Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
So I may be going on TDY starting Sunday but I still don't know for sure. I shouldn't be surprised that the army is this messed up and slow, but it still shocks me sometimes. At this point I'm expecting a phone call Saturday night saying I need to be on a plane in 6 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
In the Army, we have to always look professional when in uniform. That's why you can stick your hands down your pants to keep them warm, but never in your pockets.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Does anyone know anything about compassionate reassignment? Just got news today that my dad's cancer is back in a bad way, and my mom's cardiomyopathy makes it hard for her to take care of herself, let alone my dad as well. A neighbor at my last base said he got stationed there because of a similar situation in his family. I've found the listed requirements (DA Form 3739, written explanation from me, written explanations from the oncologist and cardiologist, and a letter from my commander) but is this something the Army even really does? I just want to be close enough to help my family out when they need it, especially since my sister just moved across the country with her Navy husband and they won't have anyone nearby.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Thanks, guys. I'll start filling out paperwork and talk to my first line about it tomorrow. Fortunately, my chain of command seems to be pretty decent so hopefully something good will come of this.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I didn't think I would ever do this, but thanks to the army I literally stood around watching paint dry.

Thanks, army.

DONT THANK ME THANK UR RECRUITER!! LOL!!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Figures that the first snowfall of the season is scheduled to hit halfway through our field exercise. Hooray!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Pfft, better than 1BDE and then doing it last month. What's the point of doing mountain peak training at fort drum if you aren't going to do it in the snow?!

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Sucks to be 2BDE army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Cole posted:

Congratulations my friend. You just hosed your entire brigade.

Phenomenal cosmic powers... Itty bitty sleeping space.

I'm just jealous they didn't have to deal with (potential) snow. My southern self hasn't really seen much yet so it kind of scares me.

• Locked thread