Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

É o mês de coisas assustadoras, e que maneira melhor de comemorar do que falando de RPGs de Horror? Arkham Horror, jogos da série World of Darkness e outros. Discutam sobre jogos e outras coisas mais nesse tópico!

Dread seems like a great game to run for a Halloween one-shot or something like that. Easy to understand and basically built for short-term play.

Plus you're playing Jenga at the same time and that's always a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I need to try Cthulhu Dark. I got my PDF from the Cthulhu Dark adventure Kickstarter (He Who Laughs Last?) and it looks pretty fun.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Tendales posted:

I've had a little more time to look over Through The Breach, and I'm increasingly impressed. A few more things from my notes. Fairly big infodump warning, sorry. These are just notes I took as I was reading, not an organized review.

All in all, I'm fairly impressed. Malifaux 1st edition was full of clumsy, confusing mechanics; it was obviously a game made by artists. But between 1e and 2e Malifaux, Wyrd has hired and listened to real game designers, and the quality difference is really clear.

This sounds awesome. Is there a way for people who haven't backed the Kickstarter to get a hold of Through the Breach yet?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Siivola posted:

Grogs.txt again reminded me how much I miss cheesy eighties fantasy art. I should write up some kind of lovely fantasy heartbreaker just so I could kickstart it and get, I dunno, Clyde Caldwell or someone to illustrate it.

My teenage years, right here:

Wow, that image is from the AD&D Beginner Set, right? That was my entry into D&D and I *still* remember that picture (that was the pre-gen dwarf fighter).

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Siivola posted:

No, it's the cover to R.A. Salvatore's novel Streams of Silver. 'Course, it might be they recycled the illustration for the set.

It must be recycled then, because I have definitely seen that art before and haven't read Streams of Silver.

Found the set, though, it was called "Intro to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons," was released in 1995 and was based off of AD&D 2e. Also came with a CD!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

:siren: There is an open playtest now...uh, open for Delta Green the RPG! :siren:

EDIT: :siren: It looks very similar to Call of Cthulhu still so I'm not sure I entirely grasp the point of this yet!!! :siren:

Spincut fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 14, 2014

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

occamsnailfile posted:

It's not so much my ability as it is that of myself and anyone I might ever actually play with--I mean are you saying you've never lost a piece to a board game? Yes, obviously, put your toys away when you are done, but stuff gets displaced sometimes, and with RPGs the expectation is not 'here are several things you need to keep in a specially designed box'. Does WHFRP3 come with a box? I am not interested in WH fantasy so I have never examined it.

Yes, the Core Set of Warhammer comes in a big box you can put everything in (and a dumb cardboard insert that you'll probably recycle immediately as is the FFG way).

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

You just reminded me that it's almost TradGames Secret Santa time! :dance:

Yessssss! :dance:

Also I can't believe it's been a year since the last one already. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Nobody else did, so I posted the November chat thread!

• Locked thread