Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BrainParasite posted:

The Make-A-Wish Foundation

This is it by the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ProfessorCirno posted:

As I said, I think Star Wars sorta needs two "modes." One is more low key pulpy style action a'la original trilogy; Han Solo is a good shot with a blaster and a good pilot, Luke does front flips and sabers dudes, Lando is a good pilot and has some vague leadership abilities (and the ability to be suave as gently caress). The second is EU/prequels/Clone Wars high fantasy action, where jedi are force pushing groups of droids around and performing ridiculous acrobatics and cutting through armies, while republic commandos are mowing down enemies with heavy repeater blasters and taking out armor with rocket launchers and wearing super strong armor.

The idea that Jedi have to be the former and non-jedi the latter is pure D&D BS.

Incidentally, it always rubbed me the wrong way how EotE really tried to amp up and emphasize it as THE GRITTY STAR WARS, because Star Wars was never gritty. Even in the wretched hive of scum and villainy of Mos Eisley, the atmosphere was far more low key and vaguely noir-ish then it was vicious grim and gritty. Han Solo was a smug roguish scoundrel with a cocky grin, not some horrible amoral criminal from a gritty crime drama.

As a big star wars fan I 100% agree. Star Wars needs to be pulp with lasers, not GRITTY SPACE SCUMBAGS. Han was a loving devilish rogue and Chewie was his giant roaring buddy, they weren't grim mercenaries who smuggle everything from human slaves to illegal drugs.

Also yea, you gotta keep the Jedi in their own poo poo, they just don't work in a mixed party.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Deadlands is a neat concept but the metaplot is maybe one of the worst ones, with the books straight telling you 'if your players try to kill (writer's pet bad guy) sit them down and tell them they can't' and poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LongDarkNight posted:

As long as you as reroll the damage if you use an ability that let's you reroll the attack.

Yea my group rolls both but with the assumption that a to hit reroll means both do, so no 'oh ok I missed but did max damage so let me just redo my hit to get that' stuff.

• Locked thread