Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Yawgmoth posted:

Not trolling, I legit do not know what makes Munchkin bad. it's fun and fairly simple, and the only problems I've ever had is that some people throw a loving tantrum when you give them a plutonium wyrmling to fight.

Some people tire of the gimmick and feel the gameplay gets drawn out past its welcome. I think general arguments about it are more tiresome, honestly. I don't find it very exciting but not worth getting mad over either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Night10194 posted:

Actually, didn't 4e do something similar? Where you had various 'power sources' that just explained and flavored why you could pull off the kickass poo poo your class did?

Yeah, basically. Sometimes there'd be specific mechanics tied to power sources but that varied a lot more than the mechanics tied to various roles the characters had.

Since Feng Shui is being talked about now, how likely is it that the kickstarter version will be good? Should I drop some cash on it while it's in its final days?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

MartianAgitator posted:

Hey DARKSEID DICK PICS, I really like your Sword of Truth thread. I was having a lot of fun with the side chat about other (mediocre) fantasy novels. Is that not cool with you? I guess I don't understand why you locked the thread.

You can't focus on two dumb fantasy series written by neckbeards at the same time for fear of confusing the two.

• Locked thread