Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
App recommendation please: I need to draw on photos. Scribbles, arrows, circles etc. That's it, nothing fancy.

e: iPhone app

Peteyfoot fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

Skitch is made exactly for that.

This is perfect. Thanks.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
What's a good iOS image resizing app? I upload IOS screenshots sometimes and they are 2208x1242. :wtc:

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Is there a recommended OCR app? I use Scanner Pro already but unfortunately it crashes every time I try to use the OCR feature (even after a restart, which is the fix offered by their support page).

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Is there a cell data tracking app that sends you a notification when you go over your daily "budget"? I'm currently using DataMan Pro, which is great but doesn't seem to have this feature.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
I've been using Wunderlist as a cross-platform grocery list app between myself and my SO, who's an Android user. She's probably going to switch to iOS with her next phone, and I'd like to replace Wunderlist with an iOS / Mac-centric app since some of Wunderlist's interface stuff is really bad, especially on the desktop side (it takes like three separate clicks to delete each individual item, with no key command at all 😑). Is there a recommended iOS / Mac grocery list-type app that is goon-approved?

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Is there an app that simply measures distance covered for a specified time period?

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

kri kri posted:

Like GPS tracks?

That looks perfect, thank you!

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Crosspostin' from the iPhone thread where I accidentally posted this:

terre packet posted:

Can anyone recommend IAP-free alternatives to RunKeeper?

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Any recommendations for a manga reading app on iPad?

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Panels is nice, and talks to Komga if you use that.

That looks perfect, thank you!

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

101 posted:

I agree Panels is best for your local files.

If you’re comfortable with either trying to grab a TestFlight spot from their Discord, or sideloading the GitHub .ipa through AltStore, Aidoku is the best way to interface with manga reading websites.

That's great to know as well, I appreciate the rec!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Cross-posting from the Mac thread:

Any recommendations for a non-subscription iPad app to make 2D layouts? My primary need is to be able to keep things to scale according to my measurements. Here’s an example of what I want to convert to raster form and have correct scaled dimensions:

e: Mac thread recommended TouchDraw, which has both an iPad and a Mac version! :waycool:

Peteyfoot fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 12, 2024