Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

grassy gnoll posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

post this in five threads this month or the michael jackson will come into your kitchen and steal your pots and children

Stay safe poverty ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMHIIRrCz1w

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Grim posted:

I always try to make a big deal about people speaking the right languages in Forgotten Realms games, but I think amongst my gaming group I'm the only one who gives a poo poo :shrug:

When I played D&D for the very first time i'm certain I spent more time agonizing over the most useful languages to pick than I did choosing feats- I might have picked one that gave me an additional language, actually. Pretty quickly learned that the DM didn't actually care about that stuff or want to make it relevant, which is representative of many of my experiences on the player side actually.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Barack Hussein Obama.

Unlikely, at best...:rolleye:

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
That was a feature, not a bug! :argh: More games should dump you into the middle of a story and let you as the player decide/discover how your character got there through dialogue or other choices.

I think my favorite one of those choices is when you're at the Telos Academy for the first time, and if you're a dude you're asked about what you think of Atris and why she's so interested in you. I loved how you could sort of set the tone of your later interactions with a wide range from "haha, ew, gross!" to "More evidence of Jedi hypocrisy about controlling their emotions" to "Maybe if i'd known back then, things could have been different." It's so minor, but you're sort of making official within the game that this is who your PC is and how they see the world.

• Locked thread