Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Doodmons posted:

I love the detail that's gone into writing the Ob-lob language. Language is hugely important in the Reign setting and the Language() skill is front and centre with things like Weaponry and Lie. It's relatively easy to splash into a language and have a decent chance of communicating with someone if they're willing to take extra time and speak slowly, so it's unlikely that the party will be completely unable to communicate with someone. At the same time, it's a significant investment to achieve mastery and get an accent, which I really like. Sadly, none of the other languages are detailed as much as Ob-lob. There's a shout out to the Imperial language for having the only sensible system of writing on the planet (still no spaces, punctuation or capital letters but way better than everyone else's) and a shout out to the Dindavaran written language for being so retarded that even they rarely use it (words are written according to pronunciation. To-may-to and to-mah-to would be written completely differently)

My favorite bit about languages in reign: Every skill has an associated piece of starting equipment if you have at least 5 dice or a mastery die in it. For language, this is culturally appropriate clothing.

Everyone starts with a mastery die in their native language, as a way to guarantee that everyone starts out wearing pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Not gonna lie, I would play most of these at least once.

http://offbeatclasses.co.vu/

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

The Benevolent Order of the Smokeless Fire.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Honestly I think how they split it was pretty true to how people tend to -play- Star Wars. You've got your Traveller with Wookies game, your brave heroes of the alliance game, and your "Holy poo poo, look at all the Jedi" game.

All they really need is a creepy space nazi apologist game and they'd be set.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Pretty sure Battle Meditation predates Bioware and KOTOR by a good bit- it showed up in the old "Tales of the Jedi" comics in the early-mid nineties. Bioware borrowed it from them.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

I hope it's being driven by the Ork Warlord Masazz Frizz'ul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

(Of course there's also the officially licensed Army of Darkness RPG by Eden Studios which supposedly wasn't half bad, so I guess you could use that, but Deadlands predates that by a number of years.)

Weirdly enough it was also written by the guy who wrote Deadlands, because apparently he's old friends with Bruce Campbell, and yeah, it was a solid enough Cinematic Unisystem adaptation.

• Locked thread