Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
I'm okay with the Weather Underground widget, except for having to wait for it to update every time I open it. I've enabled background app refresh and always-on location services for the app, which I would expect to allow it to update periodically so it has reasonably current info ready to go on launch. Is there some setting I'm missing, or am I asking too much of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Feenix posted:

In that it is using WeatherUnderground API or whatever, does it tell me weather in my hood (local neighborhood weather station) much as WeatherUnderground does?
LivingEarth and Yahoo Weather don't have a way to drill down to the PWS level as far as I can tell. Entering the station codes doesn't do it, anyway.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

You don't get cold leprosy spots that don't even register on the temperature key with the basic WU app, though!

Needs more wind animation.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

ChetReckless posted:

It was a big ad for the Yahoo News Digest app, so maybe its just a cross promotional thing.
Sadly, no. It started showing me ads this morning and the ones I saw before burying it deep in my weather-app folder were for third-party products.

Switched over to the Weather Underground app as my primary but I'm gonna miss the pretty pictures.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

Any recommendations for a flight tracker? I don't care about being able to book flights or hotels, look at airport maps, etc., I just want to be able to save a list of flights and get notifications when they're boarding, when they've departed, if they're delayed, etc., mostly so I can plan when to be at the airport to pick people up.

I have TripIt through work but it assumes you're the person actually traveling so it's weak on trip-in-progress notifications. Basically I want Mobiata's FlightTrack from before it got Expedia-fied.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

Feenix posted:

It's weird because it used to always reflect the hyper local. Also when I scrolled out nothing was even remotely close to 94 in the greater area.

Lame.
Something may be screwed up in your config or stuck in a cache somewhere, because I can't find any sign of a PWS in the location that's showing 88° in your third screencap. The "Wedgwood" station (KWASEATT330) is a couple of blocks east of there. If you tap the "88°" station, what's the station ID?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

Something's definitely hosed—that station reported a high of 88 on Wednesday. I'd uninstall/reinstall and if that doesn't fix it, report it as a bug.