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nerdrum posted:

Any suggestions for a replacement music app? The stock one is really, really horrendous with 80 gigs of music. "Genius" support would be a plus as well.

Hope you get a decent answer for this. Never even occurred to me to use a different music app aside from Music.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
ANY decent music apps out there no?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wait, Jasmine is dead?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

noirstronaut posted:

Was Episodes removed from the App Store? The link on their site results in a "not available" error.

Nope, I just downloaded it [uk].

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Where do you input the codes again?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I must be losing my mind because I can't see Redeem in the App Store or the Apple Store app.

UK btw.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Must be a location thing, not seeing it in the UK, thanks for your effort there though.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Which would they be?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ok, bit the bullet and bought the in app goodies in overcast. Question though, how do you add password protected podcasts? As in, where do you input your log in details?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Fuckin, waste of £3. Sake.

Cheers for the info.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The app sucks, actually. Can't add other media to it, keeps crashing when trying to import from Downcast. How do I go about getting a refund, or can't you get refunds from in app purchases?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Did he mention adding password protected podcasts to the app?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kenny Logins posted:

Not specifically, but based on the context of the conversation I don't think he has any real issue with the idea. He admits that he doesn't tend to do things that he doesn't see sufficient demand for. The iPad version of the app only came as a result of an iOS8 bug forcing his hand. The overall conversation was that he is not inclined to do an Overcast Mac App despite the limitations of the web player.

What's your password protected podcast, anyway? I wouldn't mind tweeting/filing feedback to him as well, it seems like a reasonable if niche feature.

Thanks. It's the wrestling observer members podcast.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thanks very much, you needn't have made the effort. Very much appreciated! I usually listen through downcast, or very occasionally through iTunes. Log in one time, save my info, sorted.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Any stable, reliable apps out there yet? Swype and SwiftKey are dogshit still.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nice callback.

looking for reliable keyboard apps please.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Cheers lads.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
And I'm using it now. Very happy so far. Wish I could make it my default audio player.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ok I've had Ecoute got a couple of days and I must say it's fantastic. Great app. Especially as it was free. Download it now, especially if it's gratis.

Side note, is there any way to change how mp3 files are opened on the iPhone? I'd love to make Ecoute my default music player. Probably one for the jailbreak thread I expect.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Feenix posted:

Ecoute is no longer free but $1.99. Please explain to me what makes it so special. I am curious. I have heard a ton of people saying "It's great!" but I don't recall seeing reasons.
:)

First of all, the design is very nice, the icon and the name are appealing to me. Second of all, it just does everything I want well; you can post what you're listning to to Twitter and Facebook, queue up songs, read song lyrics. Plus it has a nice interface and does everything Music does (plays songs obviously, searches for stuff, plays audiobooks and podcasts).

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also, you can't use password protected podcasts because there's no mechanism for logging in.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What else can it do

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nm

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

slomomofo posted:

A lot but a few things are: save youtube, handle ftp/smb/afp/dropbox/etc, simple text edit (handy for html/etc), play mp3s without having to put them into iTunes, zip and unzip, attach whatever you want to emails... it's pretty much a "& the kitchen sink" file manager with a very solid pdf viewing side as well (does great reflow if your pdfs are ocr'd, for example).

Cool, ta.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hmm, is it the THE THE best weather app though?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Aside from getting the app, how can I get rid of the annoying Carousel ad from the Dropbox app?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Now that Phone Cleaner charges, any good free programs that clean Other space off yer Iphone?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
what's the deal with the Friendly app? it appears to have died. won't load up properly, won't load images, just generally given up. any explanation or other alternative to the horrendous Facebook app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
podcast wise, downcast and overcast own