Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

ProfessorCirno posted:

Social media is, more and more, about sharing and being exceptionally open about your statements. Anyone can reblog your posts in tumblr and share it with others. Nerds are absolutely terrified of other people and their wrong opinions, so instead they burrowed farther and farther into the blogosphere where they could easily vet who could and couldn't respond to them. Once that more or less died they ran for Google+ which is an even better social bubble creator.

People can reblog your stuff on Google+ as well, though, so that's not gonna help.

Tumblr has an advanced blocking feature to make you experience only what you want to experience, but it hasn't really caught on there from what I've seen.

I think that a large part of Google Plus' popularity is that you can use Hangouts for Skype-like chat, which apparently works great for live games.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
Yeah, I remember seeing in the 3.X Optimization community (min-maxers) of the devastating potential of action economy manipulation.

• Locked thread