Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

In other news, my two eBay Chinesium HUDs came today -- super fast and super cheap. I won't be able to install them until early next week, but for $10 each? Hella buy. For the normal price of about $40 each? Still a really good buy. They come with a translucent reflective sheet for the windshield and a sticky thing for the dash, along with a flat cable for easy routing from the OBDII port to the HUD unit.
Take pictures please! I saw those things months ago but never found any in-use pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

goatse guy posted:

I didn't get murdered on my tinder date last night and I actually had a good time. He reminded me of Aziz Ansari except he wasn't funny at all.

And then there was this:

I met this dude once. He and his friend came and picked me up and towed my car home when I was stuck in Wisconsin with a busted oil pump. He's been sending me all sorts of weird messages like that.

Dudes are loving weird.
Yeah, hes the weird one. Not the person responding with "have you ever done a quality line of blow off a bmw dash?"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Tbh I miss sigtrap, I want to read more about his aston martin.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Geirskogul posted:

As a healthcare worker, I kind of want to strangle you.
As a healthcare worker, that's kind of a weird thing to do!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Viggen posted:

5% RockAuto discount code, good through end of November: 256174906647365
They always have one, just google "rockauto 5%" whenever you need to buy something.

edit: 2456485322894504

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ugh, I cant wait to have a drink tonight.

I bought two wheels online a few days ago, only one showed up and the other is lost.

Stressing out about a winter car that I bought that needs a transmission rebuild.

At work some student complained to someone and it reached my boss because I didn't hang up flyers for her in a college library. She was the rudest person I've helped in weeks, had to ask her to repeat herself 4 times because she was mumbling. I told her we have bulletin boards that she can use but we don't do it ourselves. Not in trouble but still aggravating that instead of doing the work herself she just went to diversity & equity and made it an issue.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Maksimus54 posted:

My life is really super decent. Horrible stuff doesn't happen too often and I usually find a way to trudge through it. But to add to the depression here I bought a 98 Integra LS for my girlfriend and acted a fool when I went to inspect. Broke all the rules on how to buy a used car and am paying for it now. The point of the story is now the car is running ok, new tires have been purchased but the alignment is so bad I'm really worried something is damaged beyond a reasonable amount of repair and we are approaching our limit on how much more to put into this car. Tell me it will be ok AI
Im at the same point. Didnt take a long enough test drive for the overdrive light to start flashing, now I get to replace the transmission. I was trying to find the cheapest option, finding a used trans on craigslist and swapping it out. I finally decided "gently caress it" and Im just gonna get it replaced and hope that it lasts me for a few years. Ill take a huge loss if I sell it so I might as well keep it and try to keep it running.

Good luck with yours.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Viggen posted:

Oh, I do. I just occasionally check to see who you are busy insulting.
Girl was drinking a shitload of alcohol, wasn't really insulting her.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

BraveUlysses posted:

I have an interview in 90 minutes and I'm anxious as gently caress. haven't had an interview in a year and a half and that one was excruciatingly bad.
Don't worry about it, my last interview for my current job went horribly, or so I thought. I wasn't in a great mood and I responded to the "Tell me about yourself" question with a "Ehhh, well what do you want to know?" Two years later Im still here.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

It's been said before, but one more time -- cover yourself when using Craigslist. I sell a good bit using cl, but never have anything that can be traced to me... I use a burner cell phone ($10 black friday Sprint phone using RingPlus for a couple bucks a month), always meet in a public place, and cycle though gmail accounts like STR processes mexican food.

As someone who got scammed on craigslist, I do not like this method. :(

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

goatse guy posted:

I'm letting my friends choose my Tinder dates for me today. Their criteria consists of asking them who their favorite Batman was.
Haha, random monkey cheese. Quirky!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Nodoze posted:

What is YOUR opinion on Batman?
Batman: The Animated Series best batman.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Where in NY is it? Im getting a new trans in my explorer as we speak so I can tow it for ya. :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I almost couldn't be farther away.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

Is that real? Link me.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3674792&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=16#post436704415

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So at my university we just recently got a new CIO, and I heard he had a "barely street legal race car" and he was driving it on campus impressing everyone. I found his facebook and saw these, he said it was a 917k:

He meant Fiero 917k, right?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Diet cranberry juice and raspberry vodka because its friday and sometimes beer takes too long. Calories rob you of your drunkenness people!

edit: the cranberry juice was a free sample test and the vodka was on the bottom shelf. more $$ for car stuff.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Technically drunk posting so its cool dont prob. me.

• Locked thread