Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Zeris posted:

Can someone explain how the clearance went away? I understand the implications but how does a clearance suddenly disappear?

Probably failure to renew or update some info with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faddypaddy
Sep 3, 2011

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
Everyone gets a title or we lose it next year

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Prod
He probably let it expire.

timma85
Feb 13, 2006
Any advice about Fort Benning? Do they make E-5 types live in the barracks? Any BS I should know about there? Hopefully it's a step up from Vilseck.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
It's five years for a TS, which drops to a regular Secret if you let it lapse. Secret lasts for ten.

In theory your S2 should be all over getting guys to renew, but it's like herding cats sometimes forcing dudes to re-input their sf86 online.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Merton Blask posted:

It's five years for a TS, which drops to a regular Secret if you let it lapse. Secret lasts for ten.

In theory your S2 should be all over getting guys to renew, but it's like herding cats sometimes forcing dudes to re-input their sf86 online.

If you applied for or renewed your clearance any time since 2007, your information will be stored in eQip. All that you need to do for the reinvestigation is update your information since then.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Merton Blask posted:

If you go from active to reserve/guard your TS downgrades to Secret as well.

Happened to me in '93

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
My clearance expired, really don't give a poo poo anymore. Less than 250 days left, Want to go IRR.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

11b1p posted:

My clearance expired, really don't give a poo poo anymore. Less than 250 days left, Want to go warrant.

Fixed that for you.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I was an S2 and can't figure what idiot S2 would let him drop a SOAR packet, then PCS from OCONUS, with an expired clearance. I mean, I understand a lot of dumb army poo poo. But cmon. That requires so many fuckups in a row to happen. I guess the answer is both simple and infinite: the army.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

White Chocolate posted:

Fixed that for you.

I'd shoot myself in the face.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

11b1p posted:

My clearance expired, really don't give a poo poo anymore. Less than 250 days left, Want to go IRR.

Aren't you an AGR?

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

psydude posted:

Aren't you an AGR?

The sad thing is that my initial response is to be offended. But no, I'm not AGR.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

agr = more worthless than contractors

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

agr = more worthless than a chaplain

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

agr = more worthless than contractors

In like 3/9 agrs I have known yes but the ones that know their poo poo, my lawd they are good.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

White Chocolate posted:

In like 9/10 agrs I have known yes but the one that is a DTS magician, my lawd he is rich.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They really should dissolve the AGR program and go back to cycling Regular Army personnel through AGR billets. That, or just offer them as ADOS tours.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I didn't think I would ever do this, but thanks to the army I literally stood around watching paint dry.

Thanks, army.

DONT THANK ME THANK UR RECRUITER!! LOL!!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
what a agr? im gonna guess a gay retard cuz that make me laug

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Guard guys who are full time active. Like a line company usually has 3, one each for supply, personnel, and training. All NCOs.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Guard guys who are full time active. Like a line company usually has 3, one each for supply, personnel, and training. All NCOs.

looks like i was right!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

basically office people for the guard that work full time and are insufferable during drill weekends

if you get it as a job its a cool life though, basically just 9-5 army office poo poo with 1 weekend a month

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Zeris posted:

Can someone explain how the clearance went away? I understand the implications but how does a clearance suddenly disappear?

After a few weeks in his new unit he was informed that it must have been a mistake because he still had his clearance. I have no idea how this all works, but when I had to get a list of everyone with a clearance from S2 before JRTC they did not have completely accurate information.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Basically this. Reserve units usually have 5 because they're decentralized from the battalion. They're notorious for somehow getting nothing done but also getting upset when people don't immediately respond to their emails. Also for some reason guard AGRs don't always deploy with their units.

psydude fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 23, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah, AGRs pretty much always act like somebody pissed in their cornflakes.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
From my understanding, it's a pretty good gig if you never want to have to take a legit PT test ever again.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
If you know the right people you never have to take a legit pt test anyway.

I did 114 push-ups on one pt test.

Thanks SGT Calhoun for that one.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

Over the years our previous AGR's worked 4 day weeks from 0900 until 1430 with a lunch hour from 1100 to 1300. I am not making GBS threads you. If you are unlucky enough to have an AGR commander you are double hosed. I won't go too in depth because my PL actually posts here.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

11b1p posted:

Over the years our previous AGR's worked 4 day weeks from 0900 until 1430 with a lunch hour from 1100 to 1300. I am not making GBS threads you. If you are unlucky enough to have an AGR commander you are double hosed. I won't go too in depth because my PL actually posts here.

How did you find out about your PL being on SA?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

zombie303 posted:

How did you find out about your PL being on SA?

"So....do you have stairs in your house?"
"Sir please just piss in the cup."

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zeris posted:

"So....do you have stairs in your house?"
"Sir please just piss in the cup."

That would be the best way.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

11b1p posted:

How much does your LT love the cock? Would you say that your LT loves an enormous amount of cock or a tremendous amount of cock?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

His PL is WhiteChocolate

e: The only thing worse than having an AGR commander is having an AGR battalion commander. At least generals aren't allowed to be AGRs.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

11b1p posted:

i'd be sneak dissin' dog

like tha rappers do

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
gently caress. Lost a brother three years ago, on this day; not a day goes by where this feels any easier.

Have a beer or two, gently caress october.

http://www.soc.mil/Memorial%20Wall/Bios/Domeij_Kristoffer.pdf

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

McSpatula posted:

gently caress. Lost a brother three years ago, on this day; not a day goes by where this feels any easier.

i will lift a glass in his honor

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
if someone enlisted and got a CIB and then went to ocs or w/e and commissioned as logistics or something would they be eligible for a CAB?

because if so, i would wear them both on my uniform after i retire to bait stolen valor people

but i'm already out so this is all moo

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

McSpatula posted:

Cheers to you and to your brother.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Cole posted:

if someone enlisted and got a CIB and then went to ocs or w/e and commissioned as logistics or something would they be eligible for a CAB?

because if so, i would wear them both on my uniform after i retire to bait stolen valor people

Still wouldn't be able to wear them both. Like not being able to wear an EIB and CIB at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

McSpatula posted:

My next one's for you, brother.

Cole posted:

You can earn them both, but only wear one becuase they're both in the same badge group or whatever.

But you should just do it anyway.

• Locked thread