Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

quote:

Cmdr. Christopher Servello, a spokesman for the chief of naval personnel, said: “Not sure we agree with all of the conclusions that were drawn, but we are grateful for the effort done by this group. … Much of the raw data collected matches what we have seen in our own surveys.”

Really? loving seriously? Bro...put the dick down..there are other ways to make O-6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Major Minor posted:

Hey Navy Goons, we had our Service Assignment yesterday and I found out that I got picked up Pilot. It wasn’t my first choice but

The gently caress? "but" nothing... There are hundreds of dudes who would suck a line of dicks to be in your shoes right now.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
I'd participate. Would probably send a legit gift (not big black dildo or w/e)...

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
I got asked what the designation was for a hot LZ (landing zone) for a helo during Vietnam on my SWO board.
was a lookup, I had no idea...and guess what? I don't remember what it was. That's how important it was.

I never ask people lame-rear end "stump the chump" questions like that on boards. I ask abstract poo poo that requires you to actually use your brain because I want to see how a person thinks/reasons their way through a problem (especially with incomplete information), not whether or not you can regurgitate useless loving Jeopardy trivia.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

CO was watching my PRT today. Are you supposed to call attention on deck while in PT gear? No one did, but this was also the first time since he's been the CO ( a year and a half) that I've seen him in person. I also hear he got pissed off the other day that a watchfloor that didn't belong to him didn't call attention on deck, so idk.

He has been on a kick about it lately... A couple weeks ago some 2nd class walked right by him in the p-way and didn't say anything, and then like a week later some JG not only didn't stand when he entered the room, but didn't acknowledge him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I'm becoming more and more curious as to when NMCI is actually going to upgrade to a modern web browser. Like, virtually every non-military site I visit these days comes with a distressingly-worded warning that my browser is old as poo poo and no longer supported. That is, if the page even loads, which an increasing number of sites don't. At what point do they finally figure "gee, 2009 was a great year and all, but maybe we should move on"?

This is what happens when you do stupid poo poo like let the OPNAV N2/N6 (for the entire loving Navy) be an aviator (or SWO, or any other URL who hasn't been a career comms or something similar, for that matter).

PneumonicBook posted:

Our NMCI computers just got IE10 on them last weekend.

Meaningless if they're still running XP...

• Locked thread