Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

If you need driving directions you might want to try Waze. It's a driving app that adjusts your route based on traffic and lets users report road hazards and the like. They were bought by Google a while back so you get the same traffic information in their app, but I still like the Waze app better. There's a night mode and if you don't like the extra alerts you can turn them off.

Will Waze notify you via Text-To-Speech about shorter routes? Google Maps does it, but it only seems to show up on the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Is there any app that has permissions to delete iOS photos? I want screenshots to delete themselves after a certain amount of time, since I have an unhealthy obsession with screenshotting terrible Facebook posts to show my friends. I have an IFTTT recipe that puts them all into a separate folder, so I can just go in and delete them all in one go, but it doesn't always work.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

i'd expect it to add another one after i hit enter on the keyboard.

...This is exactly what it does.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

No, you can't always use Siri in the real world.

"Siri, play song 'Disemboweled Engorgement' by artist 'Extermination Dismemberment'"

*gets kicked out of library*

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

DorianGravy posted:

I have two apple IDs. An older one with which I purchased a number of apps, and a newer one. I'd like to just use one with my current email. It seems like I can't merge accounts, but is there a best solution for this? Will I be able to download the older apps with the newer ID without paying again?

In addition to all the great suggestions posted already, it wouldn't hurt to call Apple support and see what they can do. I've never dealt with their phone customer support before but they've always been pretty good to me online. It's probably something that's "impossible" to do but hey, wouldn't hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
I'm thinking I'll need a separate app for this:

Is there a way for me to set my geofenced reminders to never go away? The default Reminders app works great, but I have to dismiss the notification every time (which takes a few clicks if I'm on the home screen), and if I complete it by accident, I have to manually go in and un-complete it (which, in some cases, I've forgotten to do for days at a time). I just don't want the "completed" feature for the location reminders.