Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Yawgmoth posted:

Conversely, Arkham Horror gets a whole new level of interesting when you introduce PVP.

Why yes, Betrayal at House on the Hill is quite fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
My GF and I are going to be taking a train to New Orleans, and we were thinking of things to do to kill 20 hours besides sleep, drink and play Netrunner. The idea of me running a game for her came up and I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a one PC game or things that they've done in the past to make it easier? Any systems that lend themselves to it?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nooo I got sniped. SO I want to run Nobilis for new people. What's the biggest stumbling block people generally run into when describing the rules?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rand Brittain posted:

I think the biggest hang-up people have comes when they don't realize how much of the game is front-loaded into character creation. You can figure out what your players want the game to be about from their choices of Bonds, Estate, and Estate Properties, and use that to steer.

(Similarly, most of the setting is defined when you define the cast of NPC Powers. Questions like "what happens when you die" can be answered by deciding what the Power of Souls, or Death, or Rebirth, or whatever, is like.)

Actually slightly different spin on that question. I've got a group of novice roleplayers who I've run a couple of very successful dungeon world games with, some fiasco and dread, but that's it.

They want to play gods. Would it be easier to run them through Part-Time Gods, or Nobilis?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

u prick I will kill you.

Wait poo poo is this imp zone chat or not.

• Locked thread