Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Error 404 posted:

報價不修改。

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
我也可以用谷歌翻译

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

frankenfreak posted:

我也可以用谷歌翻译

有一个谷歌翻译?

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
你们都是纸老虎和没有革命性!你们必须学习埃廷主席!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Me no hablo espanol bien, ingles, por favor.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

你们都是纸老虎和没有革命性!你们必须学习埃廷主席!

是的,我是个纸老虎

:smith:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
poo poo, I barely speak English.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:
EVERYONE GO BACK TO SPEAKING COMMON AMERICAN! :bahgawd:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Still not as annoying as a thread where everyone has to speak like a 40k Ork.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
我不明白。这个是普通话。

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 1, 2014

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Okay yeah, I give, what the poo poo is this poo poo?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

我不明白。这个是普通话。

dwarf74 posted:

poo poo, I barely speak English.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Zurui posted:

Okay yeah, I give, what the poo poo is this poo poo?
It's from the German RPG Das Schwarze Auge where it's a secret language of mages who claim it's actually the language of demons.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

frankenfreak posted:

It's from the German RPG Das Schwarze Auge where it's a secret language of mages who claim it's actually the language of demons.

It's also the "magic language" from the Dresden Files RPG (where it's doodled in the margins a bit) the font is called Zhayad iirc.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
今年我们同志们的Kickstarter都得到资助!我向你们的勇气致敬!故事博弈万岁!

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 1, 2014

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
他̞͕̘̘̭̠͇͘来̻̳̙̦̹̲ͅ了̧͓͍̟̞
͓͝他̵͈̺̙͇̗̩̯来̲了͖͔̝̰̟͚他͙͡来͇了̫͍̩̜
͞他͙̭̭̖̺͔̼来̟̘͙́了他̼̲͇̘̭来̖̙了̜͖他来̙̜̝̝̻̥͔了͉̼͎̥͠
͉̭͋͑͊͒ͨ̚̚他̵̴̼̱̹͈͙͉͕͍̺̀͊͛̄̌̽来̘ͥ̉̈ͬ了̦̱̟̪͎̱͉͌̍ͪ͑̄̀́ ̢̫͓̹̫̠̜͍͚̾ͨͣ̑̍͗ͮ̚他̶͍̟̟͊̈́̉来̢͆͐̅ͥ́͏̼̭͇͔̱了̣̼̜̙ͧ̀ͫ͐̂̀͝ ̧̺͇̥̄̾ͥ͋͛ͫ͐̈́͜͝他̷̴̢̣̼̝͔͙̓͐̆͛͐̃͐来͍͖̬̳ͥ̅͂̾̓͊͂̒了̶̪̮ͣ ̸̱̫̪̎͂̍ͯ̃ͣ́͡他̛̩ͣͪ̊̊ͧ͗̇͠来̦͇̖̟̹̣̯̐̓̿ͧ̑了͆́̑̈͢͏͙̝
͈̗͇̬̙̼̭ͬ̎̌͡他̡̐̔ͩ̊̎҉̧̘͉̞̺̫̰͕̦来͂ͫ̓̈̇ͭ̇̕҉̜̰͉̘̹̥̟͢了̯͐̋͂͌ͬ̌ͧ̌͞͠ ̘͍͍͐̔̉̏̓̍ͦ̂̈͟他̸̛̬͈̟ͦͪ͒̊̒͋̂来̧͇̲ͯ͘了̰̘͓͔̪̃̈͋̓ͤ̂ͯ̋͠ ̝̭̍̈́̏ͩ͝他̠͎̲̬͔̙̇ͤ̓̃̑̀ͦ̈́̏来͓̟̲̈͑了̷̘͓ͩ̀̋ͨ͊̒ ̴̛̖͔ͤ͐ͫͧ͋ͤ̐̆他̶̯͙̘͚͚͉ͨ̐ͅͅ来͓͓̹̺ͧ̊̄̄ͥ̿̉̐̿͘了̧̝͓͚̮̫͎̖͗̋́ͯ͌ͮ͆ͫ
̸̜̭͋̐ͤ̓̽他̤͔̪̞̗͈̾ͯͦ̾͑͊̽͛̍́来̴̨̪̦̣͓ͩͯͤ̍̔̈́̈́了̪̗̤̆͢ ̛̱̺͊̋ͮͮ͐ͬ͞他̗̳̞̟̮̥̰́̂̿ͭ͛̂ͤ́ͅ来̡̓̌̔̇ͯ̈́̚͏̭͙͙̟͇̰͟了̶̺̘̣͚̠͇̻͋ͦ̍̐̾̂̀͡ ̧̮̗̞ͦͩ̓̊͢他̞̭̻̩̦̘̳͑͘͜来̷̳̬̹̬̀̋̂̍̀了̶̝̝̘̩̙ͭ̊ͧ͛̎͒̓͛ͥ͘̕ ̧̝̖̣̮͕̻̠͔̇̈ͮ̓ͫ͛͞͞他̶̢͙̭͚͈͚̺̀͌̌̒̃̈ͩ̌来̴̨̫̙̀͞了̵̳̳̫͍̠̟͔̜͛ͅ
他̧͎̹̰͇̟̱̮̼̤̲̺̗͖̼̮̣̝̺ͥ͂̅̆̕来̡̼̠̜̫͇͎̲̹̮̇̿͒͆̏̌͂͊̈́͘͝了̌̀̽̌ͬ̆̅ͥ̋̃ͧ̂ͫ͆͌́̚̚͏̸̴̡͓̻̣͇̪͎͇͜ͅ他̷̢̞̱̮̟̺̫̱͈̭̼̯͓̻͕́ͨͩͯͧ͌̌͜ͅ来̶̌̏̄̊̇̆͒̑ͮ̄̋ͤ̌̀̕͜͏͙͉̠͔̯͇͚̲̪ͅͅ了̶̢̺̦̻̞͖̻̩̘ͣ͗͂ͪ̈ͯ̈ͪ̌́̓̓̚͝他̡̢̢͆ͨ̆͐ͤͦ͛͊̓ͮ̌̃̋ͦ̚҉͉̼̻͇͉̠̙̥̝͎͚来̟̙̖̜̩̮̼̮̣̥̱̮̟̳̖̯̈́͂ͮ̊ͣ̾̓̓̈́͌ͫͦ͛̐ͭ̇̍́̀͜͝了̷́ͨ̐ͥͥ̆̃ͨ͂ͮ͐͌͒ͬ̈́̚͘҉̡̛̼͈͖̺͔̦
̈ͨ̓͛͂͊ͪ͞͠҉͍̱̱͓̼̮̫͇̳̤̪̯他̨̮̥͉͎̦̻̟̹̭̺̭̜̣͉̙̖̳̗̖͒̔͑͗̂̂̚̕来ͮͬͣ̓̊ͦ҉͓̜̞̲͚̳̬̮̟̤͕̗̱̹͙͘ͅͅ了͛̊̂̾҉͏̡҉̛̙̬̭̟̻̤̲͍͖他̢̐̈͋͊͝͏̷̯̗̲̥̞̯̖̥̹͉̺͕来̛͍̻̦̠̱̜̰͖̇̈̅̃͢͢͢了̡̣͎̙͍̫͉͎̹̣̭͍͂̇̄͐̒̌ͩ̉̄̾͑ͫ̽̔̓̿̀͢͞
̸͚̼̞͎̫͙̭̥̱̜̖͇͆̾͑̇̕͡他̲̥̣̖̟̺̘̱̘̰͖̦͍͎̮̂̋ͭ̉̏ͫ̔ͭ͂͞͝来̵̛̘̻̠̪̝̫̞̬̉̽ͯͯ̍͑̈̎ͯ͛͊̎ͨͯ̌ͣ̉ͅ了̥͇̪̹̲̦̺̟͕̂ͭ̎̊̓ͣ͌͜͞

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Doodmons posted:

Sadly, none of the other languages are detailed as much as Ob-lob. There's a shout out to the Imperial language for having the only sensible system of writing on the planet (still no spaces, punctuation or capital letters but way better than everyone else's) and a shout out to the Dindavaran written language for being so retarded that even they rarely use it (words are written according to pronunciation. To-may-to and to-mah-to would be written completely differently)

In one of the supplements, I can't remember which but I think it's one of the earlier ones, there's some detail tucked away in a chapter of new advantages/qualities about a tiny little kingdom tucked away somewhere that's the only place in Reign's setting that understands the concepts of word spacing, punctuation, and how to read silently without vocalizing the words as you go. It's a secret they guard jealously the same way that Dindavara guards the secret of their Hanzo steel, and you can actually be from that country (or have been secretly taught by someone from that country) and buy the secrets of advanced literacy as a character advantage.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
How bad off is the world of Reign that that's something you need to keep secret? :ohdear:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

There are a lot of strange things in Reign. Like the whole Men only ride horses sidesaddle thing and how angry some idiots get about it. :laugh:

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kai Tave posted:

In one of the supplements, I can't remember which but I think it's one of the earlier ones, there's some detail tucked away in a chapter of new advantages/qualities about a tiny little kingdom tucked away somewhere that's the only place in Reign's setting that understands the concepts of word spacing, punctuation, and how to read silently without vocalizing the words as you go. It's a secret they guard jealously the same way that Dindavara guards the secret of their Hanzo steel, and you can actually be from that country (or have been secretly taught by someone from that country) and buy the secrets of advanced literacy as a character advantage.

That just sounds really stupid.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

..和正确的话,我就知道,我喜欢大哥哥。

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Doodmons posted:

I love the detail that's gone into writing the Ob-lob language. Language is hugely important in the Reign setting and the Language() skill is front and centre with things like Weaponry and Lie. It's relatively easy to splash into a language and have a decent chance of communicating with someone if they're willing to take extra time and speak slowly, so it's unlikely that the party will be completely unable to communicate with someone. At the same time, it's a significant investment to achieve mastery and get an accent, which I really like. Sadly, none of the other languages are detailed as much as Ob-lob. There's a shout out to the Imperial language for having the only sensible system of writing on the planet (still no spaces, punctuation or capital letters but way better than everyone else's) and a shout out to the Dindavaran written language for being so retarded that even they rarely use it (words are written according to pronunciation. To-may-to and to-mah-to would be written completely differently)

My favorite bit about languages in reign: Every skill has an associated piece of starting equipment if you have at least 5 dice or a mastery die in it. For language, this is culturally appropriate clothing.

Everyone starts with a mastery die in their native language, as a way to guarantee that everyone starts out wearing pants.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

unseenlibrarian posted:

Everyone starts with a mastery die in their native language, as a way to guarantee that everyone starts out wearing pants.

Everyone starts out owning pants.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Davin Valkri posted:

How bad off is the world of Reign that that's something you need to keep secret? :ohdear:

That's actually pretty historically accurate.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Error 404 posted:

It's also the "magic language" from the Dresden Files RPG (where it's doodled in the margins a bit) the font is called Zhayad iirc.
Yep, that's its name. I never knew that it made its way into DFRPG; that's pretty neat.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Is it just me or is there a lot of TTRPG groups / discussions in Google+ specifically. Is there a particular reason for that? Drive to host PDFs, Hangouts for gaming and general nerdery for Google?

Parkreiner
Oct 29, 2011

potatocubed posted:

Everyone starts out owning pants.

A couple years back my group was doing a grimdark Harry Potter kind of thing in Burning Wheel, and our characters turned out to be such dirt-poor urchins that my character could afford clothes but no shoes and another guy had shoes but no clothes. We decided our PCs were roommates sharing a single school uniform.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is it just me or is there a lot of TTRPG groups / discussions in Google+ specifically. Is there a particular reason for that? Drive to host PDFs, Hangouts for gaming and general nerdery for Google?

The ability to curate who can and can't post in your discussion group.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Kai Tave posted:

The ability to curate who can and can't post in your discussion group.

Which also means that you can innocently find yourself firmly imbedded in some breathtaking displays of pure crystallized poo poo grog simply by trying to find groups for games you like.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Social media is, more and more, about sharing and being exceptionally open about your statements. Anyone can reblog your posts in tumblr and share it with others. Nerds are absolutely terrified of other people and their wrong opinions, so instead they burrowed farther and farther into the blogosphere where they could easily vet who could and couldn't respond to them. Once that more or less died they ran for Google+ which is an even better social bubble creator.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

Social media is, more and more, about sharing and being exceptionally open about your statements. Anyone can reblog your posts in tumblr and share it with others. Nerds are absolutely terrified of other people and their wrong opinions, so instead they burrowed farther and farther into the blogosphere where they could easily vet who could and couldn't respond to them. Once that more or less died they ran for Google+ which is an even better social bubble creator.

I am quite sure you are a nerd as well, considering you post on this forum, and frequently speak about nerd interests.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I am quite sure you are a nerd as well, considering you post on this forum, and frequently speak about nerd interests.

Oh poo poo you got me...!

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

That just sounds really stupid.

St. Augustine, talking about St. Ambrose posted:

When [Ambrose] read, his eyes scanned the page and his heart sought out the meaning, but his voice was silent and his tongue was still. Anyone could approach him freely and guests were not commonly announced, so that often, when we came to visit him, we found him reading like this in silence, for he never read aloud.
Reading without moving your lips was considered drat impressive once upon a time.

And for centuries people were writing poo poo without spaces or punctuation:

And yes, people would actually read things like that regularly.

And yes, it seems really stupid to us today. At the time, it was all perfectly sensible!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nowit'sconsideredshitposting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
aw man gently caress me I forgot the second "f" in "effort." Well, egg on my face.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

aw man gently caress me I forgot the second "f" in "effort." Well, egg on my face.

Ah, é de se esperar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

ProfessorCirno posted:

People can reblog your stuff on Google+ as well, though, so that's not gonna help.

Tumblr has an advanced blocking feature to make you experience only what you want to experience, but it hasn't really caught on there from what I've seen.

I think that a large part of Google Plus' popularity is that you can use Hangouts for Skype-like chat, which apparently works great for live games.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 2, 2014

• Locked thread