Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

PeterWeller posted:

I just can't get past "here's your game about playing scoundrels, now here's your--we swear it's different and necessary--game about being rebels."
Well I mean yeah if you are completely making up stuff that you supposedly read its sort of strange but Fantasy Flight is completely honest about the three games almost being exactly the same outside of a few mechanics. Admittedly, its still a bit off putting given that you are still buying the equivalent of a Dungeon Master Guide every time but I haven't actually looked at Age of Rebellion to see how much information changes.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

PeterWeller posted:

The point is it's silly to split it up like the 40K RPGs in the first place. How nice and honest they are about it doesn't matter.
Ehhh... Its pretty much like how most if not a lot of RPGs do it though so I'm not entirely sure why this one is causing you to have a fit.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

Like, do you play Settlers of Catan with dinner plates and forks?
When my friend forgot her battlemat we actually used checkerboard placemats as a replacement.

• Locked thread