Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Skitch is made exactly for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

gently caress 3rd party keyboards, bugs or not Apple's reigns supreme.

The Google keyboard is superior to all keyboards.

e: Actually, the HTC variation of the Google keyboard is superior to all keyboards.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I got the T3HK one

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Sobriquet posted:

My camera selected the second from the top on the left. Thanks for doing this! How does one get these Starbucks codes? Do you have to buy coffee there to get them?

You could in theory just walk in and pocket every card they have on display.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

CoasterMaster posted:

Is there an app that will let me make a playlist using songs that are on my device (synced from iTunes), from Spotify, and from SoundCloud? Basically something like Tomahawk, but for iOS. Google has turned up nothing.

Apple would probably not allow this, but you can sync local files to Spotify and then make a playlist using their library and your obscure tracks.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

CitrusFrog posted:

Are there any media players for IOS that are capable of streaming music and video from a Windows PC/Networked HDD/whatever (like Avia Media Player and others for Android) to my ipod without having to install some sketchy RemoteGateway service?

Plex, probably.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What's the difference between Goodreader and the visually superior Documents by readdle

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I think GET is an ugly word. I'm very aspy about words and the way they look and sound, so I'm surprised Apple just said gently caress it and made it GET.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

I like this one as far as word-sound goes.

But outside of that, I don't know why it couldn't have just said DOWNLOAD like games you already own. There's no downside to getting something for free.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jose Oquendo posted:

DOWNLOAD is reserved for things you've already 'purchased.'

Get is fine and way better than Receive you goddamn sperg.

"Hey man did you get that new weather app?"

"Hey man did you receive that new weather app?"

Makes perfect sense when you look at it like that.

That's what my second sentence addresses.

Also, the language used in the past tense shouldn't be used for a word that is being used to label the potential future. Duh. Receive is just a softer word than "Get". Get is harsh and too striking. Receive has a gentle bend at its end. It also implies that something is being given to you as opposed to something being taken.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Weather apps, bitch.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weather-or-not-reports-forecasts/id933439687?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Sorry, not payin' 3 bone for Weather Underground w/ the "Frosted Glass" look

I'd pay all my bones for Weather Underground with a frosted glass look.

But it's the Calendar integrated widget that will get most of my bones. It tells you the weather at the time of events.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Anyone get Weather or Not. Looks pretty

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Marco Arment is a bitch.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

teraflame posted:

Is it easy to get started with 1password? Can I like import saved passwords from chrome quickly?

When you login to sites, an annoying rear end bar will appear and ask if you wanna save the pass to 1Password.

e: On a computer, that is. If you have them saved via Chrome for iOS, I have no idea.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I was looking for other alternatives and I found this one. Similar interface, way cheaper, and seemingly better.

http://notdashlane.com

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I had an idea for an app

called Astronomical

play on the name iCal

It'd just tell you the weather of poo poo when you plan it in app and also be a dark app

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Themeboard is out now. Good looking keyboards for all. Sad thing is that the predictive text portion can't get the gently caress out.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

bronin posted:

Are there any other apps like "out of milk" out there? I just need a simple app for grocery lists that I can share with my girlfriend so we can both add and cross off items.

I think a goon recently straight up made an app to satisfy his needs for exactly this.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

101 posted:

What's this? Googling isn't yielding anything

http://nextkeyboard.co

Autplays music with no way to stop it. 0/5 stars.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

wattershed posted:

Agreed. Except there's a big music note that you can click to mute it. But other than that, sure.

Oh. Well I still hate it :colbert:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Ecoute is free today

http://appsto.re/us/D3caG.i

e: Oh, Double post; my bad. It's for the greater good, however.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anything ever leave Cydia?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Are these apps orange?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We've gone too far off the deep end.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Last Chance posted:

No, is it a weather, music or a podcast app?

Well, it's orange.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Camera+ is good the same way [any overrated thing] is good.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Spikey Willow posted:

I use Friendly, it's far from perfect but it fixes 2 things that were really bugging me about the official app:

- Maintains messaging without having to download a separate app
- Remembers 'Most Recent' post setting so I don't have to change it every time I open the app

If you're cool with jailbreaking, there are two tweaks that add these back to the official app.

e: In case you guys were wondering what Tapbots is up to, they are building version 2.0 of Calcbot. It's cool, I guess, but I'm not using it for anything practical yet.

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 16, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Kheldarn posted:

You know that Pushbullet is on iOS too, right?

He can't use it to handle SMS from his computer, though. Pushbullet on iOS only pushes things to your phone and then from your phone to other things, but it's not as open as the Android variant.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

~Coxy posted:

The only "good" solution I've found for this is to jailbreak and install a VNC server on your phone. (lol)

If you jailbreak, just use this http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/01/29/remote-messages-send-imessage-from-browser/

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Michael Scott posted:

What about Remote Messages? Then the answer is yes. I think it costs like $4 on Cydia. We just covered this.

Yeah, it's like two posts above the question, y'all.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We should just make a list of things Goodreader can't do. Makes it easier on everybody.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Kempy posted:

Hey guys, I'm just wondering are there any apps that can stream video from my pc to my phone over wifi? I hate pausing my shows when I go out front for a smoke break.

Cheers

Plex.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I use Plex on my Apple TV and when I have to take a poo poo, I can open Plex up on my phone and resume from where I paused.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I like how the price of Plex is never the same in this thread. Plex is $4.99.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bottom Liner posted:

Dropbox or Box?

Tim Cook said Box was great

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Suqit posted:

Somebody needs to read the iPhone thread title

I thought of this joke as I hit the Submit button, my hands slowing placing themselves on my face "what have I done"

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Tim Cook has also publicly praised them.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

flosofl posted:

Yeah, my company has a contract with Box as well (about 20,000 employees). It really comes in handy moving larger files around internally when ftp/sftp isn't an option. It's also nice to share files among the team without having to hope Sharepoint hasn't poo poo itself. Again.

Part of that might be sour grapes toward Dropbox because they declined to be purchased by Apple about 5 years ago (rumor has it)

A five year grudge? I highly doubt it. I doubt it so highly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You guys want some exclusive noirstronaut news.

Huh, you want this poo poo, you motherfuckers, well I got you.

Launcher is coming back. No date yet.