Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

Yawgmoth posted:

Wait what's wrong with Munchkin?

Please don't troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

Munchkin is bad because it isn't fun.

If you actually want a serious post, people dislike Munchkin because it is an extremely random, screw-the-leader game that takes about ten times too long. Also, it's filled with bad nerd in-jokes.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

Tekopo posted:

Munchkin would be good if it never took more than half an hour.

Let's not stretch that far. But yeah, that's one of the biggest flaws it has (especially that Munchkin's length manifests itself in the last part of the game where it's just 'let's see who stocked more gently caress-you cards when someone attempts to end the game').

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Did the GW mock thread just get closed because someone said "squats"?

Didn't think that happened anymore. :v:

I knew that nerds were afraid of physical exercise, but that's a new low!

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Since we're talking board games, are there any good Descent-style games that can be played solo?

The D&D Adventure System games are serviceable.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

So I looked up some Betrayal at House on the Hill play videos, and oh man this game looks fun as hell.

Betrayal is actually pretty fun until the Haunt starts. That's when you flip a coin to see if you're in for enjoyment or tedium for the rest of the game.

e: or whether the game will instantly end because one side is way overpowered.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

Chvatil's Mage Knight is kind of like Descent. Well, ok, maybe not exactly, but you should still play Mage Knight anyway (you can even play solo!)

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I'd say that the non-dice part of WHFRP3e was the best part, especially the tracks - those things were versatile as hell, and allowed a lot more interesting mechanics than RPGs tend to usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

John Wick thought of everything.

• Locked thread