Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Me no hablo espanol bien, ingles, por favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Still not as annoying as a thread where everyone has to speak like a 40k Ork.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

There are a lot of strange things in Reign. Like the whole Men only ride horses sidesaddle thing and how angry some idiots get about it. :laugh:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, he easily could've just grabbed the dude's head and snapped his neck in a heartbeat. The Teacup was just Vin Diesel narrating his PC being silly/badass.

In FAE he went forceful (or maybe Flashy or Quick). In Apocalypse World he went Seize By Force. Either way, he loving wrecked that dude. :black101:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 5, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

We were just about to move beyond this stupid teacup arguement. :argh:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

What the hell is your new avatar?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

gradenko_2000 posted:

I definitely think that most RPGs would benefit from having more Eurogame trappings - represent your to-hit/proficiency bonus with red blocks/chits, display your HP with those flipboard number things, ready spells by putting spell cards into your hand, and cast them by laying them down on the table, remember passive abilities with index cards.

Any game so complex as to require so many bits and bobs is waaay too complex and should crawl back to the 90s and 00s and die there. :v:

Somewhat kidding, but what is representing your attack bonus with little wood bits gonna accomplish that a quick glance at a character sheet wouldn't? If your attack bonus was some kind of resource pool you had to spend, sure, that could work. However, in a D&D style game it tends to be pretty static within a session, except for bonuses and penalties and constantly adding and subtracting blocks from your pile as those mofifiers change strikes me as too fiddly.

The better way to fix many RPGs being too complec is to remove sone of that complexity. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Just remember, the more you make your game rely on physical props the less workable it becomes to play online. Even virtual tabletops can only do so much without extensive customization and many people just use IRC or PBP.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

FMguru posted:

OTOH, the more bits and bobs and gizmos a game comes with, the harder it is to pirate as a PDF.

I have few problems with props In gsmes, but that is definitely not the right mentality to use. A determind pirate will always find a way. Use cards? Cards get scanned. Special dice? Blank dXs and a marker. Counters? Got a tray of spare change next to my computer.

(Edit) also that means YOU can't sell your own game as a PDF, losing you customers. And if you do sell it as a PDF, you've done the pirates work for em, unless you leave out print&play versions of your props, in which case, what's the point?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Impermanent posted:

I think I don't understand the POV of someone who just straight up doesn't believe in their ability to put all of the pieces of a game back together after they're done playing with it.

Like, do you do your dishes?

Accidents and small children/pets happen. Last catan game I played ended when Catzilla demolished the island. My friend didn't find the thief pawn until he swept days later.

• Locked thread