Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Benagain posted:

Nooo I got sniped. SO I want to run Nobilis for new people. What's the biggest stumbling block people generally run into when describing the rules?

I think the biggest hang-up people have comes when they don't realize how much of the game is front-loaded into character creation. You can figure out what your players want the game to be about from their choices of Bonds, Estate, and Estate Properties, and use that to steer.

(Similarly, most of the setting is defined when you define the cast of NPC Powers. Questions like "what happens when you die" can be answered by deciding what the Power of Souls, or Death, or Rebirth, or whatever, is like.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread