Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Kai Tave posted:

It turns out that when you're playing a game, being able to take more than one turn at a time is really handy.

I'll just mention that I hate, hate, hate games where initiative uses exploding dice. If yours don't, it's your turn to make a snack run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

I'm trying to think of games I've played that do this and I'm coming up blank. Like, I've played plenty of games where initiative and multiple actions were all kinds of hosed but I can't think of anything that use exploding dice on initiative specifically.

Humbug knows. It was an alt-history supers game, something to do with a crater where half of Chicago used to be. Unfortunately for the group, I didn't actually do a snack run.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Wait, hang on...are you talking about Brave New World, that superheroes game that Pinnacle put out? Did that actually have exploding initiative? I mean, it's a pretty bad game all over so it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

I… think it was. At least based on a quick Google research run. Yeah, exploding initiative is great for speedster characters, or anyone that the dice can't possibly gently caress over two turns in a row. I think it was designed to mess with anyone who thought it shared any logic with Champions, where someone with extra points in Speed still had to be effective, and there was a fixed ratio to how many extra actions you got. When it's all up to the dice, you sit and watch a lot.

Exploding initiative, not even once.

• Locked thread