Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
NiHao!

(Not even gonna try idiograms via phone)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Reene posted:

Где русский язык топик? :mad:

Not nice.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ElegantFugue posted:

This unironically sounds like the best language mechanism I've ever heard of in a game.

Bad traduzir palavra homem internet legal emprego

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

手机拼音输入是很容易的。电脑输入比手机输入一点点难的。

同志们,祝你门国庆节!光靠结束《龙与地下城》是无法解放游戏者的。我们一定取得胜利!故事博弈万岁!

是的,但我很懒,所以我不会去做

frankenfreak posted:

Genug jetzt! Lasst uns wieder über Rollenspiele labern statt mit unseren Mutter- und erlernten Sprachen anzugeben.

没有你

Ratpick posted:

Olen samaa mieltä. Puhutaan nyt niistä saatanan roolipeleistä.

Pääsen pitkästä aikaa pelaamaan Monsterheartsia parin viikon päästä. En malta odottaa. :woop: Mitäs pelejä te muut pelaatte tällä hetkellä?

我的主要爱是地下城世界。我无法获得足够的了。我在6个不同的PBP现在

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 1, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
quote is not edit.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

frankenfreak posted:

我也可以用谷歌翻译

有一个谷歌翻译?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

你们都是纸老虎和没有革命性!你们必须学习埃廷主席!

是的,我是个纸老虎

:smith:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

我不明白。这个是普通话。

dwarf74 posted:

poo poo, I barely speak English.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

frankenfreak posted:

It's from the German RPG Das Schwarze Auge where it's a secret language of mages who claim it's actually the language of demons.

It's also the "magic language" from the Dresden Files RPG (where it's doodled in the margins a bit) the font is called Zhayad iirc.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

..和正确的话,我就知道,我喜欢大哥哥。

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Kai Tave posted:

The ability to curate who can and can't post in your discussion group.

Which also means that you can innocently find yourself firmly imbedded in some breathtaking displays of pure crystallized poo poo grog simply by trying to find groups for games you like.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Chaotic Neutral posted:

that toxic payload.

Band name!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Ferrinus posted:

The god drat teacup scene only worked because we know that a teacup is an inferior weapon to a sword or gun!

But it still worked, so it should work when a player tries a similar thing without requiring a bunch of bullshit rules just to uphold ~verisimilitude~.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Ferrinus posted:

It should work because Riddick's stats are so high that Riddick can defeat whoever it was even when burdened by the penalties associated with trying to use a teacup as a weapon. Otherwise it's like, wow, great, you described your GENERIC_WEAPON as a teacup, how impressive. Well I'm going to flavor mine as the actual fact of my own decapitation and dismemberment so I guess I'm even cooler.

So why should he have penalties for that teacup? What is so +1 about a +1 goddamn sword?
If you want to stab dudes with immaterial concepts, go hog wild if your group is down with it, no need to be a dick about it.
Like, what's so scary about going off page to do something cool? If all you want is a random number generator there's plenty of rogue-likes out there.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Ferrinus posted:

If you let someone use a teacup with the same effectiveness as they'd use a sword, you diminish the importance of swords. But, swords are, and should be, important to a number of games.

Only if you pretend context isn't a thing that exists.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Ferrinus posted:

Good work, but next time say something of substance.
I'm literally watching you defend John Tarnowski.

Really makes u think.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Do what's right for the game. There's no one true Way of the Teacup.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Oh gosh thanks Ettin for changing my thread's tag and title. Real cool move. Real cool discussion on teacups, super awesome. Jeez, amazing.

FYI, that was me being sarcastic.

Just relax and go w/the flow bro, chill out and have a nice relaxing beverage of some kind.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Tollymain posted:

*drinks literal quarts of water*

i think i'm suffering from heat exhaustion; an ignominious ailment when it's only like 82 out. am i secretly a lost experimental gene-engineered subject intended for arctic survival? (no, but that would be cool)

It also tends to be cool underground, maybe you're a gene-engineered C.H.U.D. hunter?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

gradenko_2000 posted:

All Outta Bubblegum

This looks kind of fun.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

There are no space jews on 40k, therefore, no space nazis.

Im sorry but Tau

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The people of Israel do not use chemicals in order to control human thought.

That's what they want u to beleive.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

DocBubonic posted:

So when is the Imperial book gonna come out? You know for those times when you want to kill moisture farmers and beat up Ewoks?

You can already play RIFTS as the Coalition though.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

GimpInBlack posted:

I've literally never seen someone say "Star Wars would be better without any Jedi in it,"

Karen Traviss

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FMguru posted:

There has already been an official Paranoia playset for Fiasco.

http://www.bullypulpitgames.com/news/2012/06/15/a-very-special-paranoia-fiasco/

Very nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Yawgmoth posted:

Anything worth pirating will be pirated, and no amount of DRM or proprietary bullshit will change that. It's just a matter of how badly you want to piss off your legit customers and/or how hard you want to make it to be a legit customer.

Misandu posted:

Don't most studies show pirating doesn't really affect sales anyway? I'm sure indie stuff has a much higher paid:pirate ratio than big releases but I always assumed that was just because pirates tend to download your stuff the same because it's all free to them and that even with perfect DRM you just wouldn't have seen those sales.

Yes.

• Locked thread