Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Fucknag posted:

Hey I guess this means someone needs to wake up Green Day.

Dear lord, no. Do you want them releasing new music ala American Idiot? Let sleeping dogs lie, man :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

^ Legos are awesome, girls who like Legos are also awesome.

Also, any of you guys see the new Lamborghini hybrid? I'm digging it, it looks drat good.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Not just you, I can see the resemblance. Side effect of them both being owned by VAG maybe?

Also, the Asterion's rear end styling looks pretty :krad:, imo.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Goddamn, I'm starting to really enjoy driving this stickshift dump truck at work. I finally get why you guys rave about stuff with manual transmissions, they're a blast when you nail your gear changes. I don't think I've ever thought of using "Dually Silverado dump truck" and "fun" in the same sentence until this week.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

You are a ballsy, brave man :stare:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Man, today was awesome. I met the owner of Redwing RC, got to check out his new prototype plane, and took about 600 photos of some really crazy stunt flying. It owned.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

bumblecock shitbitches

:lol:

New favorite swear, right there.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Snapchat Goons: Freiburger from Hot Rod Magazine / Roadkill fame just posted this:

So, if you've ever wanted to send dick pictures / snaps of your ride to one half of the Roadkill crew, you're in luck :v:

EDIT: Apparently, his Snapchat is HotRodNetwork.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 6, 2014

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCU-HpHdE7Y

I love the Top Truck Challenge. That green S10 :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

General_Failure posted:

Which one is that? I don't know, and I tend to watch youtube videos in tl;dr format with sound off. Is it the one with the spare on the front? How do they see?

Yeah, the green one with the spare on the front. I'm pretty sure they only did that for that event to get some extra traction up front for that hillclimb.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

General_Failure posted:

Thanks for humouring me. I hope that's the case. It looks like it'd be a pretty major handicap otherwise. So does that mean the rules allow shuffling things around for challenges?

I'm assuming so, for minor stuff like that it doesn't seem to be a huge deal. I know later on when he's doing the Frame Twister section he doesn't have it mounted there (Or anywhere, as far as I can see). Top Truck seems to be pretty lax on stuff like that.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Tomarse posted:

I'm sure someone in this thread originally recommended 'next car game' on steam?

The latest update gave it online multiplayer and it is great fun! - 18 player destruction derby :)

Is anybody else playing it?

Did they fix the godawful handling? I know they completely redid the engine and it made the cars handle like absolute poo poo. It was basically impossible to get proper airtime off jumps and if you turned off assists, they either plowed through corners or spun out the instant you touched the throttle :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Tomarse posted:

I don't have a problem with the handling but I'm playing in default auto mode so have no idea what it's like without any assists.
I always go for playing driving stuff as games rather than accurate driving simulators.

I just gave it a shot, and it's better than it was. When they first reworked the engine, assists off was basically unplayable with a 360 pad, and assists at full was pretty much an instant win button because the car just gripped like tarmac. Now I can actually drift corners with all the assists off, so they've made progress at least. Still can't really get as much air as you could before they redid the engine though :sigh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Pham Nuwen posted:

The word is "drivel", christ.

No, this is Twitter we're talking about, most tweets are pretty similar to what came out of STR's rear end after his rancid turkey incident. Dribble is pretty appropriate :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoRkHmdeP4Q

Woo, more Top Truck Challenge! Rock crawling and Obstacle course today, the obstacle course is insane.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

SlimManFat posted:

One of my dream builds:

1969 Lincoln Continental 4 door
Ratty faded black primer paint
Cragar Smoothies or some wire spoke wheels
Low. not scraping low, but low.
7.3 Powerstroke swap
Hoodstack

How bad of a person am I?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U7JQrJcPiw

Considering I still think this is one of the coolest things ever, not bad at all :hfive:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I know someone here mentioned Carmageddon Reincarnation being kinda bleh in its current state, but I'd like to point out, for today it's $18 on Steam and comes with free copies of Carmageddon 1 and 2. I picked it up just for those alone.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Tomarse posted:

I mentioned it. I think its a great game and I can't wait for it to be finished! - but its really buggy and has been for the last couple of updates on my PC :(. It takes over 10 minutes to load a race, and then usually half way through that game something goes wrong with the peds and they get all glitchy and I can no longer hit them. Due to the 10 minute wait to start again I usually then quit.

Well, since you bought it in Early Access, check your Steam inventory. You should have a gift coupon for Carmageddon 1 and 2 at least :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

leica posted:

Bigger, schmigger. Just concentrate on trying to be happy.

Seriously. I'm a high school dropout with his GED fixing water lines and keeping a small town's water supply system intact, and while i'm by no means rich and i'm working my rear end off just to put new tires on my car, i'm still able to stay happy and enjoy life. I get to spend time with my folks every week, i'm putting back money slowly but surely, and i'm living in a fairly beautiful area. It's not wealth or riches, but i'm content for right now. Just have to enjoy every day as it comes :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Talk about an easy day at work. Go in for an hour and a half, take chlorine samples, get readings off the wells, and now i'm home for the day eating lovely fast food and listening to the rain. Sometimes, life is good.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Random bit of music chat, but I think this may be my favorite live DVD ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOU8iPqo35w

It's pretty much an hour long zombie movie / concert session and the entire plot is about them being self indulgent and making a concert DVD during an actual zombie apocalypse. I kinda wish more musical groups would go completely absurd with their live concert films :v:

Also, it helps that the performance itself is pretty awesome.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Cat Terrist posted:

Given I stay the gently caress away from anything to do with Fast and Furious.... is that a legit image from one of those movies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZZ60jrw6cg

Watch this and be enlightened, you're missing out. Seriously, it's worth a watch just for how cheesy and ridiculous it is.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

All the F&F movies directed by Justin Lin, minus Tokyo Drift, are dope.

The gently caress you say. Tokyo Drift was amazing, it was the last of the street racing movies in the series before they went all "The Adventures of Paul Walker and His Crazy Crime Crew". Seriously, I love Fast 5 and Furious 6 or whatever the hell they called them, but goddamn, the 4th movie marked a really weird turn in the series.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

rscott posted:

I know of like 3 bands from australia, AC/DC, silverchair and Midnight Oil

i think that puts me ahead of like 99% of americans

Hilltop Hoods, Airbourne, Funkoars, K21, Briggs, Vents :c00lbert:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 16, 2014

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Measly Twerp posted:

And some bands that don't loving suck:

The Golden Era crew is awesome and produces some of the most amazing hip hop out there and Airbourne is basically a new AC/DC :colbert:

EDIT: I mean here, seriously:

Golden Era 2014 Cypher:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67KilunrBZU

Golden Era 2013 Cypher:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrlSeKv9AOs

Hilltop Hoods' new single:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB16fJpoj-I

And some Airbourne:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2IyX5LXGyg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0w7vciQCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlPalDkWsuA

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 17, 2014

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I hope people enjoyed the snap of the gauges on a big AC locomotive (4400 HP v16 prime mover)

Wait, what? I'm missing out on something cool here apparently! What's your username? :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Its my sa user name brokenknucklez

Some of them are pretty lame but others are cool. I can only snap after we are dead on hours of service so its strange times.

Locomotives are awesome as hell though, so random train snaps are always gonna be cool in my book :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

goatse guy posted:

nm, the bartender put ice in my manhattan. :sigh:

My date is lame but the bar is playing Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat and the Descendents so I think I'll be okay.

gently caress yes DK. That alone redeems things :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Goddamn I love PB Blaster. Had to break loose a bunch of giant rear end 15/16 and 1-1/16 bolts that hold the piping to our main well, and they were rusted on solid. Liberal application of PB Blaster and brute force with a big rear end ratchet managed to solve that problem at least :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Coasterphreak posted:

Anyone that works in a restaurant and is not used to bleeding from their hands is a loving pussy and doing it wrong anyway.

Truth. When I did kitchen work, if I left for the night without a new scar somewhere on my hands or arms, it usually meant it was a really slow night. Kitchens are loving deathtraps.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Since we seem to be doing NerdChat, any of you guys try alternate shell options for Windows 7? I'm currently using Emerge and it's super slick and actually pretty easy to tweak and adjust. Back when I had XP I had bbLean installed but it was a complete pain in the rear end to edit and dress up since it was basically CSS editing at points.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Brigdh posted:

Does cygwin count?

I know nothing about cygwin, so... sure? :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Brigdh posted:

Cygwin is a port of all your normal Unix/Linux commands and programs to Windows. Basically it turns the Windows shell into a Unix/Linux shell environment. Since I do a lot of Linux development, not having to remember how to use Window's neutered shell when I'm on a Windows environment is a big plus to my productivity.

Ah, gotcha. That actually sounds pretty cool! The only Linux experience I have is a few weeks worth of dabbling about in Kubuntu, and that alone was enough to break my brain after being used to XP for so long.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Terrible Robot posted:

So I guess they unfucked themselves because the package that was "undeliverable" yesterday suddenly appeared in my mailbox today.

Still, gently caress the USPS.

I've had a package that has been in "Pre-shipment" since the 21st. All my tracking info shows is that it was picked up in Cleveland, no info since. So yeah, gently caress USPS.

(Yes, I know that it's only been 2 days, but you'd think they could at least give me some sort of update.)

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Any one I snap chat with has just saw the horror unfold in my life.

WHAT HAVE I DONE????!!!

I saw the snap but couldn't actually read the key, what did you do? :colbert:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

07 LR3. This can only end in flames.

Oh boy. Eagerly awaiting updates on how this goes :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I was going to post an incredibly long rant about work, but you know what? I'll just sum it up with the following: Government agencies are loving awful and bureaucratic bullshit is the absolute worst.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

InitialDave posted:

You should try French government agencies. Which are involved with aerospace. Jesus loving Christ.

Dad and I are currently dealing with the USDA and state health department at work re: our town's water system falling the gently caress apart and that alone is a nightmare, i'm not sure I even want to imagine what you have to deal with.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/27/luxury/ferrari-car-sergio/index.html

So, apparently Ferrari released another hideous, super limited run invite only supercar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Sorry, I refuse to hate on a Pininfarina car dedicated to the dude's dead dad.

The dedication is cool and all, but that car makes the Enzo look refined and gorgeous, and that's saying something.

• Locked thread