Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I like hexographer for my hex-mapping goodness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

unseenlibrarian posted:

Everyone starts with a mastery die in their native language, as a way to guarantee that everyone starts out wearing pants.

Everyone starts out owning pants.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

WordMercenary posted:

I'm supposed to be running helping run some games for GameCity this month. What are some good, easy to understand one shot RPGs? (I'm assuming an audience with little to no experience)

I'd go with the usual suspects: Fiasco, Dungeon World, maybe something Fate-y.

E: That festival actually looks pretty boss. If only a) I lived in Nottingham and b) had any free time.

potatocubed fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Oct 8, 2014

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Impermanent posted:

Ok, Would your assessment change if I told you that I and my fellow players regularly play big, meaty boardgames like Mage Knight, the 'Gric, and Twilight Struggle? Systems mastery is not usually an issue for us.

I agree with Gorbash on BW pretty much word for word, right down to 'give Torchbearer a go if Burning Wheel seems interesting'. I'm less charitable about it than he is, though; I think the concepts are amazing but system mastery isn't going to help you because the system itself is irredeemably busted in pretty much every way.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

FMguru posted:

I'll always have kind of a soft spot for DL because Pinnacle didn't let a single IP exploitation opportunity pass them by. GURPS version? Call of Cthulhu crossover? Miniatures game? CCG? Disk Wars adaptation?!? I think they even had a line of Button Men playsets. Plus comics, fiction collections, branded poker card decks and everything else. I'm going to assume the lack of computer game or animated series or TV or move adaptation wasn't because of a lack of trying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands#TV_Series

• Locked thread