Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

For me, the tweets remaining counter is sometimes there and sometimes not. It doesn't seem like it's super consistent. But it was exactly the same way in Tweetbot 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PFlats posted:

The number shows up only when there are unread tweets on screen. If you've scrolled back down into tweets you've read before, it goes away. You can tap on the conversation bubble tab button on the bottom to jump to the most recent unread tweet and he number will come back.

I have no idea why it works this way, but that's what I've figured out.
Yeah but it doesn't show up for me sometimes even when I'm going through unread tweets and haven't scrolled back :haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Am I a bad iPhone user for liking the new YouTube app? :shobon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

101 posted:

automatic opening of the YouTube app when tapping YouTube links
Oh thank god. That got annoying the last few days.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Djarum posted:

Nothing will playback at all. It is pretty widespread too, a ton of people on Twitter are having the same problem.
Huh, I'm glad it didn't happen to me then. I updated and I'm listening to a podcast on it just fine now and have been for a while.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

VSCO rules and gives you all the customization options you could want with a slick interface. It's the only camera app I've been using on my iPhone for a long-rear end time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why the gently caress has Downcast started randomly pausing on me without me disconnecting headphones or Bluetooth devices or anything within the last week or so? Was there a new update that borked it?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

maduin posted:

Safari is the only iOS web browser that supports content blockers, so it's the best for that reason alone

It is, but Chrome is great at blocking bad content, faster for browsing, and it syncs up with all my bookmarks/searches from Chrome on my PC which makes it an ideal, seamless browsing experience for me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've been 100% onboard the Tweetbot train for a couple years now. I only keep the official Twitter app on my phone for when I need to view images in DMs because Tweetbot doesn't allow you to do that for whatever reason :raise:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

For whatever reason my notifications aren't showing up as a badge icon on my Facebook app. I tried logging out on the app and then back in, turning them off and on again in the notifications part of settings.app, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, etc. Just doesn't seem to want to work.

I expect nothing less from this garbage app but I wonder why this is happening all of a sudden.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I think I paid for Tweetbot twice (once for Tweetbot 3 and once for Tweetbot 4) and I don't regret it at all. Every other Twitter app sucks poo poo in comparison.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Josh Lyman posted:

10 dollars gets you 10 McDoubles.

Or at least it used to :911:
It still gets you 10 double cheeseburgers ;)

(I have no idea why the gently caress the double cheeseburger costs $1 but the McDouble now costs like $1.39 when it's essentially the same exact thing)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

priznat posted:

It does? Hell yeah "May the fourth be with you" tweet scheduled for 12:01am tonight.
You son of a bitch

SeANMcBAY posted:

The only difference is the more expensive one has an extra cheese slice.:burger:
Huh, never knew that. 40 cents more for an extra slice of gross processed cheese sounds about right!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

~Coxy posted:

Lifehack: instead of ordering a Flake McFlurry, order a 50c cone w/ Flake (+50c), ask for a spoon with the cone and a free cup of water. Down the water, dump the soft serve into the cup, break the flake, and you have a McFlurry for 1/5 the price.

Do this only 3 times and you will have saved enough money to afford Tweetbot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Josh Lyman posted:

It's the principle. I wouldn't pay $10 for a McDonalds burger.
No one pays $10 for a McDonalds burger.

You pay $10 for 10 McDonalds burgers.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Axel Rhodes Scholar posted:

:qq: my piracy isn't working properly :qq:
Blocking ads is piracy ahahahahahahaha

Someone make this the new thread title, gently caress

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Outlook owns

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

People still plug their phones into their computers in 2017? Huh.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Housh posted:

Anyone else getting fb messenger crashing on start up? iOS 11 on iPhone 7 Plus. Tried restarting the phone and deleting/redownloading.
Not Messenger, but the FB app fails to load when I open it sometimes. I'll have to go back to the home screen and then try loading it again and then it works. Also on a 7+, but you know, this has been happening for a while, so it's definitely not isolated to iOS11, and it may not even be isolated to the 7+.

I think Facebook just employ some real no-knowledge app developers. I've had issues with their apps for years that I haven't had with other popular apps, and I feel like once they finally push an update that fixes my issues, the update will remove features that I used regularly before so it just creates new issues.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vince MechMahon posted:

I finally switched over to Overcast. Just couldn't deal with the lovely new way Stations work in the Apple podcatcher anymore.
I can't believe it took you that long!

If you're someone who listens to podcasts with any regularity and wants any features in a podcast app whatsoever, you should ditch the stock podcasts app ASAP.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hadji murad posted:

Is there a way to turn off Up Next in Podcasts? I really don’t enjoy that feature.
Yep: get a competent podcast app!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Maneki Neko posted:

Anyone using Outlook having authentication problems with gmail accounts recently? Mine keeps prompting to re-authenticate, which I do successfully, but then it will eventually prompt again at some point in the future.

Just trying to figure out if I'm lucky or Microsoft/Google broke something.

EDIT: Well, Outlook in-app support got back to me super quick, apparently this is a known issue that they're trying to figure out.
I had the exact same thing happen to me, so I removed my account and re-added it. Haven't gotten that message since.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I got it yesterday and it owns :cool: Don't know why they didn't have it all along, but at least now my PC/iOS YouTube UIs look more similar than ever.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait what the gently caress is wrong with wireless internet being fast lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This seems like something that should've been worked out and standardized across all (or most, at least) new cars years ago, but it totally hasn't and that's really stupid.

You buy a new car expecting it to have all this fancy new tech, and in some ways it does, but when it comes to stuff like using a phone with it (which tons of people want to do seamlessly), most cars are severely lacking in that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

xzzy posted:

Waze is the app for lawbreakers and hooligans, and good on Apple for not enabling you villains.
Waze has probably saved me thousands of dollars in tickets and an indeterminate amount of jail time over the years.

Waze owns.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BeWeather still beats all the rest.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Proteus Jones posted:

Sure, if accuracy isn’t important (and this is from a longtime BeWeather user). I gave up on them a couple months ago.
Why? What's wrong with it?

I've been using the pro version for years and I've never had any problems with it. It gives me all the options I want in a weather app/weather widget. Is there another app that has the same options/customizablity that's more accurate?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Proteus Jones posted:

I ran into issues where it was either not pulling data at all (it would display temp and time from 12 hours prior) or it was pulling data from an entirely different area. Even the radar map would be for another state. I just uninstalled and moved on to Carrot Weather.

I mean if it works for you, by all means keep using it. I'm just saying I could no longer rely on it so I found another one that I could.
I'll run into a bug every now and then where it'll list one day in the 7 day forecast as being 9999 degrees, but nothing beyond that. I usually just laugh it off. Radar's always worked consistently, for my area at least.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Since BeWeather's bugs started getting pointed out ITT, I've started noticing some in mine, like weather displaying as 30 degrees when it's actually 90 or it saying "Next hour: No data available" or stuff like that.

Is there a weather app that has a customizable widget like BeWeather does but with accurate weather info? I don't mind paying a few bucks.

I already tried out Hello Weather and that one didn't.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I looked at Carrot's UI and I still like BeWeather's layout way more, even if some of the weather data is garbage. Not paying for that when I already paid for BeWeather ages ago.

I guess what I want is an app with BeWeather's exact UI/customizability but with always-accurate weather data.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I started using Pocket Casts a few weeks ago and it's my favorite now, thanks to the trim silence feature, the extensively customizable speed settings, and the web player/PC app which sync to your account and display all the most recent episodes of your podcasts.

I was using Downcast before that for years and it also rules, though it doesn't have those same features.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Endless Mike posted:

Twitteriffic wrote a blog post about the upcoming changes due to Twitter being shitheads who are intentionally breaking their APIs for third-party apps. In short, they can no longer do live streaming of tweets, so they may be 1-2 minutes behind, and if you want notifications, you'll have to turn them on in the official app. TweetBot will be updating with similar soon, I'm sure.
:negative:

Don't you touch my loving Tweetbot!!!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I started using Dark Sky as my weather app of choice to replace BeWeather since BeWeather isn't as reliable as it once was and it's great. I love all the alerts it gives me :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So Tweetbot 5 came out and I'm down with all the changes except for the one where it's even worse about notifying me when people mention me.

I know Twitter limited access to third-party apps recently and this was also an issue in Tweetbot 4, but 4 felt like it handled this better than 5. I don't think I'm getting any notifications in 5. I didn't turn notifications off or anything, but like sometimes I'll check Tweetbot and someone will have @'ed me hours ago but I was never notified about it.

e: lol wait, I checked my notification settings in the app and they were all shut off. I had to turn them back on. I definitely hadn't turned them off though. Does updating to 5 just disable all notifications by default??? :raise:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 22, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just noticed Tweetbot 5 also doesn't show verified checkmarks on the avatars of verified accounts. Like it does if you click through to their profile, but it won't in the timeline.

Is there a setting to change that? 4 always showed them.

e: Yeah, there totally is, and it's turned off by default. What the hell man lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Are the themes worth tipping for? I haven't yet, but if so, I totally would. I mean, I've already bought like 2 versions of Tweetbot in the past anyway haha

I use night mode 100% of the time but vintage and console are the ones that interest me the most on that list.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Boris Galerkin posted:

Do any of those themes bring back the old icon? I’m not a big fan of this new grandpa aged bird.
It looks so angry

An angry bird, if you will

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Huh, I thought Vintage and Console would be my favorites based on the names, but turns out Pumpkin and Manhattan are.

I'm definitely gonna tip. Thanks for tipping ( :haw: ) the scales for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I updated earlier and checked the new stats page, which kindly let me know that since I started using Pocket Casts in June, I've listened to 15 days worth of podcasts :shepicide:

At least I haven't been using this as my podcast app ever since I started listening to podcasts regularly years ago. That number would be something staggering if so.