Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

gradenko_2000 posted:

So a friend started bringing Betrayal on the House on the Hill to weekly get-togethers to make it more of a game night.

Tonight he posted "Want a game night of this? ;)"

I just let out a long "oh noooooooooooo ..."
Wait what's wrong with Munchkin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Asymmetrikon posted:

Please don't troll.
Not trolling, I legit do not know what makes Munchkin bad. it's fun and fairly simple, and the only problems I've ever had is that some people throw a loving tantrum when you give them a plutonium wyrmling to fight.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Rotten Cookies posted:

Zombies! is indeed more fun when you play it as coop. Everyone has to get to the helipad and you can trade items. I forgot what we did with the items/screw cards. I think screw cards were played instantly
Conversely, Arkham Horror gets a whole new level of interesting when you introduce PVP.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

FewtureMD posted:

Is there a game for emulating backstabbing high society folks at a tea party? That'd be my ideal.
Legend of the Five Rings is pretty much exactly this.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Doesn't the success of Order 66 in the first place lend credence to the idea that Jedi aren't necessarily head and shoulders above a non-Jedi PCs?
It's really easy to kill someone when their back is turned and they think of you and your 50 brothers as allies.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

FMguru posted:

OTOH, the more bits and bobs and gizmos a game comes with, the harder it is to pirate as a PDF.
Anything worth pirating will be pirated, and no amount of DRM or proprietary bullshit will change that. It's just a matter of how badly you want to piss off your legit customers and/or how hard you want to make it to be a legit customer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Impermanent posted:

I think I don't understand the POV of someone who just straight up doesn't believe in their ability to put all of the pieces of a game back together after they're done playing with it.

Like, do you do your dishes?
Here's a step-by-step of the process:

1. Have friends.
2. Have a game with multiple small parts.
3. Take game to a place not your house.
4a. Drop a piece without noticing.
4b. Have a piece set down somewhere away from the box.
4c. Literally anything else that might involve a small piece of plastic/paper/metal being misplaced.
5. Pack up game.
6. Go home.
7. Take game out next time you play it; realize a thing is missing!

Like, do you play Settlers of Catan with dinner plates and forks?

• Locked thread