Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Yay new thread

Geirskogul posted:

Also, everyone buy an ACVW, so we can enjoy the pain as a group.
ACVW (baja bug) has been on my list of cars that would be fun to own for a while.

My wallet hates me but car booked for 6 laps on the Nurburgring October 12th. Hell yeah, that's how you wrap up a trip.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

One tree doesn't know how to tree anymore
Laughed way too hard at this. it could be because I'm drunk.

Germany's unification day was a success I think. I drank a poo poo load of beer and ate a bunch of curryywurst. Got over my anxiety of Berlin's mass transit and traveled everywhere tipsy and/or drunk. Managed to keep a buzz and/or drink from 11am to now (8:30pm) and I'm now headed out for dinner with drinks. I'd say this was a good bank holiday.

Not sure wtf I'm going to do for the rest of the weekend. Have a 3 day unlimited travel pass for u/s bahn and busses. May just sit my rear end on a train/bus and see the city tomorrow.

Oh yeah, currywurst is awesome.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 4, 2014

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

T-Square posted:

tl;dr: We're both getting bumped up to Expert next season, and are going to get stomped hard. Also, this is totally a CA post, but you guys are cooler, and CA seems pretty dead lately.

That's awesome, nice work getting bumped to expert. One of my old roommates races WERA and wasn't thrilled about getting bumped to expert, think he protested it the first year so he could dominate novice. Wish I had the time to give that a shot.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Hotel wifi...for 15euro a day it should be able to handle netflix or youtube. I just want to zone out to Archer episodes, eat (crappy) delivery sushi and drink beer:argh:

Recently discovered Spa-Francorchamps is only an hour and a half from the Nürburgring. Deciding if I should leave earlier Saturday morning and spend some time at Spa walking around...their apparently having a Citroen 2CV race. Looks like my Sunday morning lapping on the Ring may be a bit wet, oh well.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

General_Failure posted:

That's either expensive wifi or you mean for acomodation and wifi. If it's the latter what kind of cardboard box is it?
It's expensive wifi, room rate has varied between 750-100 euro a night depending on local events. They gave me a pre-checkout bill the other day because I extended my stay. Had the daily rate at 750 euros but my 20 night stay was ~2800 euro.

Found out this morning that my Grandfather passed away last night. We all knew it was coming but didn't expect it so soon. He was put into a home last year due to dementia and health issues and every visit was worse and worse. He hated the place and was crushed every time he found out we weren't there to take him home. The last time I saw him was June on my way to the airport, we sat and talked cars for hours. It's hard because I have very few memories of him happy and healthy.

gently caress it's going to be a long day...I need to find something to work on to keep my mind off this.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Cat Terrist posted:

Just plain staying active, both mentally and physically helps. Those stories about people just declining at a horrible rate after they retire? True and it's because they stop being active. The body and brain were never designed to sit and veg out.
This is what we saw with my Grandpa. He used to swim every morning. At some point he slipped on ice and hosed up his knees, ended up getting one replaced and the other rebuilt. After that walking was difficult and swimming went down to twice a week. Eventually it was too much hassle so he stopped swimming, things went downhill pretty quick after that. The dementia kicked in hard and fast over what seemed like a year then just slowly got worse. Once he was put in the VA home you could tell he wasn't going to stick around for too much longer. He absolutely hated the place and was angry with everyone for sticking him in there.

lovely part is I'm going to miss the funeral Saturday. I'm going to have a beer in the Alps in his honor.

On happier note I'm trying to figure out if I should turn in my junk rental (Ford C-Max) tonight. Hop a train to Frankfurt Saturday morning and rent a M135 or something to drive around the alps and to the Nurburgring. I have a prepped car lined up for lapping time but I'm going to be recreating a photo (http://i.minus.com/iHSelZtZgr9LZ.jpg) and using the Ford just doesn't seem right. Thanks to reddit I know where that was shot.

If I wasn't an idiot I would have scheduled to fly out of Frankfurt instead of Berlin Monday morning.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

What a morning... Get in around 8am, poo poo load of emails asking what's broken and why the machine is running slow. Bad part, no problem except the replacements that were supposed to arrive here yesterday arrived in Hannover. Colleague agrees to meet me half way but we have to do it as fast as possible because he has meetings at noon. Haul rear end there, get parts and haul rear end back. Replace part and get system back just in time for next round of performance tests.

So for work I had to drive as fast as possible. To bad the rental tops out around 200kph and won't let you set the cruise above 180. Customer wouldn't let me take his RS5 :(

Got back to Berlin and ended up next to an black BMW i8 going through the city. Holy poo poo that is a beautiful car and it sounded pretty good when he opened it up.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 10, 2014

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Fucknag posted:

The full list of "things I care about having a house for" begins and ends with "a garage". If I didn't care about working on my own poo poo (or had the money to toss it to the shop and say "fix it" and drive a rental for a week) nothing about homeownership would appeal to me at all.
This is why I bought a house. I just wanted a garage I could safely store vehicles/tools and work on stuff

But yeah. Should have gotten medical attention a lot sooner. I loving hate going to the doctor in general, I'm THAT GUY that only goes moments before dying.
I'm the same way, it's not good and it's something I'm trying to get better about. Doctors and hospitals are just so lovely...but so is dying. Hope they put you on some good drugs and fixed you.

I apologize for the random snapchat dumps over the past couple days and likely tomorrow. Take a bunch then purposely fail to send since I have limited data. Get back to wifi and dump them. There will be lots and lots of car photos tomorrow. After I finish my laps I'll hang around for a while if the weather isn't poo poo.

Reserved a BMW 1-series, got a VW Scirocco...not that disappointed really. Always wanted to see how they drive. They drive like a Golf with harder springs. This one has the TSi engine but not sure which size so between 120 and 210hp. Pulls ok once you get some RPM and boost built up. Handles good but likes to understeer like all VW's. Beat on it for a while on some wet, narrow, curvy roads and it does pretty good. Think the 1-series could have been more fun but that's ok.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Nidhg00670000 posted:

How the hell did they to that switch, and how'd it go over?

"Ja, hier ist ze keys to ze car."

"But this isn't..."

"Ja, ist german auto, sehr gut! SEHR GUT! BMW, VW ALL DEUTSCH, RAUS!"

(Rent4Ring?)

Na Sixt, this is my road car rental so it isn't that big of a deal. I had to go with RentRaceCar.de this time for the track rental, we'll see how they are in an hour or so, I checked out the cars last night and was pretty disappointed to see stock seats/belts. We used Rent4Ring last time and they were excellent.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

What a trip and weekend. Back to my hotel to pack and pass out, hop on a train then bus to the airport tomorrow morning at 6:45. If I'm lucky I'll be at my house by 8:30pm...at least it's only a 6 hour time difference.

Amazing day at the Nürburgring despite the track opening two hours late due to fog. Place is like a car show all day that has a race track attached. I made myself stop lapping after completing the 6 laps I had booked, managed to do them in under an hour and the best part is I didn't crash. Had one little pucker moment being too eager with cold tires on a cold and damp track. Pretty mad at myself for not bringing the GoPro this time, didn't expect to have time to get laps in this trip.

Next weekend Road America!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

T-Square posted:

What's going on at Road America? I'm like an hour from there, but I'll be racing at Daytona this weekend :v:

Chump Car race, 7 hours each day.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

leica posted:

Found out I have Crohn's disease today, yay for me!
drat Leica that sucks, hope you are able to treat or at least control it with meds. Welcome to the hosed up GI club. I'd recommend keeping a food journal/log of some kind for a while to figure out which food are good and bad for your situation.

meatpimp posted:

At least it would be an AI first. :unsmith:
Nope. I had one for a year...when I was 12 loving years old.

Out of the icu. Now I'm on a heart floor wearing an ekg machine, with blood sugar tests every hour.
Still gonna be in thrl hospital a another day or two. But at least I can shower there.
Good to hear you escaped the ICU.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Just an inguinal hernia fixed with outpatient surgery. Recovery was pretty crap.
:hfive: hernia buddy. They hosed up my operation so I ended up in a wheel chair for a month...I did lots of wheelies.

More gut chat: My gut is about the best it's ever been and likely will ever be right now. Mild lactose intolerance that's only triggered by milk (I just toss 10 lactase tablets in the gallon jug) and essentially the symptoms of short bowel syndrome. If I avoid stuff that's super processed I do ok.

Drinking chat: I usually don't drink much. While in Germany I drink a lot of beer because I was in Germany, wasn't on call all the time and mass transit is amazing. I'll have a beer after work a few times a week and a rum/whiskey/whatever with a cigar but that's about it. If I go out to eat (rare) I'll get a beer with dinner. More than a couple beers and I'd be better off sleeping on the toilet. I'm pretty boring.

Travel Chat: Flying sucks but I lucked out and the family with young kids next to me for the 8.5 hour flight were really good. Sadly someone sitting within a row or two of me on the plane had horrible, eye watering gas. 19.5 hours of travel yesterday. Get to the airport and find a flat tire on my car so I limped it to a gas station filled it with fix a flat and drove home.

drat it's nice to be home but holy poo poo have my brother and his wife managed to collect a ton of poo poo in the few months they weren't living here. Boxes piled everywhere full of just random poo poo. Fridge and freezer are full which would be awesome except it's all prepackaged/microwave stuff that destroys my gut. Can already tell I'm going to need to lay ground rules and ensure they stick to them, place is a loving disaster right now.

Oh well time to go get some real food and see if I can make space in the fridge. Working from home today. Think I'm going tire shopping some time this week.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

angryhampster posted:

I love fall because I get to make tasty stuff in giant pots.

I don't know what that is but it looks tasty I think.

This jetlag sucks, 6 hour time difference is hitting me hard this time. I'm not sure if waking up early to lift made things worse but I have a feeling it did. 10:30am and I could really go for a nap.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Siochain posted:

This was me until a fated trip to Cuba 6 years ago. Last night there, got horrible, horrible food poisoning. Ended up getting C-Diff from the antibiotics they gave me when I got back home. Then ended up having my entire gut flora wiped out from the antibiotics for the C-diff. Spent a year puking every day, hitting the can 10-12 times. Only the last 2-3 years I've felt "better", but I'm still not my old self.

C-diff is seriously scary stuff and will utterly destroy you and take a long time to get over. I had it in 2009? (or maybe 2010) and I'm still not back to where I was before in terms of strength, endurance, etc. poo poo it had me living in the hospital for 6 months, and surviving on TPN (IV nutrition) for more than a year because my gut was so hosed up. It changed the way I looked at a lot of things that I took for granted.

The last few pages have reminded me how hosed up my GI system is. Every drat post and it "Oh yeah I had that in xxxx year"

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

leica posted:

So how does this work exactly? My gut always hurts in one way or another, so I won't be sure what food does or doesn't make it hurt. I eat pretty healthy for the most part, I just never have any sort of noticeable reaction to anything I eat so it would be hard to tell.

That makes it tricky. For me it's a pretty obvious yes I feel fine after I ate that or no I'm in pain and/or stuck on the toilet. You might be able to notice some foods make it worse which is at least a start. Basically write down everything you eat/drink and try to guess serving size, then if later you feel shittier you can go back and look at the log and start narrowing it down.

Once you're on some meds or something and get to the point of non-constant pain and stuff it will be a lot easier to figure out good and bad foods. Right after the c-diff I didn't bother because everything was a problem but it got better over time.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 14, 2014

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Siochain posted:

My doctor was impressed by the fact that I had a full-blown case and was still (mostly) functional. A full month of retarded antibiotics to completely wipe out my gut flora and its "fixed", but, yeah. I'm not what I used to be, and it sucks. Lack of energy and shittiness post-C-diff led to me getting way out of shape and putting on nearly 50lbs (any amount of exertion would cause me to have the urge to vomit, and would necessitate a rapid trip to the nearest toilet.) I'm still trying to get back into shape (not that I was fit by any means, but I wasn't where I am now). People in healthcare/people who've had it are the only ones who get how loving nasty it is.
Similar here, I had swine flu for a week or so before I went in to get some meds. Meds wiped out the swine flu but also my gut. I didn't go back in until I had dropped 20lb in under a week and a half and could barely walk because my knees hurt so bad. My potassium and blood pressure was so low when I checked in they hooked up four IV's and ran them non stop for 48 hours. I am NOT a smart man...I had a similar check in this spring with e-coli. I went from 140lb to 85lb then up to 150 very over-hydrated pounds.

Strange though I never got the vomiting with c-diff at all, just the constant fear of nearly instantaneous bowel emptying at a moments notice.

Tusen Takk posted:

I already had to take discrete maths and advanced physics, why the bloody gently caress am I also required to take a course that has me designing digital circuits then providing how many volts the circuit can handle or whatever
Same reason I had to take programming classes as a materials engineer...because.

WTF was just asked if I wanted to move back to WI in a round-about way for a different job with my company. It's more tempting than it should be.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 14, 2014

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I really thought I'd eliminated the horrible people from my life (aside from myself).

If someone said to you "Man, it's really good to know that I can always rely on you and trust you." Is the appropriate resPonse to try and gently caress THEIR YOUNGER SISTER?

I'm gonna burn down this entire loving city.

You have the best friends

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Rhyno posted:

And my sister found one of my married friends on Tinder.

I've found a few married friends on Tinder and other dating sites. Usually they claim it's only for a self confidence boost or some poo poo but it bugs the poo poo out of me. I'm all for fooling around and stuff but if you're married grow the gently caress up and have some respect.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

WTF was just asked if I wanted to move back to WI in a round-about way for a different job with my company. It's more tempting than it should be.
Couldn't help but think about this all the way into work today, not sure if it's good or bad I'm considering it. My job here is secure and awesome, job there would be equally if not more secure but likely less awesome and more travel. I hate decisions.

Weekend trip to WI just got extended by at least one week. At this rate why do I have a house, I'd be better off with a large storage building with a hammock in one corner for the occasional nights at home. Think I'll be sitting down with the manager who brought up my name for the position.

goatse guy posted:

I'm taking another break from tinder while I work through my urges to adopt forty cats.
How many times is this now? Just get fifty cats and continue to make life interesting with Tinder.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 15, 2014

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

goatse guy posted:

I got matched with one of your friends on tinder. :v:

Haha I'm sorry. I hope they aren't one of the three that stood you up.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

T-Square posted:

Can you please? Just so I can stare at your M3 all day. Also, come ice-hooning :getin:
I miss ice racing and general winter driving so much.

Devyl posted:

After 5 years, she said she needs to have her own space for a while. She's been gone for 5 days now. I hate this because I know how it ends 99.99% of the time.
:sigh:
:ohdear: crap, sorry man.

1st Edition ADandD posted:

SO all you goons who have other health problems, get your drat flu shot.
poo poo I knew I forgot something. And guess who picked up something on the flights the other day...feel like poo poo right now. Must be the Ebola.

no, none of you guys get the M3

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Traveling while sick is not fun. Occasionally coughing and blowing my nose while all the TV's in the airport are freaking out about ebola was fairly entertaining though. Head is very stuffed up, altitude/pressure changes did not help things. My left ear will not equalize so it feels and sounds like I have an earplug in for the past ~14 hours.

Cold wet day at Road America today, hope the forecast is correct with decent weather for the weekend. Last race of the season and RA is a great track. If anyone is in the area get in touch (pm/snapchat/whatever) if you want to come watch and hang out, we may put you to work.

ssjonizuka posted:

Technically unnamed, 9lb 2oz. "Little" boy was born this afternoon. Baby and momma are doing awesome. I'd forgotten they could be so little. :3: (and for reference, this is #2).

Also, Mrs. SSJOnizuka is loving amazing - no way I could hold a candle to what she has accomplished today.
Congratulations man, was happy to see the snaps when I landed.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Well weekend didn't go as planned but worked out ok in the end. Race started cold and wet with Dad driving, he drove pretty reserved but kept it in one piece. I got out as the track finally dried out, set some fast laps then wrecked the car. There will be video in a while but the snapchat should have gave a pretty good idea. We may have been able to fix it but said screw it and packed up.

Met my brother, his girlfriend, my aunt and uncle for dinner then crashed at their (aunt/uncles) house. Woke up and headed to the airport for breakfast. Nice flight with beautiful fall colors and an excellent breakfast. Flew there in my uncle's Cub based float plane he built over the past 10 years, flew back in his friends RV10. Both experimental and great planes.

Now in WI for a week or two. Unload the race car in a few hours and see how much damage there is.

goatse guy posted:

This guy isn't awful, he just doesn't like cars. :sigh:
I may be terrible but I like cars, we'll grab drinks at some point while I'm up here.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

I wrecked the car.

As promised here's me smashing our car up after setting a fast lap for the day - http://youtu.be/EyIAZTOCCA4

I'm a bit sore but not even any bruises, video looks a lot worse than it felt.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

keykey posted:

How'd you guys do overall? My wife and I saw the snap of the dented side and being jacked up yesterday a few hours into the race while having lunch she said,"Holy crap, that sucks!"
We didn't feel like fixing it so we packed up. We were down to somewhere in the mid 30's (out of 80) as far as position and I was putting in lap times consistently around 2.59-3.01 I think. We tried different tire pressure settings and I was loving it. It was a race of carnage though, cars dropping out like crazy and I would guess maybe 1/2 the field ran the day without being towed or limping it to the pits.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

leica posted:

lol. As I'm watching you mess with that I'm thinking seriously, wtf is he doing that's not smart....yep.

That'll learn ya :v:

Yup pretty much, I should have just ignored it. Was watching some of my other laps and I knew I was close to that edge but a majority of the time I'm right on the edge. Combine a couple of seconds of distraction with driving along that edge and you get one F'ed up car.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

goatse guy posted:

It'll probably be this weekend, somewhere in Wisconsin. Midwest AI: Where Four Hours Away Is Still Close

Sweet, if Menomonie is convenient at all we have big dumb dogs and Dad's E30 M3 here. I should be free all weekend and it looks like I won't be flying back until sometime next week.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

T-Square posted:

Looks like I'm about 4.5 hours from Menomonie. We'll see if my car is up for it, otherwise let me know what yours and Goatse Guys plan is

Tusen Takk posted:

Yup that's a 7 hour drive. Have fun!

Open for suggestions, I've got the TDI so distance isn't much of an issue. Goatse Guy's welcome to ride along.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

meatpimp posted:

It's been said before, but one more time -- cover yourself when using Craigslist. I sell a good bit using cl, but never have anything that can be traced to me... I use a burner cell phone ($10 black friday Sprint phone using RingPlus for a couple bucks a month), always meet in a public place, and cycle though gmail accounts like STR processes mexican food.
I constantly have to remind my brother when he's selling/buying poo poo that the transaction is not going to take place at my house. Every drat time he starts talking about all the cool poo poo in the garage and next thing I know some random stranger is getting a tour of my garage. Some group stopped by the other day to buy a set of wheels and he felt the need to show them the M3/928/320i and brag about the value of the cars...just what I need.

Laranzu posted:

I just traded in my focus ST for a volt. Moving to Hawaii where it's all traffic. Literally almost crying now for owning a boring car.
On the up side you're moving to Hawaii. Which island? The times I've been out there I would have much rather had a dual sport or small motorcycle than a car.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 20, 2014

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Viggen posted:

All we need are two more, and then we shall ride- RIDE, my brothers, INTO THE APOCALYPSE!

(Who is Conquest, War, Famine & Death? I ain't gonna be famine.)

I guess I'll take Things Not Working Properly Even After You've Given them A Really Good Thumping.

That was a pretty good book.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

rscott posted:

terry pratchett is hands down my favorite fiction author

I was talking about the Neil Gaiman but whatever.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Viggen posted:

Well, she's gonna need some work..

(cleek)

:golfclap: Well done, great looking car

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

I've been lucky in 2014. Other than recovering from ecoli (October 2013) I've been pretty healthy and got to travel. First year since 2009 I haven't met my max out of pocket for insurance in the first 6 months :woop:

Here's some laps from this weekend when I wasn't crashing - http://youtu.be/vyggoiIGzb4

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Phone posted:

SC300. Going in with a few friends to make a Chump car.
That should be a halfway decent chump car. We're building up yet another E30 this winter because they're cheap, fast, reliable and easy to work on.

Completely unrelated note...puppies are awesome and I want a dog again. On the other hand when they decide 5am is a good time to wake up and start barking it sucks. Oh well I didn't want to sleep an extra hour anyways.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Tusen Takk posted:

Maybe we just got lu my but our puppies never did that. Otoh, we would be up until 2am and that usually meant so was the puppy
My Mom's dogs are good and won't wake anyone up unless we ignore them until 9am or so. We're babysitting two 5 month old puppies, one is fine but the other is used to being up by 4:30am everyday. Once one is up and whining the other starts and it goes downhill from there.

Looks like my trip is extended again and I got bumped from helping with the install to leading it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

For someone that works on some of the fastest computers IN THE WORLD (you better have read that in Jeremy Clarkson's voice) I have poo poo for personal use. Work supplied Dell 6430u ultrabook for work and light gaming then some barely adequate media pc for netflix and browsing. I keep thinking about building a decent one but always back out right before ordering the parts...funny I'll spend that money without thinking on cars or travel but not on a nice pc.

Need to start playing with my Raspberry Pi at some point, think it's in my suitcase.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

07 LR3. This can only end in flames.
I saw the keys but wasn't sure. You foolish foolish man, well done.

bandman posted:

She seems to think that just because I have a dick and balls, I'd gently caress anything that moves, forgetting the fact that she's the only person I've ever been with.
Your dick and balls have been set free, proceed to gently caress anything that moves. after the divorce BS is completed Sorry you're stuck going through all this crap.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I'm still using my Dell Latitude E6400 from like 2009. I added another 2GB of RAM and replaced the battery and keyboard. Other than that it still runs perfect. Of course I can't really game with it, but I'm more of a console guy anyways.

Crap I have one of these sitting at work that I use once every other week to check my customer email. I should toss linux on it so I have a mobile linux box to plan with. That or get a new battery and charger for the little EEEpc and toss linux on it. Think I have another laptop in a drawer somewhere that needs a new HD.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 24, 2014

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Slung Blade posted:

I'm even worse. I'm fat and I'll wear a bright orange polo shirt on Halloween. Tell people I'm dressed as a pumpkin.

I should get a green hat or something.

Several years ago I found a large white plastic housing, 10 minutes with a dremel turned it into a helmet. Toss on a white painters jumpsuit and a black turtleneck underneath and I'm an rear end in a top hat. I've used it for the past 4 years at least.

guy in the middle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

The Midniter posted:

How does this happen, really? I mean I know the importance of hydration and work out a lot so I'm swigging water all day, but I recognize that not everyone's like that. Still though, people have to eat and drink, so how does one let oneself get so dehydrated (outside of a desert environment or somewhere you'd expect that to happen) to the point of passing out?
I get dehydrated a lot easier than most but overall it is pretty easy to get dehydrated. My biggest problem is when I'm really busy with projects or work and when I'm traveling. High heat in the summer and being outside makes it even easier. You can even drink too much water and make yourself dehydrated.

As Pham mentioned drinking caffeinated stuff isn't great but there isn't enough diuretic effect to offset the volume of liquid consumed so it's a net positive. I'm guessing alcohol is similar.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I knew it! I'm surrounded by assholes!
This is hanging in the office I'm working out of this week, I snapchatted it at some point I believe.

Alighieri posted:

My best guess is at a minimum it might need something setup for weight sensing and position in the car, as for who the occupants are, I have no idea why that would be needed.
Why would it even need to know weight sensing and position for general driving down the road. Sure it will effect braking/acceleration as well as possible cornering speed but it isn't like the drat thing is going around a race track or pushing the tires in any way. Sure you could argue in bad conditions (snow/ice/flood) it may be useful. The car is going to have pretty similar handling capabilities for commuting duty whether there is a 125lb woman or 500lb worth of people in there.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 24, 2014

• Locked thread