Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CreppyMonkey posted:

all i actually know about AI is that meatpimp is an impossibly bad poster

Did you know that Rhyno has a car that runs on pussy farts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

CreppyMonkey posted:

:laffo:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CreppyMonkey posted:

Go buy an RX-7. Then you shall know AI.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Looks like Sleeman started making Silver Creek Lager again.

I bought out the entire store. :shepspends:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Gross. Try buying something not made by molson or whatever. Tons of good stuff from BC, and Edmonton had at least one brewery (alley cat).

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I drank some gros beer and now I have no idea what I'm drinking

Still dressed as a cat

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

sleeman's is absolute trash

i mean if the other options at the bar are blue or molson, yeah i'll go with the sleeman, but barely

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Not drunk, but I did a shot and then smoked with a war vet and talked about random poo poo. That count?

Also, I wore my Fire Dept. coat and just went as an off-duty firefighter as my costume :v:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

T1g4h posted:

Not drunk, but I did a shot and then smoked with a war vet and talked about random poo poo. That count?

Also, I wore my Fire Dept. coat and just went as an off-duty firefighter as my costume :v:

i'm gonna assume that by smoked you mean weed, in which case yes that counts, 420 blaze it

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

CreppyMonkey posted:

i'm gonna assume that by smoked you mean weed, in which case yes that counts, 420 blaze it

Score. I like our new mod already :v:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Sweet, drunk postin' time.

gently caress I'm not drunk enough. No typos. Crown Royal with cream soda. poo poo's fuckin good, people. Also bought a lottery ticket so if I win, secret santa will be entire project cars. I'm not going to win, but I figure the lottery is as dumb as buying whiskey, so I buy a ticket every time I buy a bottle. If I don't win the lottery, I get drunk, so I still win.

Hey I was thinking for secret santa, we don't have many deadbeats but I guess there was one last year - we should all do like a "bad beat" pot where we send a small token gift to Sockington so that if someone gets stiffed, they get a big melting pot of miscellaneous gifts from everyone. And if nobody gets stiffed, Sock gets it for being the organizer.

I was actually nicely buzzed earlier but I drifted off during a movie for like 30 minutes and woke up sober. I hate that.

And, continuing my Halloween tradition, not a single trick or treater. THE CANDY IS MINE.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

jamal posted:

Gross. Try buying something not made by molson or whatever. Tons of good stuff from BC, and Edmonton had at least one brewery (alley cat).
I hate that I can't bring liquor over the border into BC (and back?). I spend a week out in the middle of nowhere and the ABC stores in BC are expensive.

goatse guy posted:

I drank some gros beer and now I have no idea what I'm drinking

Still dressed as a cat

:minnie:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CreppyMonkey posted:

Def. stick around a while, you do fit in.

Dunno WTF I'm drinking but it seems to be some sort of Swedish apple cider. Not bad for alcohol

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Ohgod I should not have stopped at the liquor store tonight. At least I am not alone in my drunkery. I'm two bottles of wine and a a few mixed drinks in- everything is awesome. :D

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Drinking~!

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
So is drinking something that says "Not to be used as a beverage" a bad thing? Also, rusty can o' baked beans tonight. woo!

I hate existing so much...

Happy yester'een from the future!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

October is over.

gently caress October, it sucked rear end.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

KozmoNaut posted:

October is over.

gently caress October, it sucked rear end.

yeah seriously, my car broke hardcore literally in the final hours of oct 31st.

hey chevy thanks for putting the clutch slave cylinder behind the transmission you pieces of poo poo.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Anyone near DFW want to grab this for me?

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/sop/4706595282.html

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

My house is still a frame and no kid has the enthusiasm to walk up the 1+km long driveway of the current place so we did squat last night.

Then we lost power at about 9pm and didnt get it back till 11am the next day. So I sat in the dark, drank Somersby ciders and ate Jerky. Helped a mate out today installing a compressor and wiring in his phone cradle into his landcruiser. Forgot how much pulling cable through firewalls sucked.

More Somersby!!!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
edit: Nevermind. I Must be getting tired.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 1, 2014

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I had never heard of or tasted Somersby until this week when myself and a colleague discovered it in the bar of the hotel we were staying in. I was very impressed and it is now my favorite 'normal' cider.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CreppyMonkey posted:

At least meatpimp uses his shift key.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I love waking up to check AI and see 85 new posts in general chat and find that I end up being the subject. :getin:

This isn't even October anymore, what are you doing reading this tired old thread?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678074

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 1, 2014

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

meatpimp posted:

At least meatpimp uses his shift key.

in the third person, like a wanker

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CreppyMonkey posted:

in the third person, like a wanker

I love how some people have such feelings about me that they randomly call me out... meanwhile, I have no idea who they are, nor do I care. Either way, new thread's that way -------->http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678074

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

goatse guy posted:

Still dressed as a cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XfdoSipPaI

Goons.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

My "costume" was wearing my Wal-Mart uniform to work. Even the district manager didn't notice until I said "Hi, welcome to Wal-Mart, can I help you find anything?".

I think I just killed another keyboard. Silled yet another drink on it. For now it's working, but the keys are kind of sticky. I'll have to switch to my backup and run this one under hot water or something for a bit if it craps out or starts sticking too bad.

That would be... I think #5 or #6 this year. Mouse got wet too, but barely.

I've given up even trying to keep up with this thread at this point, I just skim it and look for meatpimp or my own name.

Speaking of my own name, my car seems to have learned it:

Just changing lanes at highway speeds (70+) requires Popeye arms, and I found myself actually lifting myself out of the seat to make turns onto residential streets. I get a feeling I'm moving both the rack and the now-dead motor (it pops a new fuse within a few minutes, and it's been cutting in/out for about a week). I'd like to find whoever designed this steering rack and beat them with some :airquote: flexible gas pipe or conduit :airquote:

Coworker has a turbo Cobalt SS (08). He got the recall done in 09. Too bad GM didn't extend the recall to Saturns until 2013 or 2014, despite being the exact same part. :argh:

Beyond that, I'm not even bothering to keep up with this thread anymore. I skim it, if something spots something interested in me, I'll include it in my daily shitpost.

Friend has an 05 Ion that's an oil burner. 135k or so. I keep getting on her case to check the oil every time she gets gas; she always swears it'll have enough until the next oil change.

2 days ago she called me and said the engine was making a weird noise. I asked her if any unusual lights (especially the genie lamp next to the tach) were on. She said it would flicker around turns, and that AutoZone was only a mile away, and she'd drive there. Then said it was making this horrible rattling when she accelerated.

Kept trying to tell her to stop NOW. She went to autozone and dumped 2 quarts in. Refused to let me talk her through checking the dipstick, wouldn't let the AutoZone guys check it for her either.

Guess what seized up on her way home last night? The shop she took it to quoted $6,000 to replace the engine. It's a common L61, which is an incredibly easy engine to swap (and they were used in drat near every 4 cylinder GM from 98 until 06). They said they'd "cut a deal" for $1500 if she brought her own engine.

This engine is $500-1500 all day on eBay, depending on year model. 07+ won't work due to the addition of VVTi (different ECU, which is paired to the rest of the GM LAN, which runs a different protocol version on 06+ Ions, apparently). I told her to find an honest mechanic, or junk it. She hasn't had any of the recalls done, and it has a rough interior - IMO it's not worth fixing unless it's DIY. I'm not local to her, otherwise it'd already be in my garage. It'll start and run for about 10-20 seconds at a time; enough to get up the driveway into the garage. And frankly, since it was run so low on oil, there's a very good chance it's jumped timing by at least 1 tooth.

The Midniter posted:

You look like an angry MtF tranny in this photo, it totally rules.

Well, if I decide to go through with the at-home transformation, I have some fishing line and some razor blades. :gfrogout:

I can, though that's significantly outside of DFW. That's probably an hour and a half from me, each way.

Shipping will be hilariously expensive, unless it goes Greyhound, and I can't get to it until Sunday.

CreppyMonkey posted:

so what's erryone drinkin' on this spooky night?

(drunkposting now permitted in this thread)

lovely Mike's Harder Lemonade. Don't judge, it's 16 oz @ 8% - basically 2 beers in 1 can. Also a little bit of :420:.

What'd I miss? Where's IoC and his sex machine GMC?

leica posted:

Ok gonna walk across the street and get some 4Loco

Just the very thought of Four Loco makes me want to puke.

It used to be all I drank, now it just tastes like chemicals to me.

CharlesM posted:

Yeah but you can see it banging into the metal panel on the front. \m/

Turn it off, redistribute the load. If it's still banging, it's either shat out a bearing or a bushing.

If you can actually see it hitting the panel on the front, it's probably a bearing or the transmission. Troll Craigslist for a cheap used one, unless this one is new enough to fix.

I dropped $150 on a NOS timer for our 16-17 old washer recently. It kept stopping between cycles (often wouldn't even run a cycle, just fill up and never do anything else), and you could hear the timer arcing. I expect another 15+ years before it needs another repair; the only thing I see it needing is maybe a door safety switch. it's a bottom tier Maytag (from when Maytag made their own stuff).

mafoose posted:

I've got just over 3 hours left on my shift, and then I'll probably go home and have a couple glasses of Knob Creek Rye with a splash of water.

God my mouth is watering just thinking about it...

When I'm too tired to drive home, I often park behind the store (engine + a/c on if it's warm, otherwise crack the windows/sunroof) with a couple of beers, then take a nap.

CreppyMonkey posted:

You haven't seen viggen yet, have you?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Nov 1, 2014

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My parents just stopped by and were excited to see a super hot chick in the living room. And then disapointed when I told them she was my roommate's GF.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

goatse guy posted:

My buddy is a beer snob and probably murdered someone to get it. Dogfish Head doesn't distribute here.

We had Dogfish Head American Beauty the other night. If someone can find me some more, please please PM me.

Dogfish Head has a restaurant/alehouse in Gaithersburg about 45 minutes from my house... I used to work down the street from one of the restaurant. The food was mediocure at best.

I don't really drink beer, but I do love me some wine, which is what I did last night, then I went to bed at around 10pm. I feel old for only being 26.

Do you know how many of these I took to the dump last year? It had to have been about 30. Plus the stupid proprietary, keyboards monitors, EVERYTHING.

alternate.eago fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 1, 2014

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 249 days!)

some texas redneck posted:

You haven't seen viggen yet, have you?

With TT going propost, and you losing digits to 'betes, who will keep the joke running? :ohdear:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Viggie is best seen and unheard :haw:

(I'm kidding - AI wouldn't be what it is without you)

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

How huge is huge? My truck bed is only 5.5 feet.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hey guys I can get dogfish head at meijer here if anyone wants some

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

CreppyMonkey posted:

yeah seriously, my car broke hardcore literally in the final hours of oct 31st.

hey chevy thanks for putting the clutch slave cylinder behind the transmission you pieces of poo poo.

Hahaha those idiots were still using concentric/internal slaves when your car was made?

$20 part, $1000/10 hour service. It is a great thing.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Hahaha those idiots were still using concentric/internal slaves when your car was made?

$20 part, $1000/10 hour service. It is a great thing.

The same Getrag (as M94 and M86) was used in a poo poo ton of Delta-platform cars (Ion, G5/Pursuit/Cobalt, HHR, Vue, Astra/Vectra/Tigra/Zafira) long after the Cavalier was laid to rest. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still in a bunch of other Chevy small cars even now.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 1, 2014

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

N is for Nipples posted:

How huge is huge? My truck bed is only 5.5 feet.

I should have specified, I'm mostly interested in the 3b2, which is basically PC sized... But given the availability of MFM drives (low) maybe I should forget it.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Why is there two chat threads?

I NEED AN ADULT!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Why is there two chat threads?

I NEED AN ADULT!

Until a mod checks in on us, it is both October and November, simultaneously. Schrodinger's Month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Octember

• Locked thread