Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Bendigeidfran posted:

It is, but how fun it is depends a lot on which Haunt you end up getting. Like Vampires are really fun but the Blob is just tedious and bland. Some of them are also overpowered as hell (which is good! Seeing hapless humans horribly perish is the best part of the game!)

Also unfortunate if the traitor is a new player and not comfortable reading and interpreting a hidden set of rules in a competitive game; especially when those rules required so much errata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
I've been trying to play Dread for at least 4 years yet every time I have a game ready to go last minute drop outs cancel it. Haunted. (???)

This year I'm saying gently caress it and totally & unfairly tying it to my birthday celebrations.

Characters were close in high school, thoroughly parted ways, but are going to the Boundary Waters for 7 days to try to celebrate a 10 year reunion. Setting is a foresty lake area between Canada and the US without cell phone coverage, 3 days wait for medical attention.

When they get off the water, no one is there to pick them up. Ever

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Benagain posted:

My GF and I are going to be taking a train to New Orleans, and we were thinking of things to do to kill 20 hours besides sleep, drink and play Netrunner. The idea of me running a game for her came up and I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a one PC game or things that they've done in the past to make it easier? Any systems that lend themselves to it?

GMless systems may be in order. Microscope and Fiasco immediately come to mind.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

ascendance posted:

So, I need a good name for the Djinn mafia in my Ottoman/Persian setting.

Why not just "The Cartel" or something similar and the players discover it's run by djinns? Is it a setting where there is no value in hiding who runs it because everyone already knows? If that's the case, then, "The Djinno Family"

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Bucnasti posted:

Who cares about Jedi and smugglers, which version best supports wookie game play?

Without a doubt, FFG's Edge of the Empire. Every crit is a limb. Every triumph is killing a dozen other mooks with that limb.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
yeah it's probably time for a Paranoia World.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Oh drat, I bet that's a great match actually. Assign the capricious nature of Fiasco characters' fate to the will of the Computer. Perfect.

e: haha I think that's more world-defining fluff than I've ever seen for a Fiasco playset.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
On the other hand Mouse Guard has many of the same concepts, paired down in complexity, and runs like a dream from the first session on. You just have to get used to feeling like you're railroading adventures, or drift a bit from rules as written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
The party had a serious, going to come to blows argument between two characters, and Mouse Guard was the first game I played where the mechanics handled it quickly, comprehensively, in a way that was entertaining to the other players, and most importantly, involved one character winning and both players feeling good with the outcome.

It was a Saul on the road to Damascus moment

• Locked thread